Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Ahhhhhh lunardi has us the the highest team in the last 4 IN. Might need some help

Yep; and if that is as of this moment, Dayton lost today so they wont jump, BYU is done until NCAA or wherever they might go, Providence plays Seton hall tonight, so they could move up, Xavier is now ahead of us but plays Creighton tonight. Minn plays Wisconsin tonight, So Miss play LaTech tonight, Fla State got beat by Virg today, St Joseph moved ahead of us by virtue of their win today vs Dayton. Tenn plays Fla tomorrow.

Wayyyy tooooo much to think about right now! F-it, we get in then so be it, we don't, we will do what we can wherever we land! Nothing else we can do!

• Fire 1

There will be a watch party at The Vault on Sunday. Doors open at 4.

Lincoln – The Nebraska men’s basketball team will host an NCAA selection show watch party Sunday afternoon at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

The event will be free and open to the public, as Husker fans are invited to watch Sunday's NCAA Selection Show. Select Pinnacle Bank Arena concession stands will be open for the Sunday’s event, as the arena doors will open at 4 p.m. and the program will begin at 4:30 p.m. The NCAA Selection Show begins at 5 p.m. on CBS.

Behind Big Ten Coach of the Year Tim Miles, the Huskers finished the regular season with a 19-12 record following a 71-67 loss to No. 24 Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. The Huskers, who are looking for their first NCAA bid since 1998, enter the postseason winners of 10 of their last 13 contests.

Wha...

I don't understand you guys. We have roughly a 96% certainty of being selected Sunday and the consensus amongst everyone all week was "the only possible way we don't make it is if we lose to Purdue" now all the sudden there's all this uncertainty about whether or not we'll be in.

Relax a little.

The Virginia tech syndrome is why I have a hard time relaxing. We are an unproven team that might not get selected because of our lack of history. Blowing a 18 point lead is still fresh in the committees mind.

While it would be fun for Nebraska to make the NCAA, it might benefit them more to be a top seed in the NIT.

They get home games until the semis in madison square garden and more experience for a young team that

returns all but one senior.

While it would be fun for Nebraska to make the NCAA, it might benefit them more to be a top seed in the NIT.

They get home games until the semis in madison square garden and more experience for a young team that

Who gives a crap about next year? I want this year.

Who gives a crap about next year? I want this year.

Exactly. What's wrong with making the tournament this year and next year?

if we don't make the ncaa tourny....the NIT will be fun and the vault will be rocking. am not going to worry about if we are in the ncaa or nit. we will have fun in either of them. the team has opened a lot of eyes this year and next season they will get some more pressure on them so lets just enjoy whatever this season brings.

I've changed my thought about this. When we first started getting bubble talk I thought I wouldn't mind going to the NIT but now I want the tourney. This team has done to much for nebrasketball standards to not make the tourney. It will help with recruiting and confidence. I think this team could make the sweet 16 so let's hope for the best tomorrow!

All the major bracketologists have us in, the biggest question is just whether we will be in the First 4 or straight through to the main draw.

We do want these three teams to lose as they are the only automatic bid-stealers left that would move us down.

N.C. State (ACC)

Georgia (SEC) -- We need them to lose more than helping our RPI.

St. Bonaventure (A-10)

Providence (Big East) -- Can get the auto bid with a win over Creighton, they are probably still in with a loss, but could be a First 4 candidate before/same level as Nebraska

• Fire 1

There will be a watch party at The Vault on Sunday. Doors open at 4.

Lincoln – The Nebraska men’s basketball team will host an NCAA selection show watch party Sunday afternoon at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

The event will be free and open to the public, as Husker fans are invited to watch Sunday's NCAA Selection Show. Select Pinnacle Bank Arena concession stands will be open for the Sunday’s event, as the arena doors will open at 4 p.m. and the program will begin at 4:30 p.m. The NCAA Selection Show begins at 5 p.m. on CBS.

Behind Big Ten Coach of the Year Tim Miles, the Huskers finished the regular season with a 19-12 record following a 71-67 loss to No. 24 Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. The Huskers, who are looking for their first NCAA bid since 1998, enter the postseason winners of 10 of their last 13 contests.

A little premature, imho.

I don't have a good feeling about us getting in.