Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am sorry, I keep reading about these fantastic recruiting classes. Rivals we finished at 32 for 2014, is that considered good/great or average. I get that maybe we got what we needed, but so did 31 others ahead of us. Our coach has not shown that he is superior to most that have out recruited us this year. Can some one please explain how the low rankings makes it a great class, and improvement over past classes.

The last 12-13 MNC have top 5 classes, every single one. It would seem to break into that elite level, we would need a top ten class, the last I checked 32 is a long ways from top ten. Our average of 24 players was below the 3 star level. I know some disagree with these rankings, but the final top ten seems to verify the rankings.

I just do not understand the statement our recruiting is getting better. Now maybe 2015 is, it seems so according to most comments I hear. But I see nothing extraordinary in the past 6 years.

While I'd like to see better results in recruiting, I hope that you can see the inherent advantages that most of those who are pulling top 10 classes every year have.

I guess it is how you look at things. NU has recruited well the past 2 years in the trenches. The O-line and D-line recruiting is looking good, though it is a bit of a crap shoot with linemen because for the most part development is such a big part of the deal. The difference as I see with recruiting is the teams that are getting top ten classes are just stockpiling players that may never see the field.

I'm sorry but Nebraska is never going to out recruit Alabama, FSU, Texas, OSU etc. We could win the national title next year and still not have as highly ranked recruiting class as they will always have. It has a lot to do with location and population density.

Agree 100%. Even when TO was racking up MNCs, we weren't bringing in top 5 classes every year.

Don't forget the $ECs ability to oversign and cut players Willy nilly, which is something we can't or won't do.

Buliding a strong line has been a big factor, and a majorly important one moving forward. Unfortunately for class rankings line recruiting isnt sexy and doesnt move you up the poll. Ill gladly take a 40th ranked class if it means were leading the conference in tackleor our QB has protection that is secret service good.

Only in Nebraska would our ranking go down and the value go up. I understand some are onboard 1000%. I truly want to be, but I do not want to buy into something that has shown not to be true in college football. I am not saying Nebraska can not win a MNC, of course they could, but if we continue to lose ground in recruiting to schools in our conference every year, it gets much tougher.

I am not sure the SEC over signing is as big a deal as we tend to make it. Bad news travels very fast in recruiting. I did it for a very long time, with a much tougher sale than Nebraska. You lie to people it gets around. I think these kids knew if they are over sold, know the whole story, and know they have to put out on the field, in the program. If it was a blatant as some here seem to feel, there would be a lot more complaining and the NCAA would step in.

I am sorry, I keep reading about these fantastic recruiting classes. Rivals we finished at 32 for 2014, is that considered good/great or average. I get that maybe we got what we needed, but so did 31 others ahead of us. Our coach has not shown that he is superior to most that have out recruited us this year. Can some one please explain how the low rankings makes it a great class, and improvement over past classes.

The last 12-13 MNC have top 5 classes, every single one. It would seem to break into that elite level, we would need a top ten class, the last I checked 32 is a long ways from top ten. Our average of 24 players was below the 3 star level. I know some disagree with these rankings, but the final top ten seems to verify the rankings.

I just do not understand the statement our recruiting is getting better. Now maybe 2015 is, it seems so according to most comments I hear. But I see nothing extraordinary in the past 6 years.

While I'd like to see better results in recruiting, I hope that you can see the inherent advantages that most of those who are pulling top 10 classes every year have.

I guess it is how you look at things. NU has recruited well the past 2 years in the trenches. The O-line and D-line recruiting is looking good, though it is a bit of a crap shoot with linemen because for the most part development is such a big part of the deal. The difference as I see with recruiting is the teams that are getting top ten classes are just stockpiling players that may never see the field.

I'm sorry but Nebraska is never going to out recruit Alabama, FSU, Texas, OSU etc. We could win the national title next year and still not have as highly ranked recruiting class as they will always have. It has a lot to do with location and population density.

and why can't we out recruit Oklahoma?......Norman is a sh#t hole! But they have a great coach.

and why can't we out recruit Oklahoma?......Norman is a sh#t hole! But they have a great coach.

Which school is closer to the talent?

4* Recruits 2002-2012

YCP4CAW.png

5* Recruits 2002-2012

HXWxAjp.png

YCP4CAW.png

HXWxAjp.png

Lame excuse, captain obvious. We ARE Nebraska, after all.

#Entitled

I bet Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Turner Gill, and thousands of players are glad that they worked very hard, dedicated their lives and succeeded in going above and beyond hurdles and tough odds so the University of Nebraska became synonymous with overachieving, success, championships and pride so we can point at how hard their jobs were and say "meh I guess this is good enough"

• Fire 3

YCP4CAW.png

HXWxAjp.png

Can you explain exactly what these two maps are? I'm assuming they are where various recruits came from. Is it all Div 1 recruits? Is the top map last year and the bottom map are the commitment so far this year? What school's recruits are included?

Thanks,

I bet Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Turner Gill, and thousands of players are glad that they worked very hard, dedicated their lives and succeeded in going above and beyond hurdles and tough odds so the University of Nebraska became synonymous with overachieving, success, championships and pride so we can point at how hard their jobs were and say "meh I guess this is good enough"

Yeah, cuz that's what we've all said.......

#Entitled

#Entitled

You keep saying entitled like its some sort of insult. For 30 years Nebraska stood for winning championships, not making excuses and playing sound football, above all obstacles. If I'm entitled because I want at least a small semblence of that to return then so be it.

#Entitled

You keep saying entitled like its some sort of insult. For 30 years Nebraska stood for winning championships, not making excuses and playing sound football, above all obstacles. If I'm entitled because I want at least a small semblence of that to return then so be it.

It's not 1997 anymore, college football isn't the same it was. If you want to choose to ignore that fact so be it, just please quit acting as if you know what you're talking about.

#Entitled

It's not 1997 anymore, college football isn't the same it was. If you want to choose to ignore that fact so be it, just please quit acting as if you know what you're talking about.

I know full well it isn't 1997 anymore. But if you truly think that the odds are that stacked against Nebraska ever even winning a conference championship anymore, I think you're a little misguided in who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nebraska is very wealthy school with great facilities and a commitment to winning that is rivaled by few. The positives far outweigh the negatives and right now the football team is being coached by a guy who is just barely doing enough not to get fired. We aren't hitting a glass ceiling by any stretch, sadly we're much closer to towing the line of mediocrity.

• Fire 2

what has changed so much from the 90's that would prevent us from playing sound fundamental football, playing complete games, and competing with everyone on our schedule (a schedule that rarely sees top 10 teams, let alone ranked teams).

• Fire 1