Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

If that was from Twitter, I wonder if someone doctored that for fun, as the Lunardi updated bracket here shows all those same teams except has North Dakota St in that spot.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

I think it is too big of coincidence that the North and St part is the same. However, you never know, but the ESPN current bubble ticker still shows them out so not likely in my opinion.

EDIT: I did some further looking on Twitter and numerous tweets did confirm that his bracket did have a typo and that it is in fact ND State and the Wolfpack are still out. Here's one of then from a magazine that covers NC State sports that they retweeted.

Ryan Tice@RyanTice 1h

So it sounds like Lunardi's bracket had a typo and NC State is NOT currently in. He meant North Dakota State as the 12 seed

Screw the "full body of work"...... every single year, the committee looks at who is playing well during the last month. Iowa flat out sucks, during the last month and lost in the Big 10 tourney to a much lesser team than we did.

With an overall better record, conference record, 2 places above in conference finish and about 80% better winning percentage in the last month, there absolutely no "rationale" way the committee can justify Iowa over Nebraska. Lunardi is complete dumba$$.

May be why ESPN loves him.

Screw the "full body of work"...... every single year, the committee looks at who is playing well during the last month. Iowa flat out sucks, during the last month and lost in the Big 10 tourney to a much lesser team than we did.

With an overall better record, conference record, 2 places above in conference finish and about 80% better winning percentage in the last month, there absolutely no "rationale" way the committee can justify Iowa over Nebraska. Lunardi is complete dumba$$.

Unfortunately, he is usually pretty good about his predictions. Most times he isn't off by more than 2 or 3 teams at most.

They quit looking at the last 10 games, fwiw. Creighton screwed us again....

I don't understand how we are sliding down his First 4 In. We are sliding below teams that already lost before today. If neither team is playing, how can there be so much movement?

I don't understand it either. The only team that should've move above us is Providence. It just seems strange. Compared to other brackets his sh!t doesn't match up. Of course it doesn't help he changes his bracket every 2 hours, it just confuses people even more.

And if you think the last 10 games don't mean anything........ Just look at the seed movement and bubble team movement during these conference tournaments.

The only team that has slid ahead of us today is Providence. They have to now that they won the auto-bid for the Big East. It means one at large team has to slide down to last 4 and everyone moves down a slot. No one moves "out" as most brackets had Providence in.

FYI - Joe Lunardi's new last four with Providence moved up as an AQ is:

Jerry Palm from CBS hasn't posted update yet.

I'm talking since Friday. Xavier lost. Dayton lost. Tennessee lost.

On Friday, Huskers lost on that day in the Quarterfinals as well as Xavier and Dayton. However, Xavier made the semi-finals of their tournament. Dayton and Nebraska have been a coin-flip for a couple weeks now depending on the day. Tennessee just made the semi-finals and played #1 Florida very close today. I can see what you are saying about Dayton, the rest would be expected if we are taking Lunardi's bracket as the example.

Update: Jerry Palm from CBS has updated his First Four after moving Providence up:

Xavier, SMU, Tennessee, BYU

(Nebraska would still not have to play in the First Four according to him - let's hope he is right).

On Friday, Huskers lost on that day in the Quarterfinals as well as Xavier and Dayton. However, Xavier made the semi-finals of their tournament. Dayton and Nebraska have been a coin-flip for a couple weeks now depending on the day. Tennessee just made the semi-finals and played #1 Florida very close today. I can see what you are saying about Dayton, the rest would be expected if we are taking Lunardi's bracket as the example.

I guessing I'm looking at it from Nebraska losing by 4 in essentially a coin flip game against tOSU. I also look at how strong those conferences are. B1G is rated 2nd by the way. The win by Tenn. shouldn't have carried any weight because it was against the 13th seed in the conf tournament out of 14 teams. Xavier beat the 8th seed in there tournament.

Both of those wins are the same us beating Purdue and NW. Which shouldn't have done anything to enhance our resume.

Neither team played well in those games and the final scores reflect that.

Palm has updated his as 10:26. Still a 10th seed, no play in.

Update: Jerry Palm from CBS has updated his First Four after moving Providence up:

Xavier, SMU, Tennessee, BYU

(Nebraska would still not have to play in the First Four according to him - let's hope he is right).

On Friday morning Nebraska was ahead of Xavier and Dayton. They already got credit for making it however far they did in their conference tourneys. Now on Saturday morning, even though all three teams lost, those two jumped us. I even remember watching the Dayton-St Joseph's game and they were both in the Last Four In, and it was supposed to be an elimination game. Dayton loses but doesn't move down the ladder at all? How the hell does that make any sense?

I do hope the selection committee uses a better system with more logic. We deserve to be in the tourney, these other bubble teams don't have resumes nearly as impressive as ours. BYU, Dayton, Tennessee, Minnesota, etc. have nothing on us.

While it would be fun for Nebraska to make the NCAA, it might benefit them more to be a top seed in the NIT.

They get home games until the semis in madison square garden and more experience for a young team that

returns all but one senior.

Who gives a crap about next year? I want this year.

Exactly. What's wrong with making the tournament this year and next year?

Full disclosure. I am a Michigan fan that has been visiting this site for awhile. I have gotten to know some Nebraska fans since you guys joined the Big Ten and have grown to like Nebraska too. Along with PSU. Not sure if they will be in a play-in game, a safe 11, 12 seed or go to the NIT at this point. I was just thinking that the NIT would be a huge benefit for the team IF they don't make the NCAA. If they do, have fun with it. I'll be rooting for you. I will be rooting for all Big Ten teams actually, even Ohio.