DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

This is just a guess because it is how I think I would do it but I think he is gone but a bit "scared" to come out and say it right now...so he says 50-50 and then tomorrow morning he signs with USC...shoots out a tweet "I had to go with my heart" and thats it.

but in this case it's "I had to go where my mommy wants"

People on RSS are reporting that he will probably be signing with SC, but that might actually be a good thing for us.

What are they claiming? Character issues?

According to some people from another recruiting website that is SC based, they believe to be in the lead, due to his parents. The kid states he wants to be a Husker. If this kid wants to be a Husker, his parents need to let this kid do whats going to make him happy.

As for jnseb83's comment on it being a good thing for us... how so? There is nothing negative out there being said about this kid and anyone who WANTS to be N should never be a good thing if we can't get them.

People on RSS are reporting that he will probably be signing with SC, but that might actually be a good thing for us.

What are they claiming? Character issues?

According to some people from another recruiting website that is SC based, they believe to be in the lead will be his choice, due to his parents. The kid states he wants to be a Husker. If this kid wants to be a Husker, his parents need to let this kid do whats going to make him happy.

As for jnseb83's comment on it being a good thing for us... how so? There is nothing negative out there being said about this kid and anyone who WANTS to be N should never be a good thing if we can't get them.

Nick, I think it had to due with RSS being wrong. Not the kid in general!

RSS isn't the only one's claiming that he will most likely be going to SC. Am I the only one who thought that "but that might actually be a good thing for us." was intended on it not being a bad thing losing him? Lol, post was obviously not very clear ;)

Either way, it being recorded isn't good, even worse that its more than RSS.

RSS isn't the only one's claiming that he will most likely be going to SC. Am I the only one who thought that "but that might actually be a good thing for us." was intended on it not being a bad thing losing him? Lol, post was obviously not very clear ;)

Yeah, that's my bad. It was just a joke, especially since I know they said Newell was headed to Kansas minutes before he was set to announce as well as a few others that they got wrong.

Yeah, that's my bad. It was just a joke, especially since I know they said Newell was headed to Kansas minutes before he was set to announce as well as a few others that they got wrong.

It's all good man. I was just confused on why it was a good thing for us, but it was just a misunderstanding from my end lol.

Its a 50/50 shot we land him obviously. Just sucks it ends with what his parents want.

I hate to lose him, but I do understand to a point. His parents should be worried about whats best for him, which would include education. Instead appears that they want him close to home, which might be considered selfish.

Anyone hear this interview he did on 93.7 in Lincoln?

http://www.theticketfm.com/gaskins-stephens/new-commit-blake-mcclain-232014/

All kind of strange in light of the new developments...

Also apparently his decision is made but he isn't telling till the morning

"DE Blake McClain of Jacksonville said Tuesday night he has made his decision between USC and Nebraska and will announce the choice Wednesday at 9:00 AM at his school. McClain committed to Nebraska last week on an official visit there but USC continued to recruit him hard and worked their way into a 50-50 position with him before he made his decision tonight after discussing things with his family. "It was very tough," McClain said. "I did a lot of talking with my parents and we went thru a re-evaluation of everything. But I think I made the right decision." Asked if there was one particular factor that led to his decision, McClain declined to say to avoid tipping his hand on the choice. McClain talked Tuesday night with USC head coach Steve Spurrier and recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. as well as his recruiter from Nebraska. He said he has told no one of his decision."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140204/PSPORTS02/140209854

Anyone hear this interview he did on 93.7 in Lincoln?

http://www.theticketfm.com/gaskins-stephens/new-commit-blake-mcclain-232014/

All kind of strange in light of the new developments...

Also apparently his decision is made but he isn't telling till the morning

"DE Blake McClain of Jacksonville said Tuesday night he has made his decision between USC and Nebraska and will announce the choice Wednesday at 9:00 AM at his school. McClain committed to Nebraska last week on an official visit there but USC continued to recruit him hard and worked their way into a 50-50 position with him before he made his decision tonight after discussing things with his family. "It was very tough," McClain said. "I did a lot of talking with my parents and we went thru a re-evaluation of everything. But I think I made the right decision." Asked if there was one particular factor that led to his decision, McClain declined to say to avoid tipping his hand on the choice. McClain talked Tuesday night with USC head coach Steve Spurrier and recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. as well as his recruiter from Nebraska. He said he has told no one of his decision."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140204/PSPORTS02/140209854

Well, that's that. We'll know tomorrow.