Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bo has a major backer, the one that got him here in the first place. If and when he is through with the project, Bo is gone for certain. Keeping Bo was more of a financial thing. Buying out a 7 million dollar payout, plus staff, and hiring another would be a tough pill to swallow, but it has happened before. Until Bo loses his main booster he really has no worries with the payout being what it is.

The administration wanting him here or having to have him here are two different stories. I am not saying the AD wants him gone, or that he wants to keep him. I think his hands are tied. Plus I think the Bowl game gave Bo some more time for all involved.

But back to the statement, we are not a team people are afraid to play, that they worry about the week following due to the beating physically they know they will be getting. No longer the bully so to speak. Be it who or the type of player we recruit, or the mind set of the coaches, it just does not happen like it used to. I guess that is what I miss most about Nebraska football. Culture change I guess.

So......we're acquiescing that average to good teams will always score four times against a Nebraska defense then?

I pointed out 2 games. Where does always come into the equation?

(sigh)

Look, Nebraska is capable of holding teams to 10 or less points. Good teams. Granted, the offense should have put more up in the two games you referenced, but to blame those bad losses, dare I say blowouts, on the offense is misguided.

You can argue with me for the sake of arguing, or attack my semantics, but ultimately, that is my point, and its pretty accurate.

• Fire 1

Again a small, very small amount of people(maybe 50 people who post regularly) on a pro Nebraska board, vs 6 year's of being stopped nearly every day by someone wanting to talk football and especially Nebraska football. I drive a 3500 dually with a the whole back window being a Husker emblem. Wear Nebraska clothing nearly every day of the week. Work along the 10 and 215 Freeways in So Cal. Seldom a week goes by with out numerous negative comments about Bo. At first I agreed with most of them, the last year I have seen things somewhat differently. But to think he is popular and well thought of out of the Nebraska fan base is homerism at its best. And in honesty the most negative are Nebraska fans. Some do endorse him, but a very small number comparatively.

But I do think he is improving his image some. Heard a lot after the Iowa game, but mostly Nebraska fans venting.

I see a surprising amount of fans here in Missouri, and most of them support Bo. This is why anecdotal evidence is useless.

So......we're acquiescing that average to good teams will always score four times against a Nebraska defense then?

I pointed out 2 games. Where does always come into the equation?

(sigh)

Look, Nebraska is capable of holding teams to 10 or less points. Good teams. Granted, the offense should have put more up in the two games you referenced, but to blame those bad losses, dare I say blowouts, on the offense is misguided.

You can argue with me for the sake of arguing, or attack my semantics, but ultimately, that is my point, and its pretty accurate.

The UCLA loss was on the defense. They folded. Sure the offense stopped scoring, but our D dissapeared.

Iowa you can't blame the offense's production, can't blame the defense (due to short fields for Iowa). Turnovers killed us.

Again a small, very small amount of people(maybe 50 people who post regularly) on a pro Nebraska board, vs 6 year's of being stopped nearly every day by someone wanting to talk football and especially Nebraska football. I drive a 3500 dually with a the whole back window being a Husker emblem. Wear Nebraska clothing nearly every day of the week. Work along the 10 and 215 Freeways in So Cal. Seldom a week goes by with out numerous negative comments about Bo. At first I agreed with most of them, the last year I have seen things somewhat differently. But to think he is popular and well thought of out of the Nebraska fan base is homerism at its best. And in honesty the most negative are Nebraska fans. Some do endorse him, but a very small number comparatively.

But I do think he is improving his image some. Heard a lot after the Iowa game, but mostly Nebraska fans venting.

I have anecdotal stories that paint the opposite picture.

Living in Idaho for the past 3 years after living in Nebraska for 20+ years I really don't see a lot of people stopping me and saying BP is nuts or anything. Most people are very indifferent to me being a Nebraska fan and who the coach at Nebraska is or whether he is crazy or not.

Though I must be truthful I haven't really run across a lot of super hard core football fans. Most are BSU, Oregon, or Wazzu fans.

I see a surprising amount of fans here in Missouri, and most of them support Bo. This is why anecdotal evidence is useless.

It is, because the fans I encounter are far more similar to those skersfan runs into - last night being my most recent experience sitting next to a 60ish year old couple watching the Iowa game, and their friends who looked to be k-state fans. If it was a bunch of 20 something d-bag KU fans I wouldn't think much of it, when it's older fans (including Kevin Kietzman) then it draws your attention a little more.

He's not talking about Nebraska fans exclusively. And living in MN and WI I agree with everything he said. They were all surprised we haven't canned him yet. I've worked with a lot of Wisky and MN grads and fans over the past 8 years and they all think Nebraska deserves more.

After six years of the same four losses and the same mental and fundamental breakdowns year in and year out, what exactly do people point to to back up their belief that Bo will somehow become Urban Meyer?

Losing conference championships and bowl games he should win:

Bo has a major backer, the one that got him here in the first place. If and when he is through with the project, Bo is gone for certain. Keeping Bo was more of a financial thing. Buying out a 7 million dollar payout, plus staff, and hiring another would be a tough pill to swallow, but it has happened before. Until Bo loses his main booster he really has no worries with the payout being what it is.

The administration wanting him here or having to have him here are two different stories. I am not saying the AD wants him gone, or that he wants to keep him. I think his hands are tied. Plus I think the Bowl game gave Bo some more time for all involved.

But back to the statement, we are not a team people are afraid to play, that they worry about the week following due to the beating physically they know they will be getting. No longer the bully so to speak. Be it who or the type of player we recruit, or the mind set of the coaches, it just does not happen like it used to. I guess that is what I miss most about Nebraska football. Culture change I guess.

I Guess the administration is just showing how little they want him here via his new contract extension through 2019?

Im more worried about the season beginning than worrying why we couldnt win our division before we kicked the season off. Im just throwing this out there, lets see what happens before we give up on Bo and company this year?

i do not know. i have already given it 6 years before i gave up on bo and company. at this point, i will just wait for the end of his contract.

edit: i was being quite sincere. the should bo go, should bo stay talk is futile. i am just going to support the team and hope for the best. we got a good team coming back and i am excited to watch them play.