Things you thought would be "fixed" by now...

Things I thought would be fixed by now...

1. Penalties

2. High snaps (I thought we saw that a lot last year too)

I thought those would be two easy fixes

Things that are fixed:

1. Recruiting momentum

2. GETTING RECRUITS ON CAMPUS. I am loving this so far! They are doing an amazing job getting kids on campus for games!

• Fire 2

Not fixed:

Pass coverage. Not sure what the issue is. But we seem to play so far off the ball that short out passes are a sure thing for five or six yards against us. And perplexingly, our deep coverage doesn't seem up to task either. :dunno:

Fixed:

I'm pleased with the recruiting so far. And this staff seems to be pretty good at identifying young talent and getting it on the field, e.g., Young and Weber at LB, and Ozibgo at RB.

Things I thought would be fixed by now...

1. Penalties

2. High snaps (I thought we saw that a lot last year too)

I thought those would be two easy fixes

Things that are fixed:

1. Recruiting momentum

2. GETTING RECRUITS ON CAMPUS. I am loving this so far! They are doing an amazing job getting kids on campus for games!

I believe you're right, I remember complaining when Reeves took over the center spot how he kept snapping the ball high. The penalties are disappointing, but after looking at Oregon St. penalty numbers the last few seasons I guess it shouldn't have been that much of a shock.

• Fire 1

I really never expected anything to be fixed other than getting blown out. I expected to see a different approach to game management and we have. I expected a lot of inconsistency given scheme changes and the amount of starts at skill positions. I hoped they'd adapt faster, but I think we can blame some of that on injuries.

I expected there to be a learning curve on offense. With a lot of struggles. (Right)

I expected to lead the nation in sacks. Or be close. (Wrong)

I expected the DB'S to hold up because of experience returning (wrong)

I expected about 200 yards a game rushing (close)

I was also an idiot to think Riley could fix everything in 6 games. We will see improvement, just need to ne a tad more patient

Oregon State habitually had penalty issues under Riley. How can we expect this to be fixed here?

Let's not pretend Pelini's team wasn't penalized for the same silly reasons? WE had 16 against Texas A&M one year for 180 yards.

Defense looks like it has been tackling better and seems more aggressive. I laughed pretty hard when Banker talked about watching film and described our defense as....3 guys standing there and just rushing gregory. Dline has played patty cake for a long time, its good to see some fight. Just need some DE's that can rush the edge faster

Oregon State habitually had penalty issues under Riley. How can we expect this to be fixed here?

Let's not pretend Pelini's team wasn't penalized for the same silly reasons? WE had 16 against Texas A&M one year for 180 yards.

Defense looks like it has been tackling better and seems more aggressive. I laughed pretty hard when Banker talked about watching film and described our defense as....3 guys standing there and just rushing gregory. Dline has played patty cake for a long time, its good to see some fight. Just need some DE's that can rush the edge faster

Does NU have more sacks this year or last year at the same time? I would imagine it is this year because of the scheme and because of the fact that teams are throwing a ton more on NU this season.

Not fixed:

Pass coverage. Not sure what the issue is. But we seem to play so far off the ball that short out passes are a sure thing for five or six yards against us. And perplexingly, our deep coverage doesn't seem up to task either. :dunno

Lack of a pass rush is the catalyst for a porous secondary. Let's look at Michigan:

On the season, they have 15 Sacks, Nebraska has 13.

But Michigan has 40 TFLs, while Nebraska only has 26 on the year thus far.

LACK OF FRONT FOUR FRONT PRESSURE.

• Fire 1

Not fixed:

Pass coverage. Not sure what the issue is. But we seem to play so far off the ball that short out passes are a sure thing for five or six yards against us. And perplexingly, our deep coverage doesn't seem up to task either. :dunno

Lack of a pass rush is the catalyst for a porous secondary. Let's look at Michigan:

On the season, they have 15 Sacks, Nebraska has 13.

But Michigan has 40 TFLs, while Nebraska only has 26 on the year thus far.

LACK OF FRONT FOUR FRONT PRESSURE.

Many coaches will say that sacks are a result of strong secondary play, while INT's are the result of a strong pass rush.

Considering that NU doesn't have many sacks or INT's this year, I think there are some serious issues with the pass defense.