Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be careful what you wish for. If you think that we are irrelevant now, go ahead and fire Bo after another 9 win season, we'll be Minnesota 2.0.

if we are satisfied with 9 wins and bowl victories, i am pretty sure we already are

Remind me again how many 9/10 win seasons and how many CCGs Minnesota has played for in the past 6 years. Thanks in advance

Well they scarcely played even 9 games in the time Minnesota was a factor. But his point was if you're not progressing, you're regressing. I'm curious to know what you think Nebraska is doing.

Nebraska has money, prestige, facilities, and opportunity. There would be no problem with the right staff

staff finding the right guy.

Ummm, so how'd that work out with the last couple of coaching searches?

Which one? Pedersen screwed up. TO made the best choice he thought possible with Bo and Frank. Bottom line, Nebraska has never put the effort forth in football like they did in finding Miles. I'd be curious to see how that went if things go south in 2014.

Who said we are satisfied with where we are? I don't think anyone is saying that. Wanting improvement doesn't mean firing the coach. Osborne certainly did not "progress" every year. He lost 7 straight bowl games well into his career.

Not that tired ass argument again. We've been down this road and it's been shown over and over how good the teams were that we played during that stretch. Osborne's teams were consistently elite, it's difficult to take it that last little bit to the top.

Be careful what you wish for. If you think that we are irrelevant now, go ahead and fire Bo after another 9 win season, we'll be Minnesota 2.0.

if we are satisfied with 9 wins and bowl victories, i am pretty sure we already are

Remind me again how many 9/10 win seasons and how many CCGs Minnesota has played for in the past 6 years. Thanks in advance

Well they scarcely played even 9 games in the time Minnesota was a factor. But his point was if you're not progressing, you're regressing. I'm curious to know what you think Nebraska is doing.

I said the last 6 years for Minnesota.

As for my opinion of the state of the program, i think that 2014 won't be much different that last year, but i think things are heading in a positive direction. But it's a slow move. Not as fast as many, or most would like.

I said the last 6 years for Minnesota.

As for my opinion of the state of the program, i think that 2014 won't be much different that last year, but i think things are heading in a positive direction. But it's slow move. Not as fast as many, or most would like.

And if 2014 looks like a carbon copy of 2013, Bo should get his resume ready.

Who said we are satisfied with where we are? I don't think anyone is saying that. Wanting improvement doesn't mean firing the coach. Osborne certainly did not "progress" every year. He lost 7 straight bowl games well into his career.

implying that something should be 'good enough' is the same as being satisfied, right?

The sad thing is, Bo has succeeded every single year, yet that's not good enough.

#wearenebraska#entitled

Current recruits for Nebraska haven't played a down for NU and sometimes might never play a down for NU. I don't really care about how Bo's antics affect them, or how a coach getting fired affects them. You should commit to a University, not to a coach. Ask any student-athlete that and most would say that.

I agree with what you said in your post, but the bolded is wildly incorrect. Through some of my work I come into contact with recruits, and many of them talk about the relationships they develop with coaches and current players far more than anything else. Some may commit because of the university and not the coach, but most is inaccurate.

I truly think that is what has changed for Nebraska. Our walkon program kept kids here, I grew up wanting to play for Nebraska, living for that letter that never came. Now a lot go other places because of the cost. I think Bo has worked on it, but doubt it will ever be what it was.

I totally agree on selling the coach over the university. Relationships are what college is all about. Feeling safe and at home far from home. Only the coach can make that a reality.

I truly think that is what has changed for Nebraska. Our walkon program kept kids here, I grew up wanting to play for Nebraska, living for that letter that never came. Now a lot go other places because of the cost. I think Bo has worked on it, but doubt it will ever be what it was.

I totally agree on selling the coach over the university. Relationships are what college is all about. Feeling safe and at home far from home. Only the coach can make that a reality.

Precisely. I can only speak for myself, of course, but facilities, grandeur and beaches aren't a huge draw. I want a relationship with a coach and players that makes me feel welcomed and like I can succeed. I know not everybody is like that, of course, but many are.