Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

I get the impression that many writers think that we're going to get rolled in Indy (and we could...you never know), because we aren't playing at home. I was thinking about that and suddenly realized that we've actually won 3 of our last 4 road games. At this point in the year, we may not be as bad of a road team as they think we are.

I get the impression that many writers think that we're going to get rolled in Indy (and we could...you never know), because we aren't playing at home. I was thinking about that and suddenly realized that we've actually won 3 of our last 4 road games. At this point in the year, we may not be as bad of a road team as they think we are.

I've had similar fears until recently - wondering if the win at Michigan State was an extreme outlier. I feel better now that we not only won at Indy but had a lead, let them come back, then finished strong to put away the win.

But there is no team ahead of us in the RPI that has a worse road record. Only 3 of the RPI Top 80 have a worse record than us currently so it's a legitimate concern. But it's also obvious that this team has come a long way in the last couple months so hopefully we continue to improve on that record.

I am still confused on why we Iowa has sucked a$$ the last month, has a worse conference record and overall record, yet is projected as an 8 seed and we are projected 11 ??? WTF

If we lose in the tourney and don't get in, it would be a total travesty. Year after year the committee looks at how teams are playing during the last month more than the overall record. Even with a loss, we are on a roll.

I am a little pissed that these so-called experts are not saying we are a lock.

HNAC. Look at my link. We are projected anywhere from 9-12 with an avg of 10.68. We are listed in all 100 brackets, not the play in games but the dance. Only way we do not, lose to purdue and other bubble teams do some damage in there tourney. We should have a good idea bye Friday.

Btw Lunardi an idiot. He ranks around 20th out of 50 over the last 3-4 years.

I am still confused on why we Iowa has sucked a$$ the last month, has a worse conference record and overall record, yet is projected as an 8 seed and we are projected 11 ??? WTF

If we lose in the tourney and don't get in, it would be a total travesty. Year after year the committee looks at how teams are playing during the last month more than the overall record. Even with a loss, we are on a roll.

I am a little pissed that these so-called experts are not saying we are a lock.

They do have a better body of work. They have no losses against teams out of RPI top 100. It will all depend how they do tomorrow to depend if they slide more or not.

I've had similar fears until recently - wondering if the win at Michigan State was an extreme outlier. I feel better now that we not only won at Indy but had a lead, let them come back, then finished strong to put away the win.

But there is no team ahead of us in the RPI that has a worse road record. Only 3 of the RPI Top 80 have a worse record than us currently so it's a legitimate concern. But it's also obvious that this team has come a long way in the last couple months so hopefully we continue to improve on that record.

The only reason I'm a little scared about Friday is because we lost to 31 to Ohio State on the road. Yes it isn't a road game but I think there will be more fans rooting for the Buckeyes than us. Hope I'm wrong though.

The only reason I'm a little scared about Friday is because we lost to 31 to Ohio State on the road. Yes it isn't a road game but I think there will be more fans rooting for the Buckeyes than us. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think a lot of B1G fans will be cheering for us. Reading comments on various sites it seems a lot of fans really like Miles and what we have been doing.

I'm a little confused on who to root for today. We have a better chance of beating Purdue tomorrow, but it sounds like a loss to them would be the only we could be out of the NCAA tourney. So should I pull for OSU so that opportunity never happens? Am I worrying too much since we will beat either one tomorrow anyway?

This was before we started to play defense.

Root for OSU. You always want to play and beat the best.

agreed!

no.......PURDUE !

Wishfull thinking ..... (chicken trait path - me)

Quarterfinal: NU vs. Purdue....Huskers win

Semifinal: NU vs. Illinois (Indy & Michigan upsets) ......Huskers win

Championship: NU vs. NW (Iowa, Spartans & Wisky upsets) .... Huskers win

Probably 1000:1 odds or more.

Screen_Shot_2014-03-10_at_8.18.06_PM_medium.png

UPDATE: So far so good ........ Illinois beats Indiana. Now 999:1 odds :P !