***2016 Recruiting***

I live in the heart of SEC country. Do they give gifts of cars and money to recruits in order to lure them? Absolutely. I've seen it first-hand! What I'm saying is, if the NCAA isn't going to do anything about it then you've gotta find ways to compete. The SEC schools are going to get their talent regardless because they're smack-dab in the middle of the talent pool. But what about the non-SEC schools, including many B1G schools, that are ahead of us? I guess they're cheating as well? The only way to compete is to hire a big-name coach who these 4 and 5-star kids want to play for. That's what Bama did, that's what Ohio State did, that's what Michigan did. If we want to act like we're on the same level as them then that's what we're going to have to do. Sorry but elite kids just aren't going to flock to Lincoln to play for Mike Riley.

Your suggestions is to cheat. Sorry, us in the midwest are above that!

• Fire 1

I live in the heart of SEC country. Do they give gifts of cars and money to recruits in order to lure them? Absolutely. I've seen it first-hand! What I'm saying is, if the NCAA isn't going to do anything about it then you've gotta find ways to compete. The SEC schools are going to get their talent regardless because they're smack-dab in the middle of the talent pool. But what about the non-SEC schools, including many B1G schools, that are ahead of us? I guess they're cheating as well? The only way to compete is to hire a big-name coach who these 4 and 5-star kids want to play for. That's what Bama did, that's what Ohio State did, that's what Michigan did. If we want to act like we're on the same level as them then that's what we're going to have to do. Sorry but elite kids just aren't going to flock to Lincoln to play for Mike Riley.

Your reading comprehension skills obviously need work. Please point out any instance where I said to cheat. This is exactly the type of stuff I'm referring to -- twisting things to fit your agenda. I made it very clear -- CRYSTAL, in fact -- that in my opinion the only way we'll get elite recruits is if we get an elite coach.

Your reading comprehension skills obviously need work. Please point out any instance where I said to cheat. This is exactly the type of stuff I'm referring to -- twisting things to fit your agenda. I made it very clear -- CRYSTAL, in fact -- that in my opinion the only way we'll get elite recruits is if we get an elite coach.

I will back him on this one. He said "others are blatantly cheating and since the NCAA are allowing it, we need to highe a big name coach to draw recruits in to fight against it"

• Fire 1

I will back him on this one. He said "others are blatantly cheating and since the NCAA are allowing it, we need to highe a big name coach to draw recruits in to fight against it"

But he refuses to give this coach a chance.

But he refuses to give this coach a chance.

I gave him a chance. 6-7, with the talent we had, was all I needed to see. You can't take a pig, give it a better environment, and turn it into a show pony. Doesn't work like that. The guy's a .500 career coach for a reason.

I'm done. You're right. Let's see how it ends. I stand by my original statement that we finish closer to 40 than 15 and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Too bad these other hypocrites don't have the guys to do the same.

I see why 1995Redux gets in so many arguments -- in his mind his opinion is the only one worth listening to, and he has no respect for the opinions of others. Living in SEC country has absolutely zero to do with judging a recruiting class. Like I said earlier, I knew it was just a matter of time before you played the SEC card. I leave the recruiting rankings up to the experts, and our class is currently ranked in the 30s/40s for a reason.

Lets put some cash down. Make it real. $500 says we finish closer to 15 than 40.

Sounds good to me. There are many intangibles; however. What services we will include in the ranking average (247, ESPN, Rivals?) and also a method of depositing the $500 each beforehand to be "held" to ensure that the loser won't back out.

Also can't believe that you guys will be satisfied with a 25+ ranked class.

Sounds good to me. There are many intangibles; however. What services we will include in the ranking average (247, ESPN, Rivals?) and also a method of depositing the $500 each beforehand to be "held" to ensure that the loser won't back out.

Just because we aren't acting like a whiney little two year old means we are perfectly happy and satisfied?

You do realize we can see the talent in this class while still hoping for better next year....right?

• Fire 3

Our class that is ranked just outside the top 25 has 5-6 less commits than other teams ahead of us. So one could conclude that the quality is there so now it's a matter of filling it out.

Our class that is ranked just outside the top 25 has 5-6 less commits than other teams ahead of us. So one could conclude that the quality is there so now it's a matter of filling it out.

How dare you speak like this. Don't you know that it is purely based on what the national talking heads see and think! Quantity over quality. We clearly need a top 15 class with 100 kids not top 25 with high quality.