DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Husker fans used to be the class of college football, but it makes me sick when we have fans tweeting hate at recruits. Do they realize that other kids read this scrap. Its sad to see Blake sign with SC. He liked the Huskers, but family came first. This kid has good character and I wish him the very best in his football & college career. Even Chris Jones was asking Huskers fans to stop the hate tweeting Blake. It time to grow up and become the class we were known for.

• Fire 3

Husker fans used to be the class of college football, but it makes me sick when we have fans tweeting hate at recruits. Do they realize that other kids read this scrap. Its sad to see Blake sign with SC. He liked the Huskers, but family came first. This kid has good character and I wish him the very best in his football & college career. Even Chris Jones was asking Huskers fans to stop the hate tweeting Blake. It time to grow up and become the class we were known for.

Or we can grow up and realize that every team has crappy fans that do and say stupid crap and we are not above that, I still will go to my grave knowing that we have the BEST majority of college fans in the country and the percentage of fans who are stupid is smaller than most big time programs, social media just gives the morons a voice with no consequences.

Their are some absolute idiots in this world.

The fact is, two weeks ago we didn't have this kid. Once again we don't have this kid. To my knowledge, we didn't tell anyone major that we don't want them because he committed. So, from two weeks ago, we aren't any worse off.

Or we can grow up and realize that every team has crappy fans that do and say stupid crap and we are not above that, I still will go to my grave knowing that we have the BEST majority of college fans in the country and the percentage of fans who are stupid is smaller than most big time programs, social media just gives the morons a voice with no consequences.

The problem with social media, esp twitter, is you have no idea if the person posting is an actual Nebraska fan or not. Hell, honestly if Nebraska fans were smart they would set up accounts to look like they are fans of other teams and tweet stupid hateful stuff so it looks like other colleges fans are crazy. Guarantee you a lot of those "Nebraska fans" tweeting hurtful things to players aren't actual Husker fans.

I somewhat agree. This board is a great place to vent, but bashing an 18 yr. old kid on twitter is nuts. Regardless of social media, more & more Husker fans complain because the landscape of college recruiting has changes dramatically. This a fact that many do not want to hear.

Here's an article written today with quotes from McClain.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140205/PSPORTS02/140209844/-1/PSPORTS

"

McClain to sign with USC, by Phil Kornblut

DE Blake McClain (6-4 284) of Jacksonville, FL has decided to sign with USC flipping from Nebraska to whom he committed last weekend. McClain picks the Gamecocks sight unseen. He's never visited. But USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. worked him hard over the last week after he decommitted from Florida State. "It was the fact the coaches were very genuine and really showed that they wanted me," McClain said. He also said the chance for early playing time at USC was an important factor. Last season McClain had 24 tackles for loss, 15 sacks and forced 15 fumbles. "He's very athletic and can play inside or outside," said his coach Adam Geiss. "He's a heck of an athlete. He can run and make plays."

"

I have a lot of respect for this kid, and this kid shows the type of players Bo wants here. He whole heartily wanted to come to Nebraska, but since he has the utmost respect for his parents, he took what they wanted in mind as well. This kid was N, and would have been if his parents would have had more time to be accustomed to the distance, rather than taking it in and panicking within a week of signing a LOI.

The biggest part that I respect the most about him, is the fact he didn't wait until signing day to let fans and the coaches know that there could be a chance he goes elsewhere. He did it respectfully and gave the real reason on why, his parents and the distance.

Good luck to McClain, I know I will be cheering for him to succeed.

http://www.goupstate...9844/-1/PSPORTS

"

DE Blake McClain (6-4 284) of Jacksonville, FL has decided to sign with USC flipping from Nebraska to whom he committed last weekend. McClain picks the Gamecocks sight unseen. He's never visited. But USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. worked him hard over the last week after he decommitted from Florida State. "It was the fact the coaches were very genuine and really showed that they wanted me," McClain said. He also said the chance for early playing time at USC was an important factor. Last season McClain had 24 tackles for loss, 15 sacks and forced 15 fumbles. "He's very athletic and can play inside or outside," said his coach Adam Geiss. "He's a heck of an athlete. He can run and make plays."

"

Is there point here or do you just like trolling our board?

"

"

I didn't troll this board, I called out some unsubstantiated false accusations made about this player's and USC's character. I posted this b/c people for the past 12 hours were assuming things on why he chose USC and here was an article with quotes directly from him. Also to point out the things I said early on were factual i.e. he never visited USC. His quote from that article was that basically he chose USC b/c he felt the coaches were genuine and there was a shot at early playing time. We only have 1 SDE on the roster right now, so that's legit, we signed another this class though besides McClain.

I didn't troll this board, I called out some unsubstantiated false accusations made about this player's and USC's character. I posted this b/c people for the past 12 hours were assuming things on why he chose USC and here was an article with quotes directly from him. Also to point out the things I said early on were factual i.e. he never visited USC. His quote from that article was that basically he chose USC b/c he felt the coaches were genuine and there was a shot at early playing time. We only have 1 SDE on the roster right now, so that's legit, we signed another this class though besides McClain.

So this website pulls a couple quotes out of an entire conversation, steers them in a direction they want, and all of a sudden its factual?

McClain already stated LAST night that the biggest issue he has on choosing Nebraska is distance and his parents having an issue with it. He said he WANTED to come to Nebraska but its a family choice.

"

"

Still doesn't excuse your dickish behavior.

Everyone knows his parents wanted him closer to home, so drop it already.

"

"

Its pretty well known USC cheats. They have been on penalty for a couple years now.

I have a lot of respect for this kid, and this kid shows the type of players Bo wants here. He whole heartily wanted to come to Nebraska, but since he has the utmost respect for his parents, he took what they wanted in mind as well. This kid was N, and would have been if his parents would have had more time to be accustomed to the distance, rather than taking it in and panicking within a week of signing a LOI.

The biggest part that I respect the most about him, is the fact he didn't wait until signing day to let fans and the coaches know that there could be a chance he goes elsewhere. He did it respectfully and gave the real reason on why, his parents and the distance.

Good luck to McClain, I know I will be cheering for him to succeed.

I'm sure he's a good kid and I don't wish him ill. As to your statement that he didn't wait till signing day to back away, he might as well have. The earliest I can see where it appeared he was having 2nd thoughts was at 3 pm tues afternoon. And while it would seem a large part of the reason was his parents (at least what is provable), I wish they had gotten their poop in a group before he ever made the trip to Lincoln. I don't wish him to break a leg but I won't be rooting for him. That being said it hasn't ruined what I think was a very good recruiting effort by the coaches. I'm excited for the kids who want to be here.