***2016 Recruiting***

I'm just waiting until it's over so I can quote GOAT and ask him how that crow tastes.

If we finish Top 20 as I was told then I'll gladly eat a heaping helping. Are you going to be willing to do the same if we finish in the 30s or lower as I forecasted?

Well first I'd like to see where you were told we will finish top 20, but then I'd just like to point out how dumb it is to declare something sad or awful when it isn't finished yet. You don't leave a movie 80% of the way through and then complain that it sucked because it didn't have a climax. You don't say that a basketball player is a bad scorer because he only has 4 points at halftime. You reserve judgment until it's complete.

Reason being that it's pretty easy to predict.

My exact words were, "We'll finish closer to 40 than 15."

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/76900-things-you-thought-would-be-fixed-by-now/

quote="I think I have heard multiple previous accounts mention this guy...its you isn't it? Anyone else remember this???"

I don't think I've ever mentioned him before, but considering that he and Dylan Moses are the hottest names in Louisiana HS football right now, I wouldn't think it's too unusual.

I'm just waiting until it's over so I can quote GOAT and ask him how that crow tastes.

If we finish Top 20 as I was told then I'll gladly eat a heaping helping. Are you going to be willing to do the same if we finish in the 30s or lower as I forecasted?

Well first I'd like to see where you were told we will finish top 20, but then I'd just like to point out how dumb it is to declare something sad or awful when it isn't finished yet. You don't leave a movie 80% of the way through and then complain that it sucked because it didn't have a climax. You don't say that a basketball player is a bad scorer because he only has 4 points at halftime. You reserve judgment until it's complete.

Reason being that it's pretty easy to predict.

My exact words were, "We'll finish closer to 40 than 15."

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/76900-things-you-thought-would-be-fixed-by-now/

Would a Top 25 Ranking for this class be acceptable to you then? It would be closer to 15 than 40. BTW, I get your skepticism, and frankly there is a legit chance that this class ends around 30, but I also think there is a legit shot to be a top 20-25 class when it is all said and done. Just adding 4-5 prospects will help by itself based on many services rating the top 20 prospects in a class.

How about we get this thread back on subject and off of the comments GOAT makes.

So for those in the know are we in serious contention for Swenson? He would be one hell of an addition for sure.

And are we seriously making a run at one of UCON's commits? The kid is good enough in my books but are we sure this isn't some beat writer mistake like the Alexander decommit story?

If we could land either of the two along with Farniok I would be mighty impressed!

• Fire 2

Oh OK, so it's alright for someone to assure me of a Top 15 finish and criticize my belief that we'll be closer to 40... not only that, but I get CALLED OUT on it and told to provide proof that it was ever said. I provide said proof, and then it's, "Oh, let's change the subject." Got it. :lol:

And no, Top 25 is not good enough. We've been finishing around 25 in recent years and it's not getting us anywhere. Evidence shows that consistent Top 12 finishes are required in order to win championships in today's day and age. I repeat: letting Orgeron slip through our grasp was pure idiocy. LSU will likely finish with the #1 or 2 ranked class. You can't tell me Orgeron wouldn't have been worth in weight in gold as a recruiter, especially with his ties to the south. LSU's even giving him a hefty bonus.

• Fire 2

Oh OK, so it's alright for someone to assure me of a Top 15 finish and criticize my belief that we'll be closer to 40... not only that, but I get CALLED OUT on it and told to provide proof that it was ever said. I provide said proof, and then it's, "Oh, let's change the subject." Got it. :lol:

And no, Top 25 is not good enough. We've been finishing around 25 in recent years and it's not getting us anywhere. Evidence shows that consistent Top 12 finishes are required in order to win championships in today's day and age. I repeat: letting Orgeron slip through our grasp was pure idiocy. LSU will likely finish with the #1 or 2 ranked class. You can't tell me Orgeron wouldn't have been worth in weight in gold as a recruiter, especially with his ties to the south. LSU's even giving him a hefty bonus.

Stop with this. How did we "let Orgeron slip through our grasp"?

He was out of work and was throwing his name for a bunch of jobs. He found a job at LSU. He is originally from Louisiana. You're telling me he would have chose a job at Nebraska over LSU?

• Fire 3

He was out of work and was throwing his name for a bunch of jobs. He found a job at LSU. He is originally from Louisiana. You're telling me he would have chose a job at Nebraska over LSU?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. At the time he expressed interest in Nebraska (December 4), LSU had no interest in him. It was over a month later (January 14) when LSU snatched him up. I live in Baton Rouge and know exactly how things went down.

Like I already said, if we finish Top 20 I'll gladly eat crow; I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Why is it wrong for me to expect the same in return?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. At the time he expressed interest in Nebraska (December 4), LSU had no interest in him. It was over a month later (January 14) when LSU snatched him up. I live in Baton Rouge and know exactly how things went down.

Like I already said, if we finish Top 20 I'll gladly eat crow; I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Why is it wrong for me to expect the same in return?

Amen brother!

Possibly hinting at Jackson being asked to wait till day before signing day??

That would be beyond great. Although he did say he'd tell the coaches after he recorded his video this weekend.

My guess - Miller said he was committing but wouldn't make it public until his visit. So we told Ivy thanks but no thanks.