Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Don't want to be Mr. Negative, but a serious question........Don't we have to beat Wiscy to "stay" in the dance, which is why people are saying "beat Wiscy and we are in"..... yes, if we beat the Badgers, I think we are in regardless of how the tourney plays out.

If we lose to Wiscy and then happen to drop 1st game in tourney (which is possible....we have lost to a handful of the teams we may play), then I think we would be back OUT..... meaning, Wiscy is probably a must win for us to be IN.

Yes or No

I think a win vs Wisconsin means its a lock. Right now it looks like kind of a swing either way

I agree, I think a win against Wisky all but ensures a tournament bid. If trey lose I think they need to win 2 in the big 10 tournament to get consideration.

Might need just one in the B1G tourney but 2 would be a lock I think

Don't want to be Mr. Negative, but a serious question........Don't we have to beat Wiscy to "stay" in the dance, which is why people are saying "beat Wiscy and we are in"..... yes, if we beat the Badgers, I think we are in regardless of how the tourney plays out.

If we lose to Wiscy and then happen to drop 1st game in tourney (which is possible....we have lost to a handful of the teams we may play), then I think we would be back OUT..... meaning, Wiscy is probably a must win for us to be IN.

Yes or No

I think a win vs Wisconsin means its a lock. Right now it looks like kind of a swing either way

I agree, I think a win against Wisky all but ensures a tournament bid. If trey lose I think they need to win 2 in the big 10 tournament to get consideration.

I agree....that was kind of my point and question. Beat Wiscy...probable "lock", but a loss puts us behind the 8-ball again with a must-win in the tourney (maybe 2 wins) and we all know how difficult getting 1 win will be , let alone 2.

Let's just beat WISCY and make a run deep into tourney and move to a 9 seed.

Hell, if we hit lay up and tip in vs Mich and don't lay an egg at Penn State, we would be in top 3 and locked already. This team can play when on all cylinders.

If we win I would say there is an 80% chance of us getting in. The only way I see us not with a win against wisky would be a blow out in quarters of big 10 tourney.

But looking at Lunardi's bracket.. It looks favorable for us.. Would for sure be the easiest region of the bracket

CBS had us as a #12 play in against Providence with the winner facing North Carolina. I think I like CBS better

---

I'm sure it will change a bunch between now and then, but if Lunardi was correct as of today, that would mean we would play Dayton in the Play-in game as the 2 last teams in - In Dayton (As that is where the First Four is held). That would be a true default road game.

That has us playing Arkansas?

Yes or No

I agree....that was kind of my point and question. Beat Wiscy...probable "lock", but a loss puts us behind the 8-ball again with a must-win in the tourney (maybe 2 wins) and we all know how difficult getting 1 win will be , let alone 2.

Let's just beat WISCY and make a run deep into tourney and move to a 9 seed.

Hell, if we hit lay up and tip in vs Mich and don't lay an egg at Penn State, we would be in top 3 and locked already. This team can play when on all cylinders.

Back when we had 16 wins Lunardi said we would need 19 for good consideration and 20 to get it. I don't see why we couldn't do either.

Because Dayton won they bumped us.. Lunardi says we are the first team out.. Need a must win Sunday

It figures. I hate spiders.

You're thinking of Richmond

D'oh!

I've even been to Dayton before. Thanks for the correction.

GSG's Useless Fact of the Day:

The Flyer Name: The name is a reference and homage to Daytonians Orville and Wilbur Wright who pioneered heavier than air flight. Orville and Wilbur Wright designed the Wright Flyer I and fabricated many of its components, including the propellers and engine, at their bicycle shop in Dayton. The Wright Flyer I was the first powered aircraft to achieve sustained, controlled flight.

• Fire 1

CBS had us as a #12 play in against Providence with the winner facing North Carolina. I think I like CBS better

I don't. And I don't pretend to know what Providence has done this year, but Nebraska always seems to have problems with eastern schools. Granted, this isn't the same team or the same mindset. But I'd rather play Arkansas if given the option.

GSG's Useless Fact of the Day:

The Flyer Name: The name is a reference and homage to Daytonians Orville and Wilbur Wright who pioneered heavier than air flight. Orville and Wilbur Wright designed the Wright Flyer I and fabricated many of its components, including the propellers and engine, at their bicycle shop in Dayton. The Wright Flyer I was the first powered aircraft to achieve sustained, controlled flight.

I knew this. I saw their museum when I was in Dayton. And I still thought their team was the Spiders. Granted, that was 16 years ago when I was there, but still... :facepalm:

I don't. And I don't pretend to know what Providence has done this year, but Nebraska always seems to have problems with eastern schools. Granted, this isn't the same team or the same mindset. But I'd rather play Arkansas if given the option.

I was referring more to the post showing the bracket of the huskers potentially playing Texas and Creighton. I don't want to play Texas in anything and I can't imagine how insufferable Creighton fans would be win or lose.

---

I'm sure it will change a bunch between now and then, but if Lunardi was correct as of today, that would mean we would play Dayton in the Play-in game as the 2 last teams in - In Dayton (As that is where the First Four is held). That would be a true default road game.

That has us playing Arkansas?

The First Four actually is "seeded" a bit different -- the first two teams play each other and the last two teams play each other. So the last 4 as Lunardi has it is:

So it would be Ark / Tenn and then Dayton / Neb. This is in case they need to be in different seed lines (One is a play in game for the 11 seed and the other for a 12 seed for example). This way it keeps it more even for the them as well as the next round opponent. The two better teams have the shot at the 11 / the worst two the 12.