Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Listening to the SDS and Wyoming coaches, those days are not here, or close. Bo had a lot of bad luck last year, but it seems most of the teams we play have figured out what we are doing. The aggressiveness towards mid season did seem to help.

I just do not feel we are the physically intimidating team we once were.

On Defense, no were not quite there yet. On offense, were really damn close.

Pound the rock a little more and be cute a little less and were difficult to stop. I think it shows most the time we can wear a defense out but a bad turnover gives them new life. Take those away and were pretty much where we need to be on offense.

On defense we need one or two guys to step up and be that guy coaches plan around.

I'm really struggling to see how the offense is the problem at all. There wasn't one game last year where they didn't put up enough points to win.

Defense and mental mistakes like turnovers. They're the problem, and the man in charge is a defensive "genius" who preaches self discipline. Figure out that enigma, and you've figured Nebraska. Period.

I agree QMany. With Pelini's winning percentage, it's tough to say he has no business with the Nebraska job. And none of us have any idea what other athletic directors might think of Pelini......we only know what the media is looking for....which is a story line.

Sorry, but Bo's shortcomings and faults are not a media fabrication. They're real, and if they weren't, Bo wouldn't be here.

Listening to the SDS and Wyoming coaches, those days are not here, or close. Bo had a lot of bad luck last year, but it seems most of the teams we play have figured out what we are doing. The aggressiveness towards mid season did seem to help.

Pound the rock a little more and be cute a little less and were difficult to stop. I think it shows most the time we can wear a defense out but a bad turnover gives them new life. Take those away and were pretty much where we need to be on offense.

On defense we need one or two guys to step up and be that guy coaches plan around.

I'm really struggling to see how the offense is the problem at all. There wasn't one game last year where they didn't put up enough points to win.

Defense and mental mistakes like turnovers. They're the problem, and the man in charge is a defensive "genius" who preaches self discipline. Figure out that enigma, and you've figured Nebraska. Period.

21 against UCLA and 17 against Iowa wasn't going to get it done.

Again a small, very small amount of people(maybe 50 people who post regularly) on a pro Nebraska board, vs 6 year's of being stopped nearly every day by someone wanting to talk football and especially Nebraska football. I drive a 3500 dually with a the whole back window being a Husker emblem. Wear Nebraska clothing nearly every day of the week. Work along the 10 and 215 Freeways in So Cal. Seldom a week goes by with out numerous negative comments about Bo. At first I agreed with most of them, the last year I have seen things somewhat differently. But to think he is popular and well thought of out of the Nebraska fan base is homerism at its best. And in honesty the most negative are Nebraska fans. Some do endorse him, but a very small number comparatively.

But I do think he is improving his image some. Heard a lot after the Iowa game, but mostly Nebraska fans venting.

• Fire 1

The 2nd half of the UCLA game and the entire Iowa game featured six quarters of the most uninspired, flat football I've seen from Nebraska this side of 07. That would be the "mental" aspect. The points would have been there at UCLA (and probably Iowa) if their hearts were.

The 2nd half of the UCLA game and the entire Iowa game featured six quarters of the most uninspired, flat football I've seen from Nebraska this side of 07. That would be the "mental" aspect. The points would have been there at UCLA (and probably Iowa) if their hearts were.

I just replied to your post about the bolded. I am fully aware of how the score cam to be.

Again a small, very small amount of people(maybe 50 people who post regularly) on a pro Nebraska board, vs 6 year's of being stopped nearly every day by someone wanting to talk football and especially Nebraska football. I drive a 3500 dually with a the whole back window being a Husker emblem. Wear Nebraska clothing nearly every day of the week. Work along the 10 and 215 Freeways in So Cal. Seldom a week goes by with out numerous negative comments about Bo. At first I agreed with most of them, the last year I have seen things somewhat differently. But to think he is popular and well thought of out of the Nebraska fan base is homerism at its best. And in honesty the most negative are Nebraska fans. Some do endorse him, but a very small number comparatively.

But I do think he is improving his image some. Heard a lot after the Iowa game, but mostly Nebraska fans venting.

I have anecdotal stories that paint the opposite picture.

I don't know if another major DI program would be interested in Pelini. I have no idea and I'm not the one who matters......that would be ADs. I do know that the decision makers at Nebraska want Pelini here. If not, he'd be gone. It's not any more complicated than that.

I don't know if another major DI program would be interested in Pelini. I have no idea and I'm not the one who matters......that would be ADs. I do know that the decision makers at Nebraska want Pelini here. If not, he'd be gone. It's not any more complicated than that.

Oh yes it is.

frankly, i would not trust ADS to heat me up a hot pocket.