Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Well, there are only 5 games left tomorrow. The only game that might affect us is the B10 title, Michigan State winning that would probably make us look slightly better.

They will already have the bracket done by the time the BIG Ten Championship game is played. (They may have a team to swap in for the #1 / #2 depending if Michigan wins or loses but the result won't impact us one way or another) That is the negative of being the last game right before selection announced.

A tidbit from ESPN-

Nebraska [19-12 (11-7), RPI: 45, SOS: 19] By our admittedly dim lights, the Cornhuskers entered the day with a little space between themselves and the cut line -- one of the last four byes, maybe higher. After the loss? It's hard to say. Resume-wise, Nebraska has a solid-enough RPI (41) and an even better overall schedule (26), plus an 11-7 record in the Big Ten, which may count for something. The committee should see a good, hot team that knocked off Wisconsin five days ago, that outplayed Ohio State for much of Friday's game, that won at Michigan State in mid-February, and that finished the Big Ten season 8-2 in the final 10 games. But if the committee pays as much attention to the loss at Illinois, or the neutral-court loss to UAB -- and if it doesn't like the sight of a good team crumbling under the postseason glare -- maybe Nebraska's case won't be cut and dry. We think the Cornhuskers will get in, but we're not positive about it.

Few other positive looking tweets. Not to mention CBS going to do a live cut-in shots of PBA on the selection show. It is really just if we are play-in or main draw right away.

Mike Babcock ‏@MDBabs 1h

ESPN NCAA tourney-promo clip includes brief images of Tim Miles pointing & Tear'a Laudermill celebrating, #huskers, #respect

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut 54m

Lock it up! RT @MDBabs: ESPN NCAA tourney-promo clip includes brief images of Tim Miles pointing & Tear'a Laudermill celebrating.

----

Mike Babcock ‏@MDBabs 1h

ESPN NCAA tourney-promo clip includes brief images of Tim Miles pointing & Tear'a Laudermill celebrating, #huskers, #respect

Michael Bruntz ‏@michaelbruntz 1h

@MDBabs Pointing means they’re in, right?

Mike Babcock ‏@MDBabs 1h

@michaelbruntz ESPN would know, I'm pretty sure. #insidertrading

Looking online they have us as a play in team. As luck has it I live in Dayton. Any idea if we would be the early or late game? Also would we play on Tuesday or Wednesday? I can't go on Tuesday early because of prior obligations, but I would be there on Wednesday if they play then or if they play late Tuesday. Thanks.

The fact that the Husker basketball offices have not sent out preliminary (just in case) ticket applications for NIT games at the Vault tells me that they are pretty confident we are IN........

Oh I hope so. I briefly read Providence11/Nebraska11 "bracketology" seeds. I assume extra game against Providence and Huskers............ Right?

ADDEM: Now Xavier instead of Providence

A tidbit from ESPN-

Nebraska [19-12 (11-7), RPI: 45, SOS: 19] By our admittedly dim lights, the Cornhuskers entered the day with a little space between themselves and the cut line -- one of the last four byes, maybe higher. After the loss? It's hard to say. Resume-wise, Nebraska has a solid-enough RPI (41) and an even better overall schedule (26), plus an 11-7 record in the Big Ten, which may count for something. The committee should see a good, hot team that knocked off Wisconsin five days ago, that outplayed Ohio State for much of Friday's game, that won at Michigan State in mid-February, and that finished the Big Ten season 8-2 in the final 10 games. But if the committee pays as much attention to the loss at Illinois, or the neutral-court loss to UAB -- and if it doesn't like the sight of a good team crumbling under the postseason glare -- maybe Nebraska's case won't be cut and dry. We think the Cornhuskers will get in, but we're not positive about it.

I think the last part is what we don't realize as much. It almost seems that they look at the losses more than the wins. We have a couple bad losses and our road record is not very good. We're right on the edge, imo.