Armstrong Leading the QB Race

I think it's safe to say we have a full fledged QB competition. If TA had the job as locked down as was previously suggested, I doubt we would've seen Fyfe take first team snaps today or the players give such high praise.

Just my opinion.

Remember, this could all be psychology. Tommy may have the job locked down, but letting him think that now could lead to complacency.

Just like Bo is due to spit nails over a bad practice here pretty soon - whether they have a bad practice or not.

• Fire 1

I think it's safe to say we have a full fledged QB competition. If TA had the job as locked down as was previously suggested, I doubt we would've seen Fyfe take first team snaps today or the players give such high praise.

Just my opinion.

Just like Bo is due to spit nails over a bad practice here pretty soon - whether they have a bad practice or not.

http://i.imgur.com/87UDB.gif

Just my opinion.

Remember, this could all be psychology. Tommy may have the job locked down, but letting him think that now could lead to complacency.

That's true, it's possible. But at the same time, we see media members throwing down some praise on the other QBs. So even if the intention is psycological, Fyfe and J. Stanton are doing their best to make it real. Sounds like TA hasn't got the job done through two practices at the very least.

If Fyfe would win the QB battle it would definitely go down as one of the best Walk-on stories in Nebraska history, and that shouldn't be taken lightly if you have been around to see other walk-ons to prove themselves here, there has been some really good ones. I for one just like that there is a competition for the job and treated equally. The best should play no matter who it is.

• Fire 1

This all comes down to who the coaches trust the most not necessarily who's the most talented. Tommy will be tough to beat because he's game tested and Fyfe isn't. I think the best Fyfe can hope for is to really shorten that leash Armstrong has. Once the games start Fyfe probably will play, at least in the first couple, and if he performs well I could see it developing into a full blown QB controversy. It's hard to tell though without seeing practice. If Tommy is really sucking that battle could come a lot sooner. It sounds to me like Stanton is a year away mentally, I just hope he sticks around.

No matter who is taking snaps, when the media asks teammates about any of the QBs, what are they gonna say? I like Knapp think this could be a psychological exercise for all 3 guys.

Maybe so, but Severe's comment about Armstrong looking tired and being unable to complete throws isn't a player quote and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

No matter who is taking snaps, when the media asks teammates about any of the QBs, what are they gonna say? I like Knapp think this could be a psychological exercise for all 3 guys.

Maybe so, but Severe's comment about Armstrong looking tired and being unable to complete throws isn't a player quote and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

I like Severe's updates and commentary, but he is prone to hyperbole, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Fire 3

I like Severe's updates and commentary, but he is prone to hyperbole, so take it with a grain of salt.

So much this. I tuned him out long, long ago. Severe is all about raking muck. Wouldn't trust a single thing he says.

So much this. I tuned him out long, long ago. Severe is all about raking muck. Wouldn't trust a single thing he says.

Maybe. But I've always thought he was a decent evaluator of talent, at least as it pertains to the NFL draft. Maybe he's prone to hyperbole, but I don't know how it would serve his interests to be intentionally wrong. I take all news from fall camp with a grain of salt, especially from coaches saying "Player X is having a great camp". Player X frequently is never heard from again.