Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know Nebraska has had a few bad apples, but I'd like to think Nebraska has set a high bar when it comes to exemplary people. Lots of really giving and caring folks proudly called Husker athletes.

My question is Po Belini, how in the hell does The Peter Bros. get slammed in between your sad ass list of Lawrence Phillips and Thunder Collins. Now Thunder Collins was convicted of murder, bad dude. Lawrence Phillips tried running over some kids, and beat a woman, got in a few fights right? Obviously a nut and deserves his labels. So forgive me if I come off snarky, but I'm not aware of anything Jason or Christian Peter did that puts either of them in this category. I know this could derail this thread since a lot of you here seem to have a real problem with the Peter Bros., for which I've never understood why. But since most of you are perfect human beings, myself not being one of those fine examples of perfection as many of you.....I have always been a huge fan of the Peter Bros. Two of my favorite Huskers actually. So please indulge me on what I don't know about them that may change my mind.

I know Nebraska has had a few bad apples, but I'd like to think Nebraska has set a high bar when it comes to exemplary people. Lots of really giving and caring folks proudly called Husker athletes.

My question is Po Belini, how in the hell does The Peter Bros. get slammed in between your sad ass list of Lawrence Phillips and Thunder Collins. Now Thunder Collins was convicted of murder, bad dude. Lawrence Phillips tried running over some kids, and beat a woman, got in a few fights right? So forgive me if I come off snarky, but I'm not aware of anything Jason or Christian Peter did that puts either of them in this category. I know this could derail this thread since a lot of you here seem to have a real problem with the Peter Bros., for which I've never understood why. But since most of you are perfect human beings, myself not being one of those fine examples of perfection as many of you.....I have always been a huge fan of the Peter Bros. Two of my favorite Huskers actually. So please indulge me on what I don't know about them that may change my mind.

I was young during the 90s so maybe my facts are off, but I know Jason Peters was a drug addict. Christian Peters was accused of sexual assault.

And I never said Im perfect, but thanks for thinking that...

I truly wasn't aware of that situation with Christian, shows what I know. Not convicted though correct? The hate for Jason due to a drug problem, really? Thunder Collins, Lawrence Phillips, and Jason Peter, a recovering addict from pain meds due to putting his complete ass on the line every game he played....yep, same category. I just don't agree. I actually respect all he did for Nebraska, and I also understand that people make mistakes and this guy has fought pretty hard , from what I hear, to battle those demons. I can respect that. As I said, I'm not nearly as perfect as most of you folks here, so forgive me.

As a fan of those guys as a kid, I just find myself going to bat for them every once in awhile. Doesn't mean anything to them, or all too much to me, I've just never got why the bad rap.

And if you read my post again, I said the same types of players as Suh. Suh is not a criminal, so who I mentioned did not necessarily have to be a criminal. But the Peters Brothers played like Suh on the field but because they played in the 90s and won championships it was okay to play a little aggressive. Suh is just a dirty player because he played for BP....whatever

The thing about Jason's drug problem is it began with pain killers and depression. Not an excuse, and he'd be the first to say. Now, I cant stand Jason and his recent commentaries on the current state of the program. His judgement is clouded by the fact that he was part of the most dominant period in college football history. But to throw him under the bus and roll him in with a murderer and whatever the hell you wanna classify Phillips is, after he's manned up enough to admit his transgresssions and get straight is just not right.

• Fire 1

I truly wasn't aware of that situation with Christian, shows what I know. Not convicted though correct? The hate for Jason due to a drug problem, really? Thunder Collins, Lawrence Phillips, and Jason Peter, a recovering addict from pain meds due to putting his complete ass on the line every game he played....yep, same category. I just don't agree. I actually respect all he did for Nebraska, and I also understand that people make mistakes and this guy has fought pretty hard , from what I hear, to battle those demons. I can respect that. As I said, I'm not nearly as perfect as most of you folks here, so forgive me.

