***2016 Recruiting***

"Big" recruits or not, if we barely crack the Top 25, it sucks.

Are you happy when we barely crack the Top 25 in the end-of-season poll? No? Then why are you OK with barely cracking the Top 25 in recruiting?

Can we please just let it go? If you're happy with a 20ish/30ish ranked class, all the power to you. I'm not.

• Fire 1

A top 25 recruiting finish with the season we had this year would be pretty remarkable. Realistically, we'll be lucky to crack the top 30 unless we start to land some high caliber recruits rather quickly.

This is what I said and I've been crucified ever since. Beware!

Your attitude is what drives the nails through dude

Are you happy when we barely crack the Top 25 in the end-of-season poll? No? Then why are you OK with barely cracking the Top 25 in recruiting?

Can we please just let it go? If you're happy with a 20ish/30ish ranked class, all the power to you. I'm not.

I would love to let it go. But, you can't post without proclaiming that we suck.

And, there is a lot of ground between "we suck" and winning NCs that you choose to completely ignore

And....the post you quoted as saying the same as you didn't ignore that area.

So stop saying he said the same thing as you.

A top 25 recruiting finish with the season we had this year would be pretty remarkable. Realistically, we'll be lucky to crack the top 30 unless we start to land some high caliber recruits rather quickly.

This is what I said and I've been crucified ever since. Beware!

Your attitude is what drives the nails through dude

Hes a former frat prez. What can you expect.
  • Fire 2

Player Decision info 247 composite player rating

Butler. Jan 20th .8650

Ivy Visiting Jan 22nd announce after that .8622

Jackson Jan 28th .9526

Farniok (probably) week of Jan 25-29 .9055

Alaric Jackson Visit Jan 29 announce after that .8596

Fitzpatrick Feb 1st .9069

Simmons NSD .8913

Newman ???? .8896

Fant ???? .8665

Davis ????? .8600

Miller ???? .8497

bump, got too far back in the thread, nice to see what we have to look forward to

Player Decision info 247 composite player rating

Butler. Jan 20th .8650

Ivy Visiting Jan 22nd announce after that .8622

Jackson Jan 28th .9526

Farniok (probably) week of Jan 25-29 .9055

Alaric Jackson Visit Jan 29 announce after that .8596

Fitzpatrick Feb 1st .9069

Simmons NSD .8913

Newman ???? .8896

Fant ???? .8665

Davis ????? .8600

Miller ???? .8497

bump, got too far back in the thread, nice to see what we have to look forward to

This is going to be a long week waiting for NSD!

I'd love to land a 20ish/30ish ranked class after the negativity in the program from Bo and Riley first tragic year. Frankly, I'm hoping we can land in the low 30's and then hope we hit on our QB and this class pans out better then some of Bo's best classes. Rather then being the Goat on the board why not wait for some data under Riley get collected and then evaluate his product after some time. It's fair to judge his first season now that it is over ... I'll do the same with this class after it's compiled and in a few years we will know much more.

Trying to rebuke other Husker fans here will just make you out to be a Goat. You will go away eventually and the board will move forward. That's my experience over the years.

• Fire 1

Well two 4 stars in Fitz and Jackson fit the bill of high caliber do they not? And 3 stars are nothing to sneeze at.

That was the point I was trying to make earlier, some of the 3 star recruits look phenomenal based solely on highlight footage of course. A couple 4 star grabs and we're inching towards top 25. It's certainly possible to have a strong finish with the momentum we have right now.

I agree, barely cracking the top 25 would be a disappointment but let's not write this thing off just yet. Obviously, to have a successful program you need to have top recruiting classes year in and year out. Clemson is a perfect example as they consistently finished in the top 15 pretty much every year since 2008 and some in the top 10. Nebraska's goal should be, at minimum - a top 25 class every year, IMO. You have to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, GOAT and give them an opportunity to work. Once recruiting is done, then everyone (myself included) will judge the 2016 class and form an opinion on it.

• Fire 1

I agree, barely cracking the top 25 would be a disappointment but let's not write this thing off just yet. Obviously, to have a successful program you need to have top recruiting classes year in and year out. Clemson is a perfect example as they consistently finished in the top 15 pretty much every year since 2008 and some in the top 10. Nebraska's goal should be, at minimum - a top 25 class every year, IMO. You have to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, GOAT and give them an opportunity to work. Once recruiting is done, then everyone (myself included) will judge the 2016 class and form an opinion on it.

Fair enough. Well-said.