Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, I don't think anyone is upset with the nine or ten wins.

But the minimum 4 losses, multiple losses where the opponent hangs 45+, failure to win even a conference championship even though they've had a lead with less than minute to play in one, a three score lead in another and was a big favorite going against a five loss opponent in the third, no BCS bowl berths, a program seemingly run with a "do as I say, not as I or my brother do" motif, a team that clearly lacks discipline and focus, loses games it shouldn't, doesn't compete at a consistent level, cannot stay ranked, cannot stay healthy, cannot hold on to the football, and blames others for their problems might be just a few points of concerns for those who aren't blind myopia so and seemingly entitled.

Ouch.

BUT! We are one of only three programs to win 9 games or more over the past 6 seasons. With Alabama and Oregon. So we must be really good.

Also, we can't predict the future, Nebraska could be really good next year, but we can predict the future and guarantee if Bo was to move on, the next coach would suck.

I'm not sure if you're that bad at reading comprehension or if you just enjoy the hyperbole. Either way, continue on with the straw man.

Also, we can't predict the future, Nebraska could be really good next year, but we can predict the future and guarantee if Bo was to move on, the next coach would suck.

Probably Bill Callahan bad. And he was the worst that ever was or will be.

I also can't read. Drag.

Probably Bill Callahan bad. And he was the worst that ever was or will be.

Still waiting on that realistic replacement coach who would be better.

Texas got Charlie Strong. Penn State got Bill O'Brien, then James Franklin. Washington got Chris Peterson.

Neither you nor I nor anybody here is an expert on the entire college football landscape's coaching talent sitch, so of course we don't know very much more than a handful of names and details.

But don't tell me Nebraska couldn't get somebody damned good if they tried to. This is a great place that has a lot to offer.

If you're referring to a school who's bowl ban and recruiting restrictions had been lifted and a coach that expressed no interest in this job, then I agree.

Straw man it is.

Yes I remember all last year in each press conference where James Franklin said "man I hope I get contacted by Penn St but not Nebraska." at every open. Kcra phone in front of him.

Bottom line you don't know who would or wouldn't come here. You are going off of what happened in 2004. Which has truly scarred you I see.

• Fire 1
Texas got Charlie Strong. Penn State got Bill O'Brien, then James Franklin. Washington got Chris Peterson.

Neither you nor I nor anybody here is an expert on the entire college football landscape's coaching talent sitch, so of course we don't know very much more than a handful of names and details.

But don't tell me Nebraska couldn't get somebody damned good if they tried to. This is a great place that has a lot to offer.

Franklin is PA. native. Peterson is a west coast guy, neither were coming here. USC and texa$$ took guys that were about their 4th or 5th choices.

Bill O'Brien was not considered some great coach when he was hired at PSU. IMO the jury is still out on Strong and Franklin, they both look like solid coaches, but to say they are better than BP is probably not true when you look at their total body of work. Franklin did a great job of reviving the Vanderbilt program, but they never beat anyone of significance. Strong had the benefit of an elite QB that he didn't recruit in the fold and a pretty weak schedule for the most part.

Peterson I think would have considered NU if the Washington job would not have been open, but he is a Great Northwest guy and would pick Washington over NU any day. Plus he got a rock in great contract, eighteen mil over 5 years is probably more than NU would have shelled out.

Bill O'Brien was not considered some great coach when he was hired at PSU. IMO the jury is still out on Strong and Franklin, they both look like solid coaches, but to say they are better than BP is probably not true when you look at their total body of work. Franklin did a great job of reviving the Vanderbilt program, but they never beat anyone of significance. Strong had the benefit of an elite QB that he didn't recruit in the fold and a pretty weak schedule for the most part.

Peterson I think would have considered NU if the Washington job would not have been open, but he is a Great Northwest guy and would pick Washington over NU any day. Plus he got a rock in great contract, eighteen mil over 5 years is probably more than NU would have shelled out.

i don't know, Bo is getting over 3 mil per year now....thru 2019....i mean, what the hell??

i don't know, Bo is getting over 3 mil per year now....thru 2019....i mean, what the hell??

Which is 10th or 11th in the SEC.

which is damn sure enough until he can at least win his division!

I'm not calling for a raise, but he has won his division, 3 out of 6 years. Tied for a forth.

....eighteen mil over 5 years is probably more than NU would have shelled out.

I'd say NU would have been well within that range. We're at almost 16 mil over 5 years with Bo, and we aren't even a full B1G member yet. This next contract would have come during one of the most financially prosperous periods of Nebraska Athletics, with full membership and a renegotiation of TV rights happening in the first years of the contract. I'd even say we could/would have been beyond that 18 mil mark.