Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Nebraska got 8 votes to be in the top 25. Been a long time since I have seen that.

• Others receiving votes: Gonzaga 82, Stephen F. Austin 56, Oregon 39, Texas 31, Harvard 27, Kentucky 19, Baylor 18, UCLA 14, Nebraska 8, Iowa 4, Tennessee 2, North Carolina Central 1, George Washington 1

• Dropped from rankings: Iowa 24, Kentucky 25,

http://espn.go.com/m...ear/2014/poll/1

Long way to reach Top 25 ratings but Huskers received 5 votes. Better than nothing.

BTW Lunardi has us as one of the last 4 teams with a bye. SO for now, no play in game

Lunardi uses BPI ratings for his brackets and the NCAA committee uses RPI. For example:

Iowa - BPI 20 & RPI 40s & Nebraska BPI 59 & RPI 35 This is why the NCAA does not use his BPI ratings.

Just updated Bracketology: (guestimates)

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

6 seed UCLA

vs.

11 seed Nebraska

This is based on BPI, not RPI.

Are you sure about this or are you just seeing the BPI along side his Bracketoloty? Every time I see him actually talking about the field, he's always using RPI.

http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=10561246 <-- This link here

WTF At 3:00 in that video? Whaaaaaaaaat? 17-12 whaaaaaaaaaat?

The article says that BPI was developed by ESPN analysts and if you look at Lunardi's Bracketology, it has a tab for BPI not RPI.

Call it an educated guess!

I've looked through several of his articles and watched several videos and I've never seen him talk about BPI. In one chant, someone asked a question about RPI/BPI and he only talked about RPI. As I said, my guess is he has the BPI there because that's what ESPN tells him to do but I think he actually bases his predictions on RPI because that's what the committee uses.

WTF At 3:00 in that video? Whaaaaaaaaat?

You did see that video is several days old, right?

But, as he goes on to say, it seems like our road record has been holding us back. But with a good road win at Indiana and a big win yesterday, our resume is looking better all the time.

Mav, I skipped through all of it until I seen them talking about Nebraska and they must have been making "Assumptions" because we don't have no 12 losses! LOL

ESPN Bubble Watch:

Nebraska [19-11 (11-7), RPI: 35, SOS: 26] Nebraska is hardly a lock after Sunday's win over Wisconsin, though you can forgive the Cornhuskers for celebrating like it. On Sunday, a sold-out crowd of nearly 16,000 at Nebraska's brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena obeyed Tim Miles' request to stand the entire 40 minutes against Wisconsin -- "No-Sit Sunday," it was called -- and the result was a 77-68 win over a Badgers team that had a shot at a No. 1 seed coming in. Program-wise, that's a win fans will never forget. Bubble-wise, it's the culmination of a hard-charging effort that has Nebraska on the cusp of its first NCAA tournament since 1998. We didn't have this team on our radar at all until Feb. 16's win at Michigan State. Now its profile looks better than many others on the bubble. What a season.

Hardly a lock? Psh. We can definitely lose against Ohio State and still make it.

Well at least NIT little dance invite plus first or more rounds played in PBA.

ESPN Bubble Watch:

Nebraska [19-11 (11-7), RPI: 35, SOS: 26] Nebraska is hardly a lock after Sunday's win over Wisconsin, though you can forgive the Cornhuskers for celebrating like it. On Sunday, a sold-out crowd of nearly 16,000 at Nebraska's brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena obeyed Tim Miles' request to stand the entire 40 minutes against Wisconsin -- "No-Sit Sunday," it was called -- and the result was a 77-68 win over a Badgers team that had a shot at a No. 1 seed coming in. Program-wise, that's a win fans will never forget. Bubble-wise, it's the culmination of a hard-charging effort that has Nebraska on the cusp of its first NCAA tournament since 1998. We didn't have this team on our radar at all until Feb. 16's win at Michigan State. Now its profile looks better than many others on the bubble. What a season.

Hardly a lock? Psh. We can definitely lose against Ohio State and still make it.

ESPN should fire him and hire me!

Anyway in odds maker Nebraska has a 17% chance of making it to the sweet 16

ESPN Bubble Watch:

ESPN should fire him and hire me!

Anyway in odds maker Nebraska has a 17% chance of making it to the sweet 16

I'll take it! After we win the Big Ten Tournament, it will go up!

The article says that BPI was developed by ESPN analysts and if you look at Lunardi's Bracketology, it has a tab for BPI not RPI.

Call it an educated guess!

I've looked through several of his articles and watched several videos and I've never seen him talk about BPI. In one chant, someone asked a question about RPI/BPI and he only talked about RPI. As I said, my guess is he has the BPI there because that's what ESPN tells him to do but I think he actually bases his predictions on RPI because that's what the committee uses.

In this article he said the BPI was a better determination, but the committee uses RPI. So who knows what he actually.