Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Whoever we get, I'm picking us for the upset victory. Tim Miles is about to become the most successful coach in the program's history.

If we get the first round bye, he already will be! He wouldn't even have to coach a game.

I'm not an expert on NCAA basketball so maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't make any sense to me. The tourney changed to 68 teams a couple years ago. That's the only reason that there are byes. As I understand it, 64 teams get them. Or are you talking about his record or something?

Whoever we get, I'm picking us for the upset victory. Tim Miles is about to become the most successful coach in the program's history.

If we get the first round bye, he already will be! He wouldn't even have to coach a game.

I'm not an expert on NCAA basketball so maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't make any sense to me. The tourney changed to 68 teams a couple years ago. That's the only reason that there are byes. As I understand it, 64 teams get them. Or are you talking about his record or something?

I think that statement is off too. The "second round" isn't the second round anymore. We've been in the field of 64 before, making the field of 32 will have Miles above all else.

Plus a win the tourney can improve our seating. Can you believe we are talking about seating in Mens basketball? How sweet it is!

Is that the reason why everyone was standing up at the game? Because the seating needed to be improved? It's a brand new arena for gosh sakes.

• Fire 3

Nebraska got 8 votes to be in the top 25. Been a long time since I have seen that.

• Others receiving votes: Gonzaga 82, Stephen F. Austin 56, Oregon 39, Texas 31, Harvard 27, Kentucky 19, Baylor 18, UCLA 14, Nebraska 8, Iowa 4, Tennessee 2, North Carolina Central 1, George Washington 1

• Dropped from rankings: Iowa 24, Kentucky 25,

http://espn.go.com/m...ear/2014/poll/1

ESPN Bubble Watch:

Nebraska [19-11 (11-7), RPI: 35, SOS: 26] Nebraska is hardly a lock after Sunday's win over Wisconsin, though you can forgive the Cornhuskers for celebrating like it. On Sunday, a sold-out crowd of nearly 16,000 at Nebraska's brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena obeyed Tim Miles' request to stand the entire 40 minutes against Wisconsin -- "No-Sit Sunday," it was called -- and the result was a 77-68 win over a Badgers team that had a shot at a No. 1 seed coming in. Program-wise, that's a win fans will never forget. Bubble-wise, it's the culmination of a hard-charging effort that has Nebraska on the cusp of its first NCAA tournament since 1998. We didn't have this team on our radar at all until Feb. 16's win at Michigan State. Now its profile looks better than many others on the bubble. What a season.

ESPN Bubble Watch:

Nebraska [19-11 (11-7), RPI: 35, SOS: 26] Nebraska is hardly a lock after Sunday's win over Wisconsin, though you can forgive the Cornhuskers for celebrating like it. On Sunday, a sold-out crowd of nearly 16,000 at Nebraska's brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena obeyed Tim Miles' request to stand the entire 40 minutes against Wisconsin -- "No-Sit Sunday," it was called -- and the result was a 77-68 win over a Badgers team that had a shot at a No. 1 seed coming in. Program-wise, that's a win fans will never forget. Bubble-wise, it's the culmination of a hard-charging effort that has Nebraska on the cusp of its first NCAA tournament since 1998. We didn't have this team on our radar at all until Feb. 16's win at Michigan State. Now its profile looks better than many others on the bubble. What a season.

Hardly a lock? Psh. We can definitely lose against Ohio State and still make it.

Hardly a lock? Psh. We can definitely lose against Ohio State and still make it.

I was a little surprised about that too. Assuming we play Ohio State, even a loss against a Top 30 program wouldn't hurt that much. I supposed if we lost to Purdue we'd be right back on the bubble. :dunno

BTW Lunardi has us as one of the last 4 teams with a bye. SO for now, no play in game

Lunardi uses BPI ratings for his brackets and the NCAA committee uses RPI. For example:

Iowa - BPI 20 & RPI 40s & Nebraska BPI 59 & RPI 35 This is why the NCAA does not use his BPI ratings.

Just updated Bracketology: (guestimates)

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

6 seed UCLA

vs.

11 seed Nebraska

This is based on BPI, not RPI.

Are you sure about this or are you just seeing the BPI along side his Bracketoloty? Every time I see him actually talking about the field, he's always using RPI.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10561246