Football Coaches Get Extensions

Mavric

I asked Tom Shatel what day they did this interview that was posted Saturday night:

http://www.omaha.com...o-pelini-lounge

He replied, then when I asked him a follow up question, then he deleted his reply.

2j5WJD6.png

My follow up tweet:

Josh E@saunders45 6m

@tomshatelOWH Just curious. Did you ask about his contract? Seemed a big deal, and neither SE or Bo talked about it in interviews this week.

stirpot.gif

Details:

Pelini made no mention of having received a contract extension in his sit-down interviewwith World-Herald columnist Tom Shatel, and Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst wouldn’t comment to the World-Herald’s Lee Barfknecht after the Husker basketball team’s win at Indiana Wednesday night.

After tweeting the news, Doyel conducted an interview with 93.7 The Ticket in Lincoln. Doyel said Pelini initially declined to affirm or deny he had a contract extension before saying he’d had the extension on his desk for a week and signed it Wednesday.

http://sports.omaha....n/#.UxoqPeewL7I

This whole thing is.... weird?

Not that weird, except for the part with Shatel deleting tweets I suppose. Eichorst isn't giving interviews or Q&As on the topic, but that doesn't mean he's trying to keep the whole deal a secret. Seems like a solid way to treat something as banal as a 1-year extension, the kind Bo's been getting every year -- by not drawing attention to it and treating it as un-newsworthy business as usual from the Athletic Dept.'s perspective.

Tim Beck seems grossly overpaid when you compare his salary to his peers on the staff; and then compare job performance. Just my opinion though

i am one of the few that actually like tim beck. but i agree with this. he was too inexperienced for that kind of money.

I don't think it's that people don't like Beck. I think it has to do with his inconsistent play calls. One minute he is on point and has the other team reeling and the next series he abandons what was working and seems to call the offensive plays from the opposing teams huddle.

Not that weird, except for the part with Shatel deleting tweets I suppose. Eichorst isn't giving interviews or Q&As on the topic, but that doesn't mean he's trying to keep the whole deal a secret. Seems like a solid way to treat something as banal as a 1-year extension, the kind Bo's been getting every year -- by not drawing attention to it and treating it as un-newsworthy business as usual from the Athletic Dept.'s perspective.

Eichorst keeps trying to accomplish this - let things that aren't newsworthy not be newsworthy, and our obsessive fanbase just will. not. let. him. be.

When he got introduced he said his job would be a success if nobody knew what his name was in 5 years. We're doing a good job making that impossible.

Really? He was asked about it on wednesday, after this nice ESPN article.

Eichorst’s actions speak louder than Pelini’s words.

Sure, Bo can coach and recruit just fine with four years on his contract. But if full support exists from the administration, why not keep him at five?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/96696/time-is-now-to-act-not-talk-at-nebraska

Seems odd that both Bo and Shawn declined to comment while certain media members were building a story out of nothing.