Sam Keller

Landlord

I figured the lawsuit would come up here. There's a lot of unhappiness at Sam for that, too. Thing is, if the Acme Widget Co. were using NCAA players' likenesses, and none of us used the widgets Acme makes, nobody would be upset with that lawsuit.

It's when something that people like is threatened, that's when it becomes a problem. I'm not going to debate the merits of that lawsuit here, but let's be honest about why we're upset at Keller for the suit.

Let's also be honest about the likely reality that he has virtually nothing to do with the lawsuit other than being a name to attach it to. A bunch of lawyers came up with a way to get paid and needed a public figurehead, which they found in Sam, who likely got a good deal of money out of it himself. Hard to fault a guy for that.

This doesnt look like the doosh Sam Keller some are trying to paint him as when he was here.

In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone loved him here until we started losing.

And then of course there's his lawsuit thingy with the video games and such.

That game was awesome.

yep. up 66 to whatever, and we're still slingin it around with 5 wides. Talk about goin down swingin.....

If I may keep the thread off topic a little longer, I believe this is the game where the KSU fans were chanting K S U and the student section would finish it with SUCKS! Gyod I love that.

This doesnt look like the doosh Sam Keller some are trying to paint him as when he was here.

In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone loved him here until we started losing.

And then of course there's his lawsuit thingy with the video games and such.

That game was awesome.

yep. up 66 to whatever, and we're still slingin it around with 5 wides. Talk about goin down swingin.....

If I may keep the thread off topic a little longer, I believe this is the game where the KSU fans were chanting K S U and the student section would finish it with SUCKS! Gyod I love that.

it's a taxi cab air freshner sir.

Good youve pinpointed it. Step two is washing it off.

Another random question while I'm at it, since the word hate has been used in this thread repeatedly, I can't for the life of me find where anyone stated they HATE Sam Keller.

Also I find your last paragraph about being asshats and demonizing a former player to be pretty tasteless and classless. I don't mind a bit telling you that either. There wasn't one f'ing word I said that alluded to 1. Myself being an asshat (not this time at least). 2. I haven't demonized anyone. Nor did my statement give that impression. You're better than that LOMs. At least I thought you were.

My apologies as I wasn't directing that towards you specifically. I used yours and Chimalli's posts as the basis of the conversation, but that last sentence was broadly intended towards anyone that has disdain or ill will towards the guy. Sorry I didn't make that clearer!

Apology accepted. I take this "quoting my post" thing very seriously.

My issues with Sam Keller:

Lawsuit

On May 6, 2009, Keller filed a lawsuit against EA Sports and the NCAA in an attempt to recover damages for the likenesses of college athletes being used in the NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball series.[1] On July 31, 2013, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in California, ruled Electronic Arts was not protected by the First Amendment free speech, to portray the likeness of a college football player. After that ruling, Keller's attorney stated that next step will be to take aim against the NCAA. [2]

Personally, good for him. Way to stand up for what he believes in. Never was impressed with him as a QB for us. Too bad it didn't pan out really. Appreciate him trying to lead a team that phoned it in.

But son of a beach.......what am I going to wate $60 on this summer???? Not NCAA 2015 thats for damn sure! Thanks alot Sam Keller!

• Fire 1

Half the time True, they werent even screen passes. They were just basic, fast quickdowns. Take the snap, RB flares, no one's out. Dump it off without even making a downfield read, and it's an easy 10 yards. Just the threat of using immediately like that opens up so much in the middle of the field. It's confusing to me why it's not used more often either.

The only thing I hate about Keller is the fact is was in on the end of NCAA Football series...

Yeah, I wonder how he got in on that. It's not like he'd go out and hire a lawyer to get in on that suit. He must have been connected to someone with a dog in that fight.

The only thing I hate about Keller is the fact is was in on the end of NCAA Football series...

NCAA Football was a broken game anyways. How many times did you throw to a receiver over the middle just for a LB with a 50 inch vertical to jump up and knock it down. The discontinuation of this game saves everybody money on a poorly made game.

• Fire 2
Half the time True, they werent even screen passes. They were just basic, fast quickdowns. Take the snap, RB flares, no one's out. Dump it off without even making a downfield read, and it's an easy 10 yards. Just the threat of using immediately like that opens up so much in the middle of the field. It's confusing to me why it's not used more often either.

Yea I agree, I'd say there was a good amount of both types of throws. As far as HB screen plays, even 1-2 a game would just be brilliant in our current offense. I really thought highly of Marlon Lucky and obviously the coaches did as well. They tried to utilize him in space often. Now Marlon, though a decent player, is no Ameer Abdullah. It just boggles my mind we don't do more things like we are discussing here with AA. Could you imagine being a LBer on the outside, open field, one on one versus Abdullah. I'd like to see us take advantage of that at least 5-10 times a game.

My issues with Sam Keller:

*snip*

But son of a beach.......what am I going to wate $60 on this summer???? Not NCAA 2015 thats for damn sure! Thanks alot Sam Keller!

Let's also be honest about the likely reality that he has virtually nothing to do with the lawsuit other than being a name to attach it to. A bunch of lawyers came up with a way to get paid and needed a public figurehead, which they found in Sam, who likely got a good deal of money out of it himself. Hard to fault a guy for that.

I'll bet you any amount of money it wasn't his idea, nor was he actively working towards this end. He was just a name that a money-hungry group found and paid to be the face of their suit.