What's the best concert in music?

My favorite list:

- Elton John. I'm not a big EJ fan but live ....... Elton and the band was surprisingly good, totally enjoyed it.

- KISS. I mostly dislike KISS songs but in concert ...... kick ass. Elaborate performance, which featured fire breathing, blood spitting, smoking guitars, levitating singers and fireworks pyrotechnics.

- Fleetwood Mac. 3 hours non-stop and meaningful songs. I admit I adore Stevie Nicks.

- Rush. Most talented IMO. Only three members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart.

Honorable mention: Dire Straits and Lynyrd Skynyrd

The Worst:

- Backstreet Boys (door prize gift): Obviously lip sync from the beginning to the end.

- Joe Walsh. Only 3 or 4 songs (drunk as a skunk, eventually passed out)

- All country western music concerts

BTW, rap groups are TERRIBLE. Technically not a music at all IMO.

Pearl Jam was damn good. 2 encores and then Vedder came back out and played again. Everyone started returning to their seats and he just said, "No, no. You guys leave. I'm going to play you out of the arena." We sat there as he played multiple songs acoustic until the majority of people left.

Zac Brown Band is a great show as well.

Best: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. I've seen them 5 times now, always a great show. I went to my first show with a moderate interest in his music and came out of it a complete fan.

Very good: The Hold Steady, Green Day, Pearl Jam, The Gaslight Anthem.

Worst: Capital Cities. Synthesized, electronic pop crap. Apparently they are cool with the youngsters, but I found them to be pretty terrible.

If opening acts qualify as bad concerts, that's a whole new list...

I guess I haven't been to that many concerts. Can't really say I have been to any great ones. Def Leapard in Lincoln in late 80s pissed me off so bad it sort of soured me on going to concerts of big bands.

However, I love going to listen to live music. Probably my favorite place is a small bar on bourbon street. I have been going there for probably 15 years and a few of the musicians are still there. There are some amazing musicians in places like that.

Heard some good musicians in Vegas in March.

Def Leapard in Lincoln in late 80s pissed me off so bad it sort of soured me on going to concerts of big bands.

When Joe Elliot got on stage and threw a temper tantrum like a two-year-old? That's what ended concerts at the Devaney Center. Van Halen was after that, but they'd already been scheduled.

I think it depends on how many songs you know/like of that band.

I have seen KISS a lot and love them...the show is amazing.

I love Rush and the show is great

Love Pink Floyd and the show was great

I saw Smashing Pumkins and I like them but they only played a few of the popular songs which made it less fun for me.

Saw Garbage and the one song I knew was cool but other than that it was lame

Saw the Melvins and knew almost nothing about them BUT they came out and said "We know you are hear to see KISS...We love them too...we are going to play for 30 minutes and get off the stage so you can enjoy the greatest band ever" the crowd went nuts and BOOM, they played for 30 minutes and got off the stage and I like it

Def Leapard in Lincoln in late 80s pissed me off so bad it sort of soured me on going to concerts of big bands.

When Joe Elliot got on stage and threw a temper tantrum like a two-year-old? That's what ended concerts at the Devaney Center. Van Halen was after that, but they'd already been scheduled.

Exactly....

Making us stand outside for over an hour in friggen cold drizzle while they trashed their dressing room and wouldn't pay for it. THEN, get on stage and act like a two year old...Sorry....then you don't need my money.

The worst, The Osmonds... it was a heavy price to pay...

This was for a girl, I'll guarantee it.

No, I was 10 years old, and it was a tradeout... I had to go see the Osmonds w/ my mom's boyfriend and his idiot kids, so I could go see Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour...

Best Show; Metallica 89, Sick of It All 25th anniversary show, Big Four Yankee Stadium, Dynamo Festival 95, Kvelertak, A band I used to see growing up in Rapid City called, (I'm not kidding either) Chickensh*t Logjam who opened for Green Day in 90, and completely blew them away

Worst concert: Green Day, Osmonds, Kiss (w/o makeup), Linkln Park

Very good: The Hold Steady...

My best friend from college is a huge Hold Steady fan. Being that we live in MPLS, he has plenty of opportunities to see them. Unfortunately he has become jaded to their live shows because as he says "the set list barely ever changes. Craig Finn pauses at the exact same points in the shows, says the same stuff, does the same stuff. It just never changes."

I have only seen them once, thought it was a decent show...well compared to the few I have seen.