***2016 Recruiting***

This is just getting worse and worse. There's no sugar-coating it; this is straight-up sad.

Bottom line is, and I've been saying this for years, is that until we hire a big-name top tier coach and recruiter who kids want to play for, we're going to languish in mediocrity. Letting Ed Orgeron get away from us was pure idiocy.

#35/45 in the recruiting rankings, that's what's wrong.

People ridiculed me when I said we'd finish close to #40. They assured me we'd be Top 15, or at least Top 20. Heck, now I'm feeling like I was being generous.

I'd be willing to bet we finish at worst top 30.

If we get the 3 guys we are most confident in, Butler (.865), Ivy (.862), and Miller(.850), that would put us a 201.1 on the 247 composite ranking. That would have equaled the 32nd ranked recruiting class in 2015.

If you toss on Lamar Jackson (.959), who we all think we have a very good shot at, that gets us to 213.1, good for 29th last year.

Say we miss on Farniok (.905) and get the lower rated Alaric Jackson (.860), we're now at 215.2 or 28th last year. If we get Farniok and not A Jackson, then we are at 219.1, or 25th last year. Get both are we are at 220.8, or 24th last year.

Then throw in the possibilities of Fitz (.904), Simmons (.891), and Jefferson (.844), and assuming that we don't lose anyone (Alexander?) I think a top 30 class is almost certain, and a top 25 is well within reach.

Is top 30 good enough long term? Probably not. I'd like to consistently be in the top 20, but as Cub fans say "There is always next year".

• Fire 2