Wide Receiver Notes

It is weird that no one is mentioning Alonzo. I know he is hurt, but you have to figure that he may well be the best WR behind Bell.

Worried his career here might be defined by injuries. He's had some bad luck.

That and Westerkamp has AMAZING hands in the receiving game. (we don't talk about punts)

Westerkamp's hands are pretty irrelevant in talking about Alonzo Moore, as they play different spots. Westerkamps has worked mostly and is projected to stay in the slot, while Alonzo has worked almost always in one of the two outside positions.

It is weird that no one is mentioning Alonzo. I know he is hurt, but you have to figure that he may well be the best WR behind Bell.

That and Westerkamp has AMAZING hands in the receiving game. (we don't talk about punts)

Westerkamp's hands are pretty irrelevant in talking about Alonzo Moore, as they play different spots. Westerkamps has worked mostly and is projected to stay in the slot, while Alonzo has worked almost always in one of the two outside positions.

I always figured it was him Turner and Westerkamp at the slot. I remember always hearing how electric Turner and Moore both are and that's why they fit there. And Westerkamp was always more of a sure handed guy meant for the outside more so than a speedy slot receiver but he was so good they wanted him on the field.

I always figured it was him Turner and Westerkamp at the slot. I remember always hearing how electric Turner and Moore both are and that's why they fit there. And Westerkamp was always more of a sure handed guy meant for the outside more so than a speedy slot receiver but he was so good they wanted him on the field.

I disagree here. Westerkamp reminds me so much of Wes Welker; quick guy (not blazing speed), crisp routes, not scared to go across middle, and doesn't drop a thing. Westerkamp would be a good WR at any spot, but I honestly think he can be great at the slot.

FIVE STOCK RISERS

Brandon Reilly: The sophomore walk-on from Lincoln Southwest just kept making plays and moving the chains. He had four catches in the Spring Game and four more in the scrimmage a week before while working with the top offense. The 6-1 Reilly added 15 pounds of muscle this year and has easily entrenched himself among the receivers the Huskers will turn to, joining Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Burtch, Jamal Turner, Taariq Allen and Alonzo Moore. Reilly was playing with as much confidence as anyone on that list by spring’s end.

LJS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pierson-El got some work with the starters today. Sounds like a good one to keep an eye on.

Think he'd have gotten more hype in high school if he could've stayed at his natural position of receiver and had a qb that could get him the ball rather than having to play rb and qb to maximize touches.

B. Reilly@brandonreilly01Apr 29

Just out here trying to break stereotypes for us lighter complexion individuals lol #4.41

Sounds like a high IQ guy. I bet he is a grinder in the weight room and a coach on the field. Probably a great route runner, too...

Kinda reminds me of Ed McCaffrey!

I was going to say more Adam Morrison... because you know, he is white.

• Fire 2

Just out here trying to break stereotypes for us lighter complexion individuals lol #4.41

Sounds like a high IQ guy. I bet he is a grinder in the weight room and a coach on the field. Probably a great route runner, too...

I could see that...if you threw in a little Wayne Chrebet....because you know, he is a football player :)

I could see that...if you threw in a little Wayne Chrebet....because you know, he is a football player :)

If he is anything like a couple of cousins of his that I know well I would say definitely yes.