True Detective

Not gonna lie, the story in season 2 has me pretty confused so far. Most of the time I don't even know what they're talking about.

Yeah, it's hard to get a grip on all the politics in the plot. My theory about when Detective Velcoro (Colin Farell) ...

...got shot is that Frank (Vince Vaughn) was behind it. The use of crowd control ammo (bean bags?) to down the cop but not kill him seems to indicate the cops were behind it. But I suspect that's a red herring. I think Frank did it (or had it done) to create more interest in the investigation. And eventually discover who stole his money. After all, it was Frank who sent Velcoro to that house in the first place. Either that, or I guess if it wasn't a red herring then it actually was some other cops whole stole Frank's money. Just a couple theories. Should be interesting either way.

Gotta say, I think the Vince Vaughn gangster character, Frank, is the best character in this season. :thumbs:

• Fire 1

Not gonna lie, the story in season 2 has me pretty confused so far. Most of the time I don't even know what they're talking about.

Just finished season 1.

Have heard mixed reviews on season 2.....

Is it even worth watching?

Its only three episodes in, so nobody knows how its gonna end up

Just finished season 1.

At this point I'd say no. It's kinda awful.

Just finished season 1.

At this point I'd say no. It's kinda awful.

Opinions may vary. :lol:

Unfortunately with only 3 episodes left in this season I think I have lost all hope that this is going to go anywhere.

I will say that Farrell did a pretty good job acting so far. Vince Vaughn is still terrible.

I think part of the problem is that we know Vince Vaughn from all his other goofy, comedy roles. Wedding Crashers, The Breakup, Swingers, etc. It's hard to think of him as being tough and sinister after seeing him in some of those roles. Also he need to talk slower and more threatening-like to be a believable gangster. :lol:

Unfortunately with only 3 episodes left in this season I think I have lost all hope that this is going to go anywhere.

I will say that Farrell did a pretty good job acting so far. Vince Vaughn is still terrible.

I think part of the problem is that we know Vince Vaughn from all his other goofy, comedy roles. Wedding Crashers, The Breakup, Swingers, etc. It's hard to think of him as being tough and sinister after seeing him in some of those roles. Also he need to talk slower and more threatening-like to be a believable gangster. :lol:

It's probably all the things you mentioned and the fact that he is actually a terrible actor.