QB Sheriron Jones [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

Last 4 recruiting classes they've signed 102. They will have 7 graduating this year, 53 returning and 38 are no longer with the program. Giving Tennessee the benefit of the doubt and saying a few of those left early to the NFL (I think it was really only 1 or 2) 35% of those that sign with Tennessee don't make it through the program.

Based on numbers this year 53 returning - 28 signed, they need to get rid of 6 to make it under the limit.

Edit: I understand that a lot signees also don't make it at Nebraska, but we also aren't signing recruiting classes of 25-30.

How crazy would it be if they pulled their offer to Bussey to get under 25???

So crazy that it would never happen.

Outside of punter & snapper, Bussey is one of their lowest rated recruits and only one of the recruits lower than him, is not from Tennessee (which, factors in because some states try and keep healthy relationships with their schools, shocker.) Not to say I think Bussey will get cut or anything, but there are some shenanigans happening in that place when you have 100+ recruits in 4 years and I'd be worrisome of why so many people do not completely finish the program, coupled with the extreme RB depth..

Even if Bussey were "let go", he doesn't come to N to anyway.

Also, Sheriron Jones is pretty much akin to AJ Bush. Needs a lot of work, but has all the tools and athleticism and a CANNNNNOOOOON for an arm. Good get for Tennessee. Bummed we didn't pick up his recruiting again.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...