Armstrong Leading the QB Race

Are you serious? By this logic you seem to be saying that there no discernible difference between a freshman and a 5th-year senior. Like all that time you spend in the weight room, the film room, the practice field, and The Field is so much pointless nonsense.

100% serious. But you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that with all of talk we've heard about how much TA has progressed, from the limited access us fans have, it seems like total lip service. I'm also saying that there is nothing I have seen out of him that gives me any reason to believe that he'll be anything more than a guy taking snaps.

And what does Tommie Frazier have to do with anything? Is that our automatic standard for comparison--one of the greatest college quarterbacks in the history of the game (on the best team, coached by a legend)? And we're going to make that comparison based off apprx. 1/2 of one Rs. freshman season?

Believe me,I'm not the one who has said that TA "looks like another Tommie running the option" or that he "displays the leadership and intangibles of another Tommie."

I'm just saying that when we look at TAs place in Husker history, he'll not be thought of in the same category of Frazier, Gill, or Crouch. He'll be thought of in the category of Mickey Joseph and Mike Grant.

Are you serious? By this logic you seem to be saying that there no discernible difference between a freshman and a 5th-year senior. Like all that time you spend in the weight room, the film room, the practice field, and The Field is so much pointless nonsense.

100% serious. But you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that with all of talk we've heard about how much TA has progressed, from the limited access us fans have, it seems like total lip service. I'm also saying that there is nothing I have seen out of him that gives me any reason to believe that he'll be anything more than a guy taking snaps.

And what does Tommie Frazier have to do with anything? Is that our automatic standard for comparison--one of the greatest college quarterbacks in the history of the game (on the best team, coached by a legend)? And we're going to make that comparison based off apprx. 1/2 of one Rs. freshman season?

Believe me,I'm not the one who has said that TA "looks like another Tommie running the option" or that he "displays the leadership and intangibles of another Tommie."

I'm just saying that when we look at TAs place in Husker history, he'll not be thought of in the same category of Frazier, Gill, or Crouch. He'll be thought of in the category of Mickey Joseph and Mike Grant.

the guy will be remembered as "serviceable"...........

In the words of Adam Savage: "Well, there's your problem!"

In the words of Adam Savage: "Well, there's your problem!"

I'm never going to be not amazed how quickly some assess a QB at Nebraska as opposed to other things.

I'm betting there's a lot of QB's playing in the first few games. Well, maybe two.

Trying to remember how many of these posters were out of their mind excited when TA committed and how some of these same posters wanted TA to start ahead of TM and with the knowledge that TM was gonna be the starter barring injury, couldn't wait till last year was over so TA could resume his rightful place as the next Tommy to bring us a natty. Now the same guy people were excited to have sign are freaking the F out and are already summarizing his entire Husker career as serviceable among other adjectives. My how time flies.

Trying to remember how many of these posters were out of their mind excited when TA committed and how some of these same posters wanted TA to start ahead of TM and with the knowledge that TM was gonna be the starter barring injury, couldn't wait till last year was over so TA could resume his rightful place as the next Tommy to bring us a natty. Now the same guy people were excited to have sign are freaking the F out and are already summarizing his entire Husker career as serviceable among other adjectives. My how time flies.

the facts......none of our opponents are scared of or focused on TA as a really good QB they will need to prepare for.......that might change as the season unfolds, but right now it is just reality.......like it or not!

Trying to remember how many of these posters were....

I'm not calling Jarvis out in particular, but this kind of argument is made a lot in this forum. "The same people who said _____ back in the day are the people who say ______ today." If we knew who we were talking about, we'd say their name. If we don't... it's kind of a straw man.

Well, okay I suppose. I've never made a comparison between Tommy Armstrong and Tommie Frazier. Armstrong did show moments of incredible patience while running the option, but that's not enough on its own to make you a virtuoso. I still don't see your argument that we've seen all we'll see, or how anyone could predict TA's career based off the situation that's played itself out so far. I think even if you end up being right it'll basically amount to a good guess.

• Fire 1