Things you thought would be "fixed" by now...

Things I thought would be getting better by now;

1- Penalties

2- Pass Rush / Hurries / Sacks / TFL's

3- Pass coverage, DB's

4- Offensive Line play and our running game

Things I did not expect to get worse or be this bad;

1- Clock Management

2- Sensible offensive play calling

3- Penalties

4- Injuries

5- The W-L record (should've listened to knapp)

6- Losing to Illinois

Things that have shown improvement;

1- Rushing defense

2- Use of the fullback and tight end

3- Press conferences and coaches demeanor

4- We didn't get prison raped by Wisconsin and have had no embarrassing blowout losses.......yet anyway.

Things that I don't know what to think;

1- Tommy the gunslinger. Looked good (real good) for a couple games and has looked like sh#t the last couple games. Not sure how much of that is Tommy, play selection/timing, opposing defenses, or what the f#ck. It's like Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get and some of them are those nasty chew things that taste like road tar.

2- Recruiting. Looks to be trending up so far but will reserve judgment until a better product actually shows up on the field.

:yeah

Like you wrote the post for me I completely agree with all of this. Recruiting will be a big one for me. If Riley and Co. can show strong recruiting than I am willing to give time to let them install their design here. If they don't recruit well, this will be bad. Currently at #39 in recruiting so not really impressed so far...but willing to be patient as we hopefully finish strong in recruiting as we really need to.

• Fire 1

Turnover margin was probably the #1 area for me that I wanted to see improvement. Not happening

LB play is off the charts better

We do seem to be protecting the ball solidly when running, few fumbles. Ya that pick at the end of the Miami game was horrible but unfortunately that just seems to be the reality of Tommy. The D could be certainly be more opportunistic, we had butterfingers like a mofo against Wiscy, even from Gerry.

I wasn't one of the people screaming for a regime change but I definitely wanted Ells gone, dude sucked. Bray is a huge improvement on LB's, thus far looks like the best defensive coach we have.

Not fixed:

Pass coverage. Not sure what the issue is. But we seem to play so far off the ball that short out passes are a sure thing for five or six yards against us. And perplexingly, our deep coverage doesn't seem up to task either. :dunno:

Fixed:

I'm pleased with the recruiting so far. And this staff seems to be pretty good at identifying young talent and getting it on the field, e.g., Young and Weber at LB, and Ozibgo at RB.

The last time I saw Ozigbo it was on a milk carton.