Most under appreciated Husker....?

Taylor Martinez IMHO, been an avid fan 52 yrs have seen alot of unsung hero's go unappreciated. Taylor was the main cog in the wheel for 3 yrs, not counting 13. His mistakes and including playing injured, due to no back up that he couldn't out perform at 50% healthy.

He broke so many records and would have established marks so high had he had a healthy senior campaign, they may never have been broken. I sometime wonder how many of the fans that couldn't wait for Tommy Armstrong, were having a change of heart during the remainder of the season. Taylor was an amazing athlete that directed Nebraska out of the Callahan era. He didn't bring home the hardware as some we remember so fondly accomplished, however most of those revered had alot more talent surrounding them. He was a warrior elite, his legacy will always be unappreciated because some Husker fans look for greatness with hardware attached. Pity GBR

• Fire 2

I always thought Roy Helu was under appreciated while he was here. When he first arrived, he was in a logjam at running back until he finally made it clear that he was the best one, but then Rex arrived and immediately became a fan favorite, overshadowing Helu's talent. I was really happy for him when he had that monster game against Missouri so he finally got some recognition, because it seemed like he was always taking a humble backseat to someone else's spotlight, despite his tremendous talent.

• Fire 2