Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And even with all that going on, he's still done nothing less than win 9/10 games a year, much to the chagrin of the entitled fans.

What the heck kind of comment is that? Do you really think that just because people are critical of Pelini they want him to lose?

• Fire 2

My vote would be 4 years at the very most. Callahan had nothing to do with the Jimmies and Joes Pelini brought in.

i totally agree. by then, you have had time to get your players and implement your 'process'.

personally, i find it concerning that bo's teams seemed to have peaked in '09-'10.

In a normal coaching cchange situation, I'd agree. But after year 3 we did have that little conference change thingy go on that factored into the equation.

Kinda changed things up in the program. And even with all that going on, he's still done nothing less than win 9/10 games a year, much to the chagrin of the entitled fans.

Yeah, I bet Nebraska would have never moved to the Big Ten if they knew it meant they were going to take games off mentally, not hold on to the football and generally lose focus.

My point is, the main reasons Nebraska loses football games it shouldn't have nothing to do with the Conference they're in, put them in the Mountain West and they'd drop one or they shouldn't because of their problems.

• Fire 1

It does not take a top-notch coach a long time to turn a program around. All that hexing and vexing and [stuff] is just that, and you can print it.

When Bo took over the collapsed culture at Nebraska, it seemed the stamp he was about to put on it was one of toughness, accountability, and winning. Instead it's been, of late, defensive, defiant, excuse-making, and celebrating four losses. Our coach and team are both less known for a hard-nosed brand of football than for losing their handle.

This offseason, we're hoping for a breakthrough metamorphosis for Bo. I'll never say never, though.

• Fire 1

It does not take a top-notch coach a long time to turn a program around. All that hexing and vexing and [stuff] is just that, and you can print it.

When Bo took over the collapsed culture at Nebraska, it seemed the stamp he was about to put on it was one of toughness, accountability, and winning. Instead it's been, of late, defensive, defiant, excuse-making, and celebrating four losses. Our coach and team are both less known for a hard-nosed brand of football than for losing their cool.

This offseason, we're hoping for a breakthrough metamorphosis for Bo. I'll never say never, though.

and if you do that well, you can win in any conference (obviously, if your stamp is winning, you are winning. so, as far as winning in any conference, toughness, accountability, and focus would work better).

Fair question, it stopped being relevant for Callahan pretty quickly.

yeah, i was being sincere.

we can debate whether or not it was a train-wreck. i would say 'no', because the only thing that really matters when taking over a program like nebraska is the talent that stays. at the time, the offense seemed competent enough and sw even stayed, providing continuity on offense. ostensibly, all bo had to do was fix the defense.

but if we are still talking about 2007-8 as if those years are relevant, i am curious how long we can expect them to remain relevant.

They arent relevant to 2014. Different coaches, different players. Different conference.

Doesnt change the fact Nebraska was a clown car of chaos when Bo took over. Nations longest bowl streak shattered in Bills first year and solidified in his last. Regaedless of talent, it was a dumpster fire.

If it was so chaotic and toxic, why did some of the old staff stay? Clown car chaos continuity?

Some not all. Who wants to switch jobs if youre happy where you are and arent being fired.

Its a little sad this has gotten to the point of Callahn left a good situation and now Bo has us in a worse place mentality.

Some not all. Who wants to switch jobs if youre happy where you are and arent being fired.

Its a little sad this has gotten to the point of Callahn left a good situation and now Bo has us in a worse place mentality.

boy, that is a stretch.

are you saying those coaches only stayed because they did not want to find new jobs? bo decided who could stay and who would go.

My vote would be 4 years at the very most. Callahan had nothing to do with the Jimmies and Joes Pelini brought in.

i totally agree. by then, you have had time to get your players and implement your 'process'.

personally, i find it concerning that bo's teams seemed to have peaked in '09-'10.

In a normal coaching cchange situation, I'd agree. But after year 3 we did have that little conference change thingy go on that factored into the equation.

Kinda changed things up in the program. And even with all that going on, he's still done nothing less than win 9/10 games a year, much to the chagrin of the entitled fans.

Yeah, I bet Nebraska would have never moved to the Big Ten if they knew it meant they were going to take games off mentally, not hold on to the football and generally lose focus.

My point is, the main reasons Nebraska loses football games it shouldn't have nothing to do with the Conference they're in, put them in the Mountain West and they'd drop one or they shouldn't because of their problems.

And herein lies the problem with the #9 whiners, they can't see the forrest through the trees.

I thought it was an excuse too, until the staff explained how moving to the B1G changed how they recruit. It changed their recruiting philosophy, they had to build pipelines to areas that they didn't have before, while other pipelines dried up. And lets not forget that the perception of the B1G and their lack of success on the field didn't help, either. They had to do a 180 right before year #4. The conference change had a more profound affect on the program, more than most including myself, thought.

And even with all that going on, he's still done nothing less than win 9/10 games a year, much to the chagrin of the entitled fans.

What the heck kind of comment is that? Do you really think that just because people are critical of Pelini they want him to lose?

I thought it was pretty straight forward, the entitled fans gnash their teeth and cry that Bo can ONLY win 9 (or 10) games per year.

Oh, how I feel sooooooo bad for them.

boy, that is a stretch.

are you saying those coaches only stayed because they did not want to find new jobs? bo decided who could stay and who would go.

Didn't Osborne suggest that Watson stay? Either way it seems odd that an AD and a new coach would want to keep a clown car full of chaos cancer around when "rebuilding" Nebraska.