What's the best concert in music?

KISS was probably the best concert theatrically speaking

Tie between Sammy Hagar and Aerosmith were the best vocally and energy wise.

Did not care for Staind. Aaron Lewis can sing the crap out of a song but the overall performance was meh.

Marilyn Manson was pretty good.

If I harken back to my younger days, I never had more fun than Ivory Star in small town Nebraska.

Thinking outside the box- Trans Siberian Orchestra. Amazing show. Especially if you have seats up close.

Very good: The Hold Steady...

My best friend from college is a huge Hold Steady fan. Being that we live in MPLS, he has plenty of opportunities to see them. Unfortunately he has become jaded to their live shows because as he says "the set list barely ever changes. Craig Finn pauses at the exact same points in the shows, says the same stuff, does the same stuff. It just never changes."

I have only seen them once, thought it was a decent show...well compared to the few I have seen.

Yea, I've only seen them once. I thought they were very good, but don't follow them closely enough to know their regular setlist. Though I don't think setlists really change that much for most bands. They play the bulk of the record they are touring in support of, some old favorites and call it a night.

I lot don't like them but U2 puts on a great concert. Saw them at the Quest Center in whatever year 04 I think. They are the tightest band I have ever heard live. They sounded like their albums, but better.

AC/DC puts on good show it hasn't really changed much over the years.

Kiss does a great show. Rush is great.

Have seen REO/Eddie Money/Kansas/Heart/Chicago/Foreigner at outdoor shows in Norfolk throughout the years. All were pretty good for the oldie circuit.

Eddie Money did more talking than singing. Kansas was good, but I like Kansas. Foreigner only had 1 original member Mick Jones, but they sounded good. Heart was very good, but they didn't talk really at all between songs and only did about an hour and fifteen minutes.

My wife likes country music so I have seen a few of those shows. Rascal Flats was a good show and I really enjoyed the Zack Brown Band.

I lot don't like them but U2 puts on a great concert. Saw them at the Quest Center in whatever year 04 I think. They are the tightest band I have ever heard live. They sounded like their albums, but better.

AC/DC puts on good show it hasn't really changed much over the years.

Kiss does a great show. Rush is great.

Have seen REO/Eddie Money/Kansas/Heart/Chicago/Foreigner at outdoor shows in Norfolk throughout the years. All were pretty good for the oldie circuit.

Eddie Money did more talking than singing. Kansas was good, but I like Kansas. Foreigner only had 1 original member Mick Jones, but they sounded good. Heart was very good, but they didn't talk really at all between songs and only did about an hour and fifteen minutes.

My wife likes country music so I have seen a few of those shows. Rascal Flats was a good show and I really enjoyed the Zack Brown Band.

I could only get two in her.

Very good: The Hold Steady...

My best friend from college is a huge Hold Steady fan. Being that we live in MPLS, he has plenty of opportunities to see them. Unfortunately he has become jaded to their live shows because as he says "the set list barely ever changes. Craig Finn pauses at the exact same points in the shows, says the same stuff, does the same stuff. It just never changes."

I have only seen them once, thought it was a decent show...well compared to the few I have seen.

Yea, I've only seen them once. I thought they were very good, but don't follow them closely enough to know their regular setlist. Though I don't think setlists really change that much for most bands. They play the bulk of the record they are touring in support of, some old favorites and call it a night.

Right, my understanding is that the set has been very much the same in structure and substance since the beginning of the band...save for the few songs that get swapped out when they release a new album, which is typical but not for such a long period of time for a band that continues to release new music.. Hell I swear at one point he said even the encore is the same all the time. And I am not talking about multiple tour stops, I am talking every single stop in the MPLS area is the same year in and year out. I could easily tell that it was very annoying to my friend having to describe just how predictable one of his most favorite bands is.

Best Concerts I've been to;

Roger Waters-The Wall at the Pepsi Center (2011 or 12-can't rem already) This one was special because it was an awesome show and I won the tickets along with a limo ride to and from the show from a local radio station so it didn't cost me anything.

Eagles at Mile High Stadium (1996ish)

KISS at Civic in Omaha. Destroyer Tour late 70's

Fabulous Thunderbirds (warmup band for REO) Red Rocks late 80's or early 90's

Have also seen quite a few acts beyond their prime at the Greeley Stampede. CCR, Grand Funk Railroad, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Blue Oyster Cult all come to mind. All were pretty decent shows.

Worst Shows;

Foreigner at the Greeley Stampede, they sucked. Well their singer sucked, the band was fine.

Head East at the Cherry Hut in Lincoln 1983ish. Haha, spandex was not doing him any favors that day.

Probably forgetting many good and bad shows.

Saw KISS when they were though a couple of years ago in Omaha. It was pretty sweet.

Saw ACDC in KC. Exactly what's thought it would be. Angus and Brian going nuts all over the stage. Loved it, even if itsounded like old ACDC Live cassette tape I had when younger.

One of the greatest, funnest shows I saw was Green Jelly at Knickerbockers. They brought it and had costumes for people in the crowd to wear up on stage for almost every song.

Mushroomhead always puts on a great show

August, Burns Red always have played with crazy enthusiasm on stage

Fear Factory was sweet, also at Knickerbockers. Maybe it's just the venue, being a tiny shithole, that makes concerts awesome, cause there have been many there for this guy.

But most enjoyable for this guy was Terror, Acacia Strain, God Forbid, and Hatebreed. Four hours of mayhem and violence it was beautiful.

Worst, Linken Park at Pershing. Hand down. Whiney little bitches

Old memories. At my first thoughts in late '70s, Rush was a typical hippie type group fueled by heavy drinking, lovefest groupies and drug parties. Not true. Actually straight as an arrow, no alcohol abuse and drugs at all. Lee was and is a normal marriage, no divorce, heavy donations, big time MLB fan and collects baseball memorabilia.

Still playing today ..... let me think now ......2014 minus 1977 (first released) equals 37 years.

Canadian musicians. Older generation: Rush :thumbs . Newer generation: Justin Bieber :facepalm:

Old memories. At my first thoughts in late '70s, Rush was a typical hippie type group fueled by heavy drinking, lovefest groupies and drug parties. Not true. Actually straight as an arrow, no alcohol and drugs at all. Lee was and is a normal marriage, no divorce, heavy donations and big time MLB fan.

Still playing today ..... let me think now ......2014 minus 1977 (first released) equals 37 years.

Try more like 45 years. Getty and Alex started playing together in HS in about 68'. Neal Peart joined the group in like 74'.

You owe it to yourself to see Les Claypool/Primus as many times as possible before you die.

Other favorites for NUpolo8

Bad Religion

The Aquabats

Rise Against

Against Me!

Bruce Springsteen

Acts you should without question avoid live....

-blink 182

-NOFX

Try more like 45 years. Getty and Alex started playing together in HS in about 68'. Neal Peart joined the group in like 74'.

When Peart took over for John Rutsey, who was diabetic...

wow. 45 years !

Earliest youtube video (I think). 1975 released. Check out mark 1:26 ... Alex's excellent work !

Present time. Oh god, I'm old !

61kR7DO6pHL._SX870_.jpg