Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Why do so many people, not just on here, think getting the five seed would be better ??? This team in this conference on a neutral floor is not guaranteed to win. Plus, beating the 12 seed in no way is a quality win that would replace any of the real bad losses in the eyes of the committee

Why do so many people, not just on here, think getting the five seed would be better ??? This team in this conference on a neutral floor is not guaranteed to win. Plus, beating the 12 seed in no way is a quality win that would replace any of the real bad losses in the eyes of the committee

I basically look at two things:

- If we would win a Thursday game - which I agree is not guarantee - we get closer to 20 wins which doesn't help in the computers but looks better to the committee.

- We usually don't play as well on the road but I think it might help to play an "easier" game to get used to the atmosphere and get in the flow of things than being on the other side of that coin on Friday.

Today's Bubble Tracker

What happened:

Xavier loses - falling down the board

LSU wins - trying to get on the bubble

Louisiana Tech wins - Next Four Out

Southern Miss wins - had been falling down the board

Michigan State beats Iowa - probably the better option in this game

Richmond loses - should be out now

Florida Gulf Coast wins - Husker opponent

Cincinnati wins - Husker opponent

Penn State beats Northwestern - kind of a toss up but Penn State could climb into the Top 100 which makes the Huskers look better

UAB loses by 2 - Husker's "worst" loss

South Carolina State loses - Husker opponent

Arkansas State wins - Husker opponent

Good Night for the Huskers, can't wait until tomorrow to check new RPI.

Villanova - Xavier

Cincinnati - Memphis

Mich. St. - Iowa

FGC - East Tenn St.

Win againt Wisconsin and we are the #4 seed. How sweet it is!

agreed,but that ain't gonna be an easy win. I'm not counting that chicken till Monday morning.

- If we would win a Thursday game - which I agree is not guarantee - we get closer to 20 wins which doesn't help in the computers but looks better to the committee.

- We usually don't play as well on the road but I think it might help to play an "easier" game to get used to the atmosphere and get in the flow of things than being on the other side of that coin on Friday.

No. Sorry bro.

Point one, that win does crap for the committee. Teams with 20 wins have been passed over year after year.

Point two, the lack of depth could make that second game an ugly loss

Finishing 4th in the league looks way better than a garbage win against the 12, seed

No. Sorry bro.

Point one, that win does crap for the committee. Teams with 20 wins have been passed over year after year.

Point two, the lack of depth could make that second game an ugly loss

Finishing 4th in the league looks way better than a garbage win against the 12, seed

I'm not hoping for a lower seed, but I don't think it would be all that bad either. 20 win teams often get passed over. 20 wins from the best or second best conference not so much. Although it's really a moot point because we'll have another very good win on the resume by then as well so we'd be good anyway.

If we're that worried about beating the 11 or 12 seed or playing back to back days, we probably aren't going that far in anything.

Dummy here. Please explain "committee" selection, in particular, bubble thing. Hand-picked humans? Computer formulas? Sportscasters groups? Polls? I admit ignorant for bracket seeds. Myself, worst than BCS ..... more controversy.

It is a group of ADs and conference commissioners. Interestingly Creighton's AD is on the committee.

Heres the rest:

Joe Alleva, director of athletics, Louisiana State University;

Scott Barnes, director of athletics, Utah State University;

Doug Fullerton, commissioner, Big Sky Conference;

Mark Hollis, director of athletics, Michigan State University;

Judy MacLeod, executive associate commissioner, Conference USA;

Ron Wellman, director of athletics, Wake Forest University;

Jamie Zaninovich, commissioner, West Coast Conference.

Dummy here. Please explain "committee" selection, in particular, bubble thing. Hand-picked humans? Computer formulas? Sportscasters groups? Polls? I admit ignorant for bracket seeds. Myself, worst than BCS ..... more controversy.

It is a group of ADs and conference commissioners. Interestingly Creighton's AD is on the committee.

Heres the rest:

Good or bad ??? I know Huskers vs. Blue Jays are bitter rivals. Baseball too.

Heres the rest:

Good or bad ??? I know Huskers vs. Blue Jays are bitter rivals. Baseball too.

I don't think he will purposely hurt Nebraska's chances in any way. Our teams may be rivals, but the Athletic Departments of CU and NU seem to have plenty of mutual respect. Osborne used to even be a consultant for Creighton giving them advice quite often.

Just thought it was interesting.