***2016 Recruiting***

Interesting - if not entirely pleasant - observation looking at Offensive Tackles.

I've seen a couple different places that Alaric Jackson wants to commit to Michigan State but they're not taking him right now. Seems that he is a backup plan for them. So I looked at who else they might be looking at, per 247. They only show four OTs with MSU offers who aren't committed elsewhere. This list might sound familiar: Jauan Williams, Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson and EJ Price. Jauan Williams isn't going to MSU and EJ Price seems headed to the SEC. That would seem that the other OT MSU is waiting on is Farniok. If they don't get him - and I think Farniok picks NU or Iowa - Jackson would seem to be their next look.

And Jackson is also looking at Iowa. So there would be a scenario where Farniok and Jackson could end up at Iowa and Michigan State. And that would suck.

Also interesting that we may get both and those two schools get zero!!!

That would be great for us.

Of course, MSU already has two OT commits so it's not as big of a deal for them.

Interesting - if not entirely pleasant - observation looking at Offensive Tackles.

I've seen a couple different places that Alaric Jackson wants to commit to Michigan State but they're not taking him right now. Seems that he is a backup plan for them. So I looked at who else they might be looking at, per 247. They only show four OTs with MSU offers who aren't committed elsewhere. This list might sound familiar: Jauan Williams, Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson and EJ Price. Jauan Williams isn't going to MSU and EJ Price seems headed to the SEC. That would seem that the other OT MSU is waiting on is Farniok. If they don't get him - and I think Farniok picks NU or Iowa - Jackson would seem to be their next look.

And Jackson is also looking at Iowa. So there would be a scenario where Farniok and Jackson could end up at Iowa and Michigan State. And that would suck.

We'd literally be f'd.

No we wouldn't. But it would be another punch to the stomach in how recruits view Nebraska.

We'd literally be f'd.

No we wouldn't. But it would be another punch to the stomach in how recruits view Nebraska.

I disagree. We've landed a top 5 guard in the nation (Raridon) and are in (and possibly leading) for rivals #1 safety (L. Jackson).

We'd literally be f'd.

Yes, we would lol. Have you looked an OT depth chart lately?

We'd literally be f'd.

In this case I'd have to agree. If we don't grab an OT in this class we would go into 2016/2017 with just 3 scholly guys on the roster.

We'd literally be f'd.

In this case I'd have to agree. If we don't grab an OT in this class we would go into 2016/2017 with just 3 scholly guys on the roster.

We have 6: Gates, Gaylord, Johnson, Knevel, Thurston & Whitaker

We'd literally be f'd.

TRUE OTs. Several of those guys slid inside in recent years. Gates, Knevel, and Gaylord are it.

We'd literally be f'd.

TRUE OTs. Several of those guys slid inside in recent years. Gates, Knevel, and Gaylord are it.

I believe Johnson is still at OT but considering he didn't even make the 105 man roster last year, I'm not holding my breath on him.

You are right that Thurston and Whitaker are inside. Thurston may start at C - he played there against UCLA after Reeves got hurt.

Player Decision info 247 composite player rating

Butler. Jan 20th .8650

Ivy Visiting Jan 22nd announce after that .8622

Jackson Jan 28th .9526

Farniok (probably) week of Jan 25-29 .9055

Alaric Jackson Visit Jan 29 announce after that .8596
Fitzpatrick Feb 1st .9069
Simmons NSD .8913
Newman ???? .8896
Fant ???? .8665

Davis ????? .8600

Miller ???? .8497