GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 8PM - BTN

Sh#t.......bubble is bursting. Oh well, now fighting for NIT invite.

The bubble hasn't burst at all. As bad as a loss is, this is the 11th time it's happened to this team. It's happened before. Displayed during the 5 gm winning streak was confidence and a true standout player emerged. I think this team has enough fight to pick themselves up.

Bummer of a game to be at. Officials let it be very physical and our guys didn't respond well. That said, I don't think our bubble has burst at all. We can't really afford to lose another without making serious run in the conference tournament, but if we win out and win a game in the tournament, I think we are definitely in.

unfortunately, any team with a pulse on offense can probably beat neb.

Fortunately MSU doesn't average 79 points a game. Luckily PSU doesn't have two guys who average 17ppg. Luckily Purdue doesn't have a first round draft pick big man when we have no inside presence. Luckily OSU and Minny have pretty weak offenses as well.

i did say "can probably beat nebraska." i did not say they would always beat nebraska. i stand by that. the point is that nebraska does not have enough offensive firepower, especially when terran does not do his thing. last night was frustrating. they lost because of their turnovers, but they could have come back from that if they were more consistent on offense. i think nebraska has a very specific way they beat teams, but it is tenuous.

the reason i stand by my statement that any team playing well on offense can probably beat nebraska is because they severely struggle to come back from mistakes if the other team pulls away even a little bit.

A win tonight will put the Huskers in 5th place in the conference standings, a half game ahead of Iowa, and on level footing with Ohio State. Both the Hawkeyes and the Buckeyes play tomorrow night. Iowa travels to Indiana while Ohio State travels to Penn State. Should both of those teams lose, Nebraska will find itself in sole possession of 4th place in the Big Ten and will control their destiny to clinching a first round bye.

Yeah, but what are the odds of either of those happening? Iowa may lose at Indiana, but I'll be shocked if Ohio State loses to Penn State.

Well...would ya look at that. No harm no foul for seeding if Indiana takes care of business.

A win tonight will put the Huskers in 5th place in the conference standings, a half game ahead of Iowa, and on level footing with Ohio State. Both the Hawkeyes and the Buckeyes play tomorrow night. Iowa travels to Indiana while Ohio State travels to Penn State. Should both of those teams lose, Nebraska will find itself in sole possession of 4th place in the Big Ten and will control their destiny to clinching a first round bye.

Yeah, but what are the odds of either of those happening? Iowa may lose at Indiana, but I'll be shocked if Ohio State loses to Penn State.

Well...would ya look at that. No harm no foul for seeding if Indiana takes care of business.

I'm shocked. Too bad we didn't win yesterday, could have been sitting in 4th all alone. We lament over our loss against Penn State, I'm sure the Buckeyes are very disappointed tonight.