Kirk Herbstreit on the 2014 Huskers

It has always puzzled me how TV sports entertainers that are on to kick off the football Saturday can elicit such negative attitudes. I have enjoyed watching them simply because it's college football and Corso can take things light hearted