Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The goalpoasts for Nebraska have not moved with any head coach. Believe it or not, even Tom Osborne struggled to win the conference in his first 10 years.....even though he took over a program that had won back to back national championships. Those goalposts remain firmly in place.

On your point, Tom Osborne won the conference in his 3rd and 6th seasons while reeling off six consecutive Top 10 finishes and berths in the Sugar, Fiesta, and Orange bowls. Oklahoma won two national championships during this period. He also won the conference in his 9th and 10th (and 11th and 12th) years.

The first season in which Osborne's Huskers didn't finish in the Top 10 in at least one of the Coaches and AP Polls was his 17th.

• Fire 2

After six years of the same four losses and the same mental and fundamental breakdowns year in and year out, what exactly do people point to to back up their belief that Bo will somehow become Urban Meyer?

If that's what it takes to NOT be Urban Meyer, then I'll settle for that for the rest of my life.

key word: "settle"

IT IS WHAT IT IS. LESSER OF TWO EVILS I GUESS. LIKE A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. SOMETIMES WINNING IS NOT EVERYTHING.

The goalpoasts for Nebraska have not moved with any head coach. Believe it or not, even Tom Osborne struggled to win the conference in his first 10 years.....even though he took over a program that had won back to back national championships. Those goalposts remain firmly in place.

(emphasis mine) On your point, Tom Osborne won the conference in his 3rd and 6th seasons while reeling off six consecutive Top 10 finishes and berths in the Sugar, Fiesta, and Orange bowls. Oklahoma won two national championships during this period. He also won the conference in his 9th and 10th (and 11th and 12th) years.

The first season in which Osborne's Huskers didn't finish in the Top 10 was his 17th.

but it was a struggle. it was not easy.

"We're here to win championships" --Bo Pelini

I'm sure you always do exactly what you set out to do but this is not the case for the vast majority of the population.

Failing to meet a goal is not the same as failure.

FOR INSTANCE. MY GOAL WAS TO HAVE POLO HERE RUNNIN OFF OR GETTING BANNED BY FEB. 1. BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT DIDNT WORK OUT EITHER. #waittillnextyear

After six years of the same four losses and the same mental and fundamental breakdowns year in and year out, what exactly do people point to to back up their belief that Bo will somehow become Urban Meyer?

If that's what it takes to NOT be Urban Meyer, then I'll settle for that for the rest of my life.

u

key word: "settle"

Settling for 9-10 wins per year, OH TEH HORRAH!!!111!!11!!1!

:nanalama

Where in that quote does he set a deadline?

I'm sure you always do exactly what you set out to do but this is not the case for the vast majority of the population.

It's so hard to decipher things when those goalposts make so much noise when they're being moved.

So, simply ignoring my post? Sounds good.

Are you asking for a resume? Other than that I'm not sure what else you want me to say. But here's my point. Bo's out of excuses. He has his extension, his "support" from the AD, his staff, the better part of a decade to install his process.......

It's time for him to make good on his proclamation he made five years ago.

FOR INSTANCE. MY GOAL WAS TO HAVE POLO HERE RUNNIN OFF OR GETTING BANNED BY FEB. 1. BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT DIDNT WORK OUT EITHER. #waittillnextyear

Man and I made all these nice appetizers for you at the next celebraish.....

I'm not taking anything away from the job Osborne did......winning or tying for the conference championship in 4 of his first 10 seasons. I thoroughly acknowledge Pelini has not finished well in the top 25 in his 6 years to date. I'm a believer that Pelini has done well for taking over a train wreck......which is direct opposite of what Osborne took over. But at Nebraska, being critical of the head football coach is part of it. How was Osborne feeling about things around 1978? And again around 1990?

I'm not taking anything away from the job Osborne did......winning or tying for the conference championship in 4 of his first 10 seasons. I thoroughly acknowledge Pelini has not finished well in the top 25 in his 6 years to date. I'm a believer that Pelini has done well for taking over a train wreck......which is direct opposite of what Osborne took over. But at Nebraska, being critical of the head football coach is part of it. How was Osborne feeling about things around 1978? And again around 1990?

Bo did not take over a train wreck. It was a team that had quit, sure, but it was loaded with talent. You need to stop with that straw man.

• Fire 2

No need for insults.......being loaded with talent didn't stop two losing seasons in four years. At Nebraska, where I think you might say we have "standards".....how the hell is that anything short of a train wreck? Do tell.

There were no insults there.

2007 was bad. It was a horrible year to be a Husker/Husker fan. But to pretend that the cupboard was bare is little extreme/untrue

No need for insults.......being loaded with talent didn't stop two losing seasons in four years. At Nebraska, where I think you might say we have "standards".....how the hell is that anything short of a train wreck? Do tell.

There were no insults there.

2007 was bad. It was a horrible year to be a Husker/Husker fan. But to pretend that the cupboard was bare is little extreme/untrue

the fact that bo's best season was arguably 2009 (closest we have been to a conf. champ. against the best opponent we have faced in a ccg, great bowl showing, only 4 losses) tells us that we no longer need to discuss the callahan years.

As I stated I thought he was on solid ground with the booster that paid the bill before. As long as that continues he is going to be here. I stated also that I had no idea of how the AD felt and still don't. Money makes the program go round. When the big boosters stop supporting Bo, then his time here becomes shakey. I have no problem right now with him being here, I just want to see the improvement we saw last year and in the bowl game, and a correction to the turnover mystery.