As a fan of those guys as a kid, I just find myself going to bat for them every once in awhile. Doesn't mean anything to them, or all too much to me, I've just never got why the bad rap.

Just bc you're not convicted doesn't mean you're not guilty. OJ Simpson was found innocent. Aaron Hernandez will be found innocent, most likely.

Jason Peters did more than pain killers. He was a heroin addict. And I know hes clean now, Im talking about how our reputation was so good in the 90s cause we won championship when we had players that did worse things than Suh and Incognito. I don't have a problem with Jason Peters. Hell, I was like 7 or 8 when he played, so I don't even remember him that well. The only reason I know this stuff is bc of his book.

The thing about Jason's drug problem is it began with pain killers and depression. Not an excuse, and he'd be the first to say. Now, I cant stand Jason and his recent commentaries on the current state of the program. His judgement is clouded by the fact that he was part of the most dominant period in college football history. But to throw him under the bus and roll him in with a murderer and whatever the hell you wanna classify Phillips is, after he's manned up enough to admit his transgresssions and get straight is just not right.

When did I ever say what Jason Peters did was worse than murder? Has Suh ever been convicted of a crime? No, but somehow Nebraska's national reputation is tarnished bc of him being a "dirty player." Maybe I should have made two categories for the players I mentioned, convicted felons that played in the 90's (Phillips/Collins). And players that played aggressive like Suh does and could be considered "dirty" if they played under BP (Peters Bros). Is that better?

Just bc you're not convicted doesn't mean you're not guilty. OJ Simpson was found innocent. Aaron Hernandez will be found innocent, most likely.

Jason Peters did more than pain killers. He was a heroin addict. And I know hes clean now, Im talking about how our reputation was so good in the 90s cause we won championship when we had players that did worse things than Suh and Incognito. I don't have a problem with Jason Peters. Hell, I was like 7 or 8 when he played, so I don't even remember him that well. The only reason I know this stuff is bc of his book.

Sigh.

I read the book too.

And I was 10-13 when he played and very clearly remember his time as a player here.

When did I ever say what Jason Peters did was worse than murder? Has Suh ever been convicted of a crime? No, but somehow Nebraska's national reputation is tarnished bc of him being a "dirty player." Maybe I should have made two categories for the players I mentioned, convicted felons that played in the 90's (Phillips/Collins). And players that played aggressive like Suh does and could be considered "dirty" if they played under BP (Peters Bros). Is that better?

You had 3 examples. 1 murderer. A woman beater and guy who tried to run over a bunch of kids. And then another that got caught up in a lifestyle and became a narcotic freak but cleaned himself up, and his brother who was never really convicted of any wrongdoing. Sorry if I assumed wrong.

And for the record, I still say to this day that Christian said something to that Miami player in the Orange Bowl. Poked the bear so to speak. To get that key penalty.

• Fire 1

Sigh.

That was in response to TTRA, not you. And I wrote that before you responded.

I don't a crap what drugs he has done or how they started. The point of my whole first post was in response to Polo saying Nebraska's national reputation is tarnished bc of Suh/Incognito/BP. I wasn't trying to compare a murderer to the type of player Peters was. Which is why I said the same type of player Suh was (Peters) and even worse human beings than him (Phillips/Collins)

Sigh.

That was in response to TTRA, not you. And I wrote that before you responded.

I don't a crap what drugs he has done or how they started. The point of my whole first post was in response to Polo saying Nebraska's national reputation is tarnished bc of Suh/Incognito/BP. I wasn't trying to compare a murderer to the type of player Peters was. Which is why I said the same type of player Suh was (Peters) and even worse human beings than him (Phillips/Collins)

We're good then.

Changed my initial post to clarify the confusion. Sorry TTRA and Mr. A.

Didn't offend me at all, I didn't intend what I said in a negative way, I just found it curious that those 3 were lumped into the same category in your mind. I may have misunderstood the entire meaning of what you were saying. So goes this message board thing.