***2016 Recruiting***

We did essentially the same thing with Alphonso Thomas in this class. But we did it in the fall, not 2 weeks from signing day.

See, I have no problem with that. If we stopped communicating and made it abundantly clear that it just wasn't happening anymore, that's okay to do in September/October. That's not okay to do on January 25 with signing day Feb 3.
The kid saying "I have had little to no contact" during the 7months he was committed not make you think he should have done his own due diligence? At least more than 10 days before signing day?

Shh. We're only allowed to look deeper than the surface and take context into account when it's OUR croots. If it's Jim Harbaugh we're talking about then just see the tweet, get riled up, and condemn it.

You assume the coaches are making contact with other recruits maybe? That's besides the point though. The point is, there was a discussion had, and this young man was told 9 days from signing day that his previously committable offer was now a preferred walk-on spot.
The look of it is bad and is good fodder for our interests and other programs.

I just don't think it's *that* big of a deal and really, I'd prefer to be in Harbaughs shoes making a top 5 class even better than in our shoes hoping we land 4 key recruits in the final week to scratch the top 20.

It's not an ideal situation, but it happens every year, and it's Harbaughs job to make the program better.

Huskers are all about class! These unethical standards is not part of being a Husker.

So, here is the question that's rattling around in my head.

I think we have said minimum we could take 23 kids.

We are sitting at 18 right now.

I'm pretty confident in Fitzpatrick and Lamar Jackson.....that gets us to 20.

Let's say we get Farniok and Simmons...that takes us to 22.

Who else do we take? Do we some how go above 23? is there someone like McDaniel that could drop back in our lap? Chase Allen?

• Fire 1

Who else do we take? Do we some how go above 23? is there someone like McDaniel that could drop back in our lap? Chase Allen?

If I recall their are 17 SRs. I do not know if this includes Williams. Collins & Valentine left early & Mosley transferred. Plus 3 over would be 23. Now, we do not know if William's son is getting a scholarship & how about a possible QB transfer.

I know there have been ways that early enrollees can actually go on the previous year's totals. Does anyone have specifics on that and if POB and Grimm would be able to do that?

They can be "back counted" but that only applies if you're signing over 25 in one class. We're up against the 85/88 limit so back counting won't do us any good.

I know there have been ways that early enrollees can actually go on the previous year's totals. Does anyone have specifics on that and if POB and Grimm would be able to do that?

They can be "back counted" but that only applies if you're signing over 25 in one class. We're up against the 85/88 limit so back counting won't do us any good.

So, with that, it appears that 23 is our absolute maximum???

18 committed and if Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Farniok and Simmons commit, that leaves one more spot.

Are we sure that all of the walk-ons are going to keep their scholarships?

Not gonna lie - this class filled up a little faster than I though it might a month ago. Of course, we had two commits kind of come out of nowhere (Miller and Jefferson) so that makes a difference.

I think we have a really good shot at Fitz and L. Jackson. I think we're 50/50 or so on Farniok. I think Simmons (Clemson) and A. Jackson (Iowa or MSU) go elsewhere.

So that would leave 2-3 spots depending on Farniok. But I also think it's pretty possible that Chris Weber gets a scholarship so 1-2 spots.

I think we still want another TE but I don't get that great of a feeling with Allen either - though some recruiting guys think we have a good shot. Other than that - with Davis out of the picture - I'm not sure who else we've really been after.

18 committed and if Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Farniok and Simmons commit, that leaves one more spot.

Not renewing walk-ons would be an option but I'm not sure we'll need it. And I'm not sure who we'd take it away from. If anything, I think another could get a scholly (Weber).

But yes, I think 23 is our max at this point. Unless someone else has quit the team or going on medical.

Not renewing walk-ons would be an option but I'm not sure we'll need it. And I'm not sure who we'd take it away from. If anything, I think another could get a scholly (Weber).

But yes, I think 23 is our max at this point. Unless someone else has quit the team or going on medical.

It sounded like we had a few that were transferring out, but I am surprised that we have not heard nothing.

It sounded like we had a few that were transferring out, but I am surprised that we have not heard nothing.

Pretty sure if any others would have left school we'd have found out about it by now. It's quite possible that more will leave this summer but the only other ones who would open up spots for this class would be if they are still in school but no longer officially on the football team.

I think it would simplest for someone to just ask the coaches how many scholarships we have available. It is not a difficult thing to do unless the coaches dont want to say for whatever reasons (there certainly may be good reasons for keeping the exact number secret as there may be given players who are considering their options and have discussed them with the Coach. Sometimes a player may, for example, be thinking of quiting the sport or be contemplating having surgery. If so, he may be a red shirt for a season and may be able to drop off the scholarhip number etc.

I guess it is the poor sports reporters we have covering the program these day but it used to be pretty much routine to have numberous acticles on recruiting, the numbers of players to be signed, etc. Why not now? Lack of interest by the public? I know the interest by readers in Husker football is obviously down a bunch as the sports section of the LJS and World Herald are not what the used to be (volume, etc). It must not be selling as the sports and particularly Husker sports were the biggest demand for those newspapers to be purchased.