QB Sheriron Jones [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

We have quite a few QBs on the roster as it is at the moment. I mean, we have what, 5 of them on scholarship (TA, Fyfe, Stanton, Darlington and Bush). So, unless the new staff finds a QB that fits their mold for the presumably new offensive scheme they're going to install, there is no need to take a QB in this class for the sake of taking one.

lolz at you guys. I guess we will wait until we can find a 5 star QB that is half interested in us.

Why should stars alone be the reason we want a kid or not? We should take him just because he's a 4*?

1. I'm not basing my reasoning for wanting him off of stars. I watched him play last night for a bit and loved his ability and cannon for an arm.

2. A lot of posters on this board complain about not getting stars, he is 4 stars and now people are not wanting him. (I realize that not all posters are complaining about recruiting rankings)

3. Good chance a QB leaves the program in the next year.

4. He does need work as someone stated, but apparently Langsdorf and Riley actually know how to coach QB's. So why not take an awesome athlete that has some decent QB skills?

5. If it comes down to not taking a player versus taking a 4* QB that I think can be good, I'd take Jones 365 days a year.

1. Which part did you watch? Just curious, I have it taped and will go back and watch it a second time.

2. Promise you will see me on the "could care less about stars" train if you go back through some of those discussions.

3.Good chance in the next year? Ok we have 5 Scholly Qb's on the roster, if one leaves during the 2015 year bring in 1-2 in 2016 class and you'll have 5-6 Scholly qb's for next year.

4.We have 3/4 "awesome athletes" that need coaching already. Is there a need for another?

5. You say stars don't matter then you justify taking "a 4*" over no one. That's not how it'd work, they wouldn't just leave a Scholly position open. I would take a player that the coaches thinks fits our program at a position of need rather then "taking a 4* QB" because he's interested.

Now if the coaches think he's a kid that they would want in the program and they can coach him up, great I'll be one of the first ones posting welcome! They know 100x's more them me.

Just curious: Can you honestly say he looked even close to Burrow last night?

1. Which part did you watch? Just curious, I have it taped and will go back and watch it a second time.

2. Promise you will see me on the "could care less about stars" train if you go back through some of those discussions.

3.Good chance in the next year? Ok we have 5 Scholly Qb's on the roster, if one leaves during the 2015 year bring in 1-2 in 2016 class and you'll have 5-6 Scholly qb's for next year.

4.We have 3/4 "awesome athletes" that need coaching already. Is there a need for another?

5. You say stars don't matter then you justify taking "a 4*" over no one. That's not how it'd work, they wouldn't just leave a Scholly position open. I would take a player that the coaches thinks fits our program at a position of need rather then "taking a 4* QB" because he's interested.

Now if the coaches think he's a kid that they would want in the program and they can coach him up, great I'll be one of the first ones posting welcome! They know 100x's more them me.

Just curious: Can you honestly say he looked even close to Burrow last night?

1. I watched the only drive that his team scored on, 3rd quarter I believe it was. I watched a couple of his other drives as well. All in 2nd half.

2. I believe you, I wasn't really directing my comment at you even if it seems I was.

3. So if 1 transfers, 2 graduate in 2016...we would have 4 on scholarship in 2017

4. I guess that depends if you think Bush, Darlington, Stanton are all better talents than Jones.

5. It was a poor way of justifying, I restate that I am claiming he IS a GOOD Talent, not just a 4* talent. I'm fine if we don't take a QB in this class, but to say it's because Jones isn't any good is the point I would argue. If we don't take a QB, it should probably be because of your point that we have 5 on scholly already, not because Jones stinks.

I only saw 1 Burrow possesion, it wasn't good. Not sure I can comment on your question. Burrow apparently has absolutely no interest in us, so it doesn't really matter right?

1. I'll go back and rewatch, maybe he did some things I missed.

3. If we don't take a guy this class, I would almost promise you that we will take 2 in 2016 class which should have more open spots. Take one pure QB guy (Darlington) and 1 athlete/QB (Bush) type of guy.

4. I think Armstrong, Stanton and Bush are all great athletes that need polished as QB's. Not sure with Darlington because we haven't really seen him since that game he was hurt in HS.

5. Get what you are saying, and you could be right. Unfortunately we don't get to truly evaluate him as all we have to watch are All-Star games (which as has been stated can be rough on QB's), and highlight tapes which literally only focus on their best plays.

Burrow: Watch the first half sometime if you get a chance, was the best QB on the field last night. Maybe he isn't interested really now, but 6 months ago he was wishing/dreaming of an offer. I know he is "fully committed" to OSU and I expect him to be there, but crazier things have happened in the last month before signing day. I think it tells a lot that Riley and staff reached out to Burrow and not Jones, might tell you who they prefer.

3. If we don't take a guy this class, I would almost promise you that we will take 2 in 2016 class which should have more open spots. Take one pure QB guy (Darlington) and 1 athlete/QB (Bush) type of guy.

4. I think Armstrong, Stanton and Bush are all great athletes that need polished as QB's. Not sure with Darlington because we haven't really seen him since that game he was hurt in HS.

5. Get what you are saying, and you could be right. Unfortunately we don't get to truly evaluate him as all we have to watch are All-Star games (which as has been stated can be rough on QB's), and highlight tapes which literally only focus on their best plays.

Burrow: Watch the first half sometime if you get a chance, was the best QB on the field last night. Maybe he isn't interested really now, but 6 months ago he was wishing/dreaming of an offer. I know he is "fully committed" to OSU and I expect him to be there, but crazier things have happened in the last month before signing day. I think it tells a lot that Riley and staff reached out to Burrow and not Jones, might tell you who they prefer.

I didn't tape it unfortunately so it will be difficult to go back and watch.

I'm not doubting Burrow, I'd love to have him or Jones. I just don't see it happening, even though it SHOULD. Why would you want to go to OSU with the # of QB's they have ahead of him... Arguably at Nebraska you could come in from day 1 and command the team. Seriously.

I didn't tape it unfortunately so it will be difficult to go back and watch.

I'm not doubting Burrow, I'd love to have him or Jones. I just don't see it happening, even though it SHOULD. Why would you want to go to OSU with the # of QB's they have ahead of him... Arguably at Nebraska you could come in from day 1 and command the team. Seriously.

While I get what you are saying there are some factors that are positive for OSU.

-He's from Ohio. 2 time state POY.

-Urban gave him his chance early, didn't play the waiting game like us.

-They run one of the top 3-5 spread offenses in College Football.

-Urban knows how good he is and there have already been talks that their other highly rated QB commit might switch to WR.

-Urban > Riley....I love the Riley hire and am excited to see what he does with our resources, but Urban might be the best HC in the country, neck and neck with Saban.

Tennessee is going to have 30 plus kids in this class. How does a school have 31 last year and 30 plus this year. That is over 60 of your 85 schollies in 2 classes. Did they cut all the fat from the program with the upperclassmen and tell them to take a hike or what. That seems like a ridiculous number. Doesnt seem to uncommon in the SEC though. Our classes reach about low 20' sometimes mid. I know Bo's first year he brought in quite a bit but how do you do that back to back years.