Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well you claim the previous staff was not a "dumpster fire" and continually cite that their retainment under current regime is reason enough that they were capable.

i claimed bo was not left with a train-wreck. i believe this because he had good players and even retained some of the staff. if i recall, most of us were pretty excited when sw stayed because the offense was pretty decent, if not good. you claimed the callahan years were a chaotic clown car, and we wondered how bad could it have been if bo, who you vehemently defend, retained some of the staff. including the oc, a pretty important coach.

All the while mocking Bo's ability to coach a team.

we have different definitions of 'mocking'.

I dont get it. Well the frustration of no trophies I understand. Bo supporters are just as disheartened by that. What I dont get is the constant disdain and negatism. You claimed that the statute of limitations for what Callahan did to the program are over. Fine. Past is in the past. How about letting the 2012 &2011 seasons stay in the past as well then.

i sure would like to leave those years in the past. but they are indicative of bo's ability. that is bo's past, and past is prologue.

• Fire 1

SW is gone, Tim Beck is here. Our offense is moving more fluently than under SW. This is because of Bo.

Not all of Bills staff was bad, he was just a poor manager of personnel. He didnt know how to manage his players because there were so many compared to NFL rosters. Also the stories of coaches and players phoning it in during 2007. This is a clown car/dumpster fire/train wreck. You should not have 2 losing seaso s at Nebraska. Our competition wasnt that incredible during those years. Our on field talent as you both defend was quite good.

2013 was an unexpected rebuliding year. The defense was not a surprise, but losing your 4 year QB and a plethora of other offensive players, coming up 9-4 with a bowl win is not a bad year. I seriously get the feeling its just easier to be negative so that should we turn in a special year, instead of eating crow you can simply say "Golly gee, Bo sure surprised us this year. Wont matter though cause next year its all downhill again."

It takes work staying positive and optimistic. Dont ya think it woild be essier if I just said screw it! Im all in with Bo this year because I believe we are about to turn a corner. If you dont thats super, I guess your offseason will be spent being depressed instead of looking forward to Augus.

• Fire 1

I always get confused how this ever gets twisted into a conversation about 'entitlement.'

If the fans want a better program, they should, what, ... work for it? earn it?

Nebraska is an extraordinarily tradition-rich and premier college football program that has standards for success that are not exceeded by anybody in the country. The only entitlement issue relevant here is the crazy idea that a coach who can't live up to those (admittedly extremely high) standards should be entitled to keep his job for years and years.

Checkmate.

Ummm, it stopped being relevant for Callahan pretty quickly because he took over a team that had gone .500 two seasons before his arrival and had won 10 games the season before his arrival.........then promptly had two losing seasons and missed bowl games. I would hope that answers the how long was it relevant for Callahan question. Please let us know when Pelini misses a bowl or wins less than 9 games. Thanks.

• Fire 1
Nobody dislikes Callahan as a coach as much as I, but isn't it fair to say he did a much better job recruiting here than Frank?

I don't like the guy as a coach either, but the fact he got who he got to come here when the facilities today were exposed studs and tyvek wrap I have no problem saying he recruited better than Bo

I don't think it's a news flash to say Pelini needed to improve in recruiting. To his credit, he's managed to win 9/10 per season and not miss bowl games during that time.

Recruiting probably should've been a bit higher up on this staff's priority list, in retrospect. You can make up for a lack of talent with great coaching, just like some great talent can make up for a lack in coaching. But, when your talent is good (not great) and your coaching is good (not great), I think you get our current product - good (not great).

The good news is that we have an upswing in recruit talent over the last two years, and from what I've been hearing it sounds like our 2015 class (though obviously still in the very, very, very early stages) is being highly touted. The hope, of course, is that the coaching ability continues to improve as well. I personally don't believe all of our problems have been simply because we didn't have good players. I think Pelini and his staff have some deficiencies they still need to get worked out, but I'm really hoping they can because I want to see them succeed.

I am sorry, I keep reading about these fantastic recruiting classes. Rivals we finished at 32 for 2014, is that considered good/great or average. I get that maybe we got what we needed, but so did 31 others ahead of us. Our coach has not shown that he is superior to most that have out recruited us this year. Can some one please explain how the low rankings makes it a great class, and improvement over past classes.

The last 12-13 MNC have top 5 classes, every single one. It would seem to break into that elite level, we would need a top ten class, the last I checked 32 is a long ways from top ten. Our average of 24 players was below the 3 star level. I know some disagree with these rankings, but the final top ten seems to verify the rankings.

I just do not understand the statement our recruiting is getting better. Now maybe 2015 is, it seems so according to most comments I hear. But I see nothing extraordinary in the past 6 years.

I am sorry, I keep reading about these fantastic recruiting classes. Rivals we finished at 32 for 2014, is that considered good/great or average. I get that maybe we got what we needed, but so did 31 others ahead of us. Our coach has not shown that he is superior to most that have out recruited us this year. Can some one please explain how the low rankings makes it a great class, and improvement over past classes.

The last 12-13 MNC have top 5 classes, every single one. It would seem to break into that elite level, we would need a top ten class, the last I checked 32 is a long ways from top ten. Our average of 24 players was below the 3 star level. I know some disagree with these rankings, but the final top ten seems to verify the rankings.

I just do not understand the statement our recruiting is getting better. Now maybe 2015 is, it seems so according to most comments I hear. But I see nothing extraordinary in the past 6 years.

While I'd like to see better results in recruiting, I hope that you can see the inherent advantages that most of those who are pulling top 10 classes every year have.

While I'd like to see better results in recruiting, I hope that you can see the inherent advantages that most of those who are pulling top 10 classes every year have.

I guess it is how you look at things. NU has recruited well the past 2 years in the trenches. The O-line and D-line recruiting is looking good, though it is a bit of a crap shoot with linemen because for the most part development is such a big part of the deal. The difference as I see with recruiting is the teams that are getting top ten classes are just stockpiling players that may never see the field.

I'm sorry but Nebraska is never going to out recruit Alabama, FSU, Texas, OSU etc. We could win the national title next year and still not have as highly ranked recruiting class as they will always have. It has a lot to do with location and population density.

• Fire 1