DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Something interesting said by Peyton Newell this morning. He said he appreciated that "the Nebr coaches never tried anything shady with him and that they never said anything with money, as that goes on a lot now". The other team recruiting Newell early was South Carolina. I'm starting to connect the dots. To me it says business as usual.

Let's have more than two dots to connect before our grapes go sour.

Something interesting said by Peyton Newell this morning. He said he appreciated that "the Nebr coaches never tried anything shady with him and that they never said anything with money, as that goes on a lot now". The other team recruiting Newell early was South Carolina. I'm starting to connect the dots. To me it says business as usual.

:bs: Spurrier has never been connected to a pay for play scheme in all his years of coaching, if it did happen we would be recruiting a lot better than we are and we would've won a Natty by now. It's that simple. I'm not saying it doesn't go on, an Auburn booster paid Cam Newton's dad over $180K to go to Auburn, that happened. However, USC's players don't have cars or rims like some Bama players from poor households do, and they don't have lake houses like the clemson players from poor households do. I mean, Clowney was the #1 recruit in the nation, he drove around a 6 year old Chrysler 300 that didn't even have custom rims. c'mon man, it's not that.

LOL...cause you have proof of this?

:bs: Spurrier has never been connected to a pay for play scheme in all his years of coaching, if it did happen we would be recruiting a lot better than we are and we would've won a Natty by now. It's that simple. I'm not saying it doesn't go on, an Auburn booster paid Cam Newton's dad over $180K to go to Auburn, that happened. However, USC's players don't have cars or rims like some Bama players from poor households do, and they don't have lake houses like the clemson players from poor households do. I mean, Clowney was the #1 recruit in the nation, he drove around a 6 year old Chrysler 300 that didn't even have custom rims. c'mon man, it's not that.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin #logic

Spurrier is smart enough to pay the parents. And you tell the parents not to give any cash to the kid or buy them anything that looks suspicious. It's not rocket science. Hell, Clowney car was newer than mine and something tells me my tax returns would say I made more than he did while he was in college.

Yes, Spiller, Boyd's family and then another guy who was his little brother's guardian. Also I have some great pic's.

Remember your OL Kenneth Page and "his uncle's money" after he signed?

kenpagedollars-2.jpg

Remember Mike Bellamy and "his aunt's money" after he signed?

mike-bellamy-money1.jpg

How about your TE, Dwayne Allen's interview after the 70 point blowout to WVU, "I have more money and resources than I've ever had my whole life."

• Fire 2

@HuskerExtraBC: Adam Geis on McClain: "Man, he loved the place. He tried to do everything he could to convince his parents for him to go there." #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC: Geis said Rich Fisher did "one of best recruiting jobs I've seen in last 11 years in this area" on McClain.

Too bad, I know family is important but this is just too bad for the kid.

@HuskerExtraBC

Adam Geis on McClain: "Man, he loved the place. He tried to do everything he could to convince his parents for him to go there." #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC

Geis said Rich Fisher did "one of best recruiting jobs I've seen in last 11 years in this area" on McClain.

@HuskerExtraBC

"He did A+ work," Geis said of Fisher. "The only thing he couldn't do is make Florida closer on the map to Nebraska." #Huskers

Like I said this whole thing is a joke. Blake wanted to come to Nebraska, his parents pressured him into staying closer to home. Why didn't one or both of his parents come on his official visit? Could have definitely helped them get over the distance issue.

Yes, Spiller, Boyd's family and then another guy who was his little brother's guardian. Also I have some great pic's.

Remember your OL Kenneth Page and "his uncle's money" after he signed?

kenpagedollars-2.jpg

Remember Mike Bellamy and "his aunt's money" after he signed?

mike-bellamy-money1.jpg

How about your TE, Dwayne Allen's interview after the 70 point blowout to WVU, "I have more money and resources than I've ever had my whole life."

Funny none of that warranted getting looked into by the NCAA. Also, Spiller drove a mid-90's Pontiac Bonneville, if they were going to upgrade anything, it was going to be his ride.

@HuskerExtraBC

Adam Geis on McClain: "Man, he loved the place. He tried to do everything he could to convince his parents for him to go there." #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC

Geis said Rich Fisher did "one of best recruiting jobs I've seen in last 11 years in this area" on McClain.

@HuskerExtraBC

"He did A+ work," Geis said of Fisher. "The only thing he couldn't do is make Florida closer on the map to Nebraska." #Huskers

Like I said this whole thing is a joke. Blake wanted to come to Nebraska, his parents pressured him into staying closer to home. Why didn't one or both of his parents come on his official visit? Could have definitely helped them get over the distance issue.

I have a sister-in-law the exact same way. Their daughter wanted to just look at a school that was a couple states away. They were in the area so my brother took her their to just look around. The mom wouldn't even get out of the car because she had already decided that this was the wrong place for their daughter and it was way too far away and she would get to homesick and be home anyway and then it would be a big hassle getting her home....bla bla bla.....in other words, mommy's feelings were more important than the daughter's.

Ultimately, it boils down to this: Every team finds loopholes to the rules. To say SCar is totally clean is ridiculous and extremely biased. Get out of here, CockInYourEar.

Cacti, he can't hear you. He's deaf in one ear and obviously is probably having trouble hearing out of the other.

• Fire 2

Didn't USCe have a bunch of guys living in hotels a few years ago? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Whitney Hotel in Columbia. Great callback.

Player's weren't paying anything to live in an upscale hotel room and have housekeepers keep the place clean.

That's not factual at all. The players were paying a discounted extended stay rate that was approved by that hotel's GM (who was NOT affiliated with USC) and offered to other people besides players, that the hotel provided receipts for. The players used their stipend to pay for the rooms, which all NCAA can do to pay for off campus housing.

All this pay for player stuff is pretty funny considering NU is also on probation right now for giving athletes impermissible benefits, except these came directly from the school... you know, glass houses and all....

http://msn.foxsports...ion-ncaa-020112