GT: Nebraska at #10 Michigan - 5:30PM - BTN

EG42u7n.png8iSjW3O.pngSFDB0r0.png

February 5, 2014

5:30pm CT - BTN

Crisler Center (12,271) - Ann Arbor, MI

Nebraska Cornhuskers 11-9, 3-5 (Last: W 60-55 vs Indiana)

vs

#10 Michigan Wolverines 16-5, 8-1 (Last: L 63-52 vs Indiana)

Big Ten Standings

#9 Michigan State 8-1, 19-3

#10 Michigan 8-1, 16-5

#17 Iowa 6-4, 17-6

Ohio State 5-5, 18-5

Wisconsin 5-5, 18-5

Northwestern 5-5, 12-11

Minnesota 4-5, 15-7

Indiana 4-5, 14-8

Nebraska 3-5, 11-9

Purdue 3-6, 13-9

Penn State 3-6, 12-10

Illinois 2-8, 13-10

Head Coaches

Nebraska Tim Miles (309-247, 26-27 at Nebraska)

Michigan John Beilein (689-408, 138-90 at Michigan)

Injury Report

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Michigan

F - Mitch McGary - Back - Out indefinitely

Scouting Michigan

Michigan comes into Wednesday’s game with a 16-5 record and a No. 10 ranking following a 63-52 setback at Indiana on Sunday. The Wolverines had won 10 straight before the loss to the Hoosiers and are tied with Michigan State at the top of the Big Ten race with an 8-1 conference mark.

The Wolverines returned three starters and eight letterwinners from a team that won 31 games and were the 2013 NCAA runner up. Under the direction of John Beilein, the Wolverines have reached the NCAA Tournament in three straight seasons, including the program’s first Final Four appearance since 1993 last season. Michigan has been tough at home, going 9-1 this season with the only loss a 72-70 decision to then No. 1 Arizona on Dec. 14.

Michigan has been without the services of preseason All-American Mitch McGary, who played in just eight games before electing to undergo back surgery. McGary averaged 9.5 points and a team-best 8.3 rebounds per game. Despite McGary’s loss, the Wolverines have been led by a trio of sophomores in Nik Stauskas, Glenn Robinson III and Caris LeVert, all of who average in double figures. Stauskas leads Michigan and ranks among the Big Ten scoring leaders at 17.8 points per game while shooting 45 percent from 3-point range. He also paces UM with 73 assists. Robinson, who could have been a first-round pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, averages 13.1 points and 4.3 rebounds per game while LeVert is at 12 points per contest. In conference play, Michigan is shooting 51 percent as a team and has been balanced offensively with four players averaging double figures. In addition the tandem of Jordan Morgan and Jon Horford are combining for 13.6 points and 10.4 rebounds per game in Big Ten play while shooting a combined 76 percent from the field.

• Fire 2

Lets see:

Michigan leads the conference

Michigan shoots 51% as a team

Michigan just lost for the 1st time in conference this week

Michigan won't overlook the Huskers because of the narrow escape in Lincoln

Michigan has a player RETURNING who would have been a 1st rounder last year

Michigan has 3 starters back from the national championship game

Wheras Nebraska......is winless on the road in the conference and has lost on the road to 2 of the weakest teams (PSU and Purdue)

Hmmmm................sounds like a recipe for an upset !

Student section themes are for high schoolers.

That's weird because hundreds of colleges do it too..

And they all suck. Give me an Izzone white out any day of the week.

A white out? You realize that is a theme.

Fine, I was getting at dress up in costume have to plan ahead what to wear themes. They are dumb and unoriginal and should stay in high school. Wear the same color and call it good.

Student section themes are for high schoolers.

That's weird because hundreds of colleges do it too..

And they all suck. Give me an Izzone white out any day of the week.

A white out? You realize that is a theme.

Fine, I was getting at dress up in costume have to plan ahead what to wear themes. They are dumb and unoriginal and should stay in high school. Wear the same color and call it good.

Don't like plan ahead dress up what to wear themes.....got it....

Like plan ahead everyone wear white......got it....

Wear the same color = original and smart

Play on stereotypes with something specific and not-commonly-seen like jorts = unoriginal and stupid

I didn't suggest that same color is original or smart. Just better.

And yes being so disinterested about the actual game that you need to come up with a tired stereotype to dress as in order to be entertained for the 2 hours is tired and played out. I went to Prep and dressed up dumb as could be for 4 years, went to UNL and had zero desire to dress up Hawaiian, or backwoods or Christmas ever again.

I would much rather pop on a t shirt and cheer. I must be the only one of my kind.

And yes being so disinterested about the actual game that you need to come up with a tired stereotype to dress as in order to be entertained for the 2 hours is tired and played out. I went to Prep and dressed up dumb as could be for 4 years, went to UNL and had zero desire to dress up Hawaiian, or backwoods or Christmas ever again.

I would much rather pop on a t shirt and cheer. I must be the only one of my kind.

I think you're making a false dichotomy. You can simultaneously be entirely interested in the game while also coming up with dress up themes. You proved that by referencing Izzone white outs. Everyone wearing white and everyone wearing jorts or Hawaiian outfits are the same thing.

I don't mind popping on a t shirt and cheering (no, you are not the only one of your kind) but there are plenty of people that need coaxing and incentives to cheer. That's just reality. I was the founder and president of my school's equivalent of the boneyard and it's mindsets similar to this that make it impossible to create an electric environment. We would try everything and anything, but some people are just too snooty and cool to have some stupid fun once in a while, whether it be wearing an outfit or even standing and yelling.

It's fine if it's not for you, but don't condescend people trying earnestly to exercise every avenue in getting people excited for the game and wanting to have fun. Because having fun is what it's about.