***2016 Recruiting***

It's a process. You can't just snap your fingers and get top recruiting classes to win championships. Higher class's (top 20s) will allow us to win more then "6 games" hopefully.... We then build a base and move up with motivation. Clemson wasn't pulling top 15 recruiting classes 4 years ago.... Yet they built on it and now look great.

You expect instant gratification. There is no manual on any of this... Stop being s negative Nancy and enjoy life.

I don't "expect" anything. You assume too much. All I know, based on facts, is that in order to win championships you need to have at least 3 straight years of Top 15 recruiting classes. We've had none of those, and this year, despite all the promises that were made, we aren't going to reach it, either. All we're doing right now is spinning our wheels but not making any progress. Not sure why that's so hard for some people to understand. You can't say you're OK with the recruiting classes barely cracking Top 25, but then be upset when we barely crack Top 25 in the end-of-season rankings. Can't have it both ways.

It's a process. You can't just snap your fingers and get top recruiting classes to win championships. Higher class's (top 20s) will allow us to win more then "6 games" hopefully.... We then build a base and move up with motivation. Clemson wasn't pulling top 15 recruiting classes 4 years ago.... Yet they built on it and now look great.

You expect instant gratification. There is no manual on any of this... Stop being s negative Nancy and enjoy life.

All I know, based on facts, is that in order to win championships you need to have at least 3 straight years of Top 15 recruiting classe.

Is that a Mark Richt quote?

Damn, never knew HB was full of such witty guys. Same guys who were bitching and moaning last year after each of our 7 losses.

That quote is actually a well-known college football fact. Maybe sometime when you take a vacation from Never-never Land you can do some research.

And as far as Richt goes, he's won more championships and games of importance over the past 15 years than we have, so I'd probably take his advice. Anybody wanna bet that Miami has a better year than we have?

Damn, never knew HB was full of such witty guys. Same guys who were bitching and moaning last year after each of our 7 losses.

That quote is actually a well-known college football fact. Maybe sometime when you take a vacation from Never-never Land you can do some research.

And as far as Richt goes, he's won more championships and games of importance over the past 15 years than we have, so I'd probably take his advice. Anybody wanna bet that Miami has a better year than we have?

That was too easy

quote="Might as well just give up on being a fan my friend. We're never gonna win another championship. Why bother."

Not getting recruiting classes ranked in the 20s/30s/40s you're not. That's not just me saying that; that's fact.

Dude, you have to start somewhere. Riley coaches up 2 stars and 3 stars at Oregon State enough that he put quite a few of them in the NFL. How bout we give him 3 and 4 stars and see what he can do? After the winning starts, the recruiting will follow.

Until then, please be a fan of good things instead of a fan of bad ones.

LOL -- as if I'm really a fan of bad. Give me a break.

He had a team full of 3- and 4-stars this past season. We saw what he could do.

Winning isn't going to improve against the big boys until we get the recruits who can match up against the big boys. Finishing in the 20s or 30s isn't going to lead to any consistency against the big boys, as the past 15 years have proven.

That was too easy
At proving your ignorance? Yes, it was. But that's nothing new :lol:

If you would've read the thread, another poster is the one who pointed out the fact about Top 15 classes, and even more specifically, the importance of Top 10. So you might want to direct your failing attempts at wit and humor towards him.

That was too easy
At proving your ignorance? Yes, it was. But that's nothing new :lol:

If you would've read the thread, another poster is the one who pointed out the fact about Top 15 classes, and even more specifically, the importance of Top 10. So you might want to direct your failing attempts at wit and humor towards him.

I know you are but what am I

Well are we actually talking recruting or are we talking assumptions on how this class is a failure before signing day?

If top 15 classes are a requirement for 3 straight years, then why is anyone even complaining? Doing something like that requires a staff to gain tenure, gain momentum, stockpile wins THEN reel in top recruits to make those kinds of classes consistently every year. Or....you could take a job at an SEC school and buy 3 top 10 classes in your first 3 years. Either way really.

All I'm hearing are a bunch of played-put excuses, as usual. Funny how you're so certain that SEC schools are "buying" Top 10 classes, yet the NCAA doesn't seem to know or care. Oh, but that's right, that's just because they favor the SEC.

All I'm hearing are a bunch of played-put excuses, as usual. Funny how you're so certain that SEC schools are "buying" Top 10 classes, yet the NCAA doesn't seem to know or care. Oh, but that's right, that's just because they favor the SEC.

No, bag men have just gotten better at hiding it since SMU got incredibly sloppy. If you honestly don't believe they buy their recruits you are a lost cause.

(Anybody have that link from a year or so ago about the bag man story?)

You got that right after the losses some of these same posters here were having a fit, Goat has a point we have to start bringing in better classes then we have been and the sooner the better before we become more of a foot note! Now granted Mike hasn't been here long but we are not really trending upward which doesn't lead to confidence to those who look at it from a non homer point of view.