***2016 Recruiting***

That statement makes zero sense. Ratings are calculated based on both quality AND quantity. There are teams currently in the Top 10 that currently have less recruits than we do.

There are 7 teams ahead of us with fewer commits then us. Those are the likes of programs like Alabama, USC, Georgia etc. Others that also have the same as us are teams such as Clemson. Let's see how we close out before you worry too much

For sure have five more spots - assuming Keyan Williams is on scholarship and all of the walk-ons that got scholarships last year have them renewed.

Priority:
OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.
WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.
TE - Reports are the staff wants 1-2 more (plus Stoll)
DT - I moved them down as apparently the coaches weren't recruiting anyone but I'm not sure why.

DE - Probably done here but we might take one more if someone wants in.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN
RB - 1 - TRE BRYANT
WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Desmond Fitzpatrick, Isaiah Simmons, Kalija Lipscomb
TE - 2-3 - JACK STOLL, Chase Allen
OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson, Royce Newman
OG/C - 3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 1-2 -
DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, COLLIN MILLER
LB - 3-4 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, PERNELL JEFFERSON, Cameron Goode
CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, MARQUEL DISMUKE, Lamar Jackson, Devron Davis (JuCo)

S - 2-3 - JoJo DOMANN, TONY BUTLER

P/K - 1 - CALEB LIGHTBOURN

Edited by Mavric
Moved Dismuke to CB

I kinda assume we are giving up on Fant. Think we wanted him as a DE more so than TE and we got Miller, isn't there another TE we are kinda after or are we done there since we have Stoll?

Hate to go back down this road,but man, GOAT is really going to feel like a fool in a couple weeks, well he should already... But...

Found this really interesting of 247's article on Millers commitment

“It’s a defensive end role where you can have your hand in the dirt,” he said. “It’s a hybrid, outside linebacker-defensive end kind of thing."

To my football knowledge this means he will be the strong side backer in a four three where a linbacker comes up on to the line, usually opposite the tight end or strong side of the opponents line.

The other interesting possibility i read in this is a possible long term move to the 3-4.

But Banker as far as i know has no history with the 3-4.

What are your guys thoughts?