Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never mind just 'not bad' for standards. I'd be very happy with a coach that's roundly known as extremely classy and one of the ultimate good guys in the coaching game. Someone befitting the Nebraska name. And yes, that does include not making himself known for snapping at halftime reporters or postgame rants.

This is what Pelini needs to do this year. Not just prove to people that he isn't "that dragon". But demonstrate some greatness in this area.

There are many many many people who would not think highly of Tom Osborne when referring to our national perception when he was coach. People "around the country" would be a lot more critical about some of the decisions Osborne made as opposed to what Pelini says into a mic running off the field at halftime.

• Fire 1
There are many many many people who would not think highly of Tom Osborne when referring to our national perception when he was coach. People "around the country" would be a lot more critical about some of the decisions Osborne made as opposed to what Pelini says into a mic running off the field at halftime.

Lol

Not true Sker, not even close.

Coach Osborne made mistakes, bad ones actually, but he owned up to those mistakes, when looking in hindsight. I do believe they were made looking out for kids, trying to help them, and if some of them happened today, that coach would be fired instantly. But good people make mistakes

But part of the problem is the fact that every thing that is done now days is seen on TV, Twitter, you tube, the news and ESPN. Bo needs to be aware of it, as it does cost the program money.

Coach Osborne made mistakes, bad ones actually, but he owned up to those mistakes, when looking in hindsight. I do believe they were made looking out for kids, trying to help them, and if some of them happened today, that coach would be fired instantly. But good people make mistakes

But part of the problem is the fact that every thing that is done now days is seen on TV, Twitter, you tube, the news and ESPN. Bo needs to be aware of it, as it does cost the program money.

I'm actually totally curious as to what he thinks which offenses TO committed are worse than Bo's. I could use a good laugh.

I kind of misread your post, missed the back in the day part. You are absolutely correct. Tired just got home from work!

There was gun hidden from a robbery, allowing Phillips to remain on the team, several other sexual assault deals over the years with some star players as I remember. Trying to hide these things. If this happened today the coach would be gone I think. Could be wrong.

I have said many times Bo's actions normally do not bother me, but they do bother others a great deal. More than some think.

Sweet goodness, you are reaaaaaaaaaaaaching if you're gonna tear down Dr. Tom to prop up Bo.

That's the mother of all tear-downs-to-lift-up. (Note: I'm not referring to your personal opinion of Dr. Tom, but your favorable comparison of their national perceptions)

Yes, TO definitely made some questionable and regrettable calls in his time. On the whole, he was and his legacy remains today that of one of the finest men to ever walk the college football coaching ranks. Could Bo get there? Yes. Is it looking that way in the early going? Not even close.

I never propped up Bo, good gawd man you know better than that. I stated things that happened, that if they happened to day, the coach would be gone. Not because it would be worse, but because it would be everywhere to be seen by all.

Bo is not my choice for the job, never has been, but we have him. I have decided that if the administration wants him here another year or more, I am giving him this year to get it all together. I am tired of the continual bickering over who said what did what, yet we get new threads every single day about the same crap that has been discussed a million times.

I love Nebraska, know and like Tom and consider him a friend, and have for the last 40 plus years.

Sorry, should have made it more clear. This is what I was responding to. The concerns about the image Bo has crafted aren't frivolous, and I don't think comparisons to TO are reasonable there.

I am a huge fan of Tom Osborne......and a huge fan of Bo Pelini. Pelini and Osborne continue to have a great relationship. I would be among the first to defend either, as both man and coach. For those who get defensive when considering our national perception under Osborne might not have been perfect, I'd offer a reminder that Osborne has stood firmly behind Pelini.

I'm actually totally curious as to what he thinks which offenses TO committed are worse than Bo's. I could use a good laugh.

Tom was accused by the media of being a win at all costs coach who recruited thugs and pumped his guys full of steroids. This isn't top secret news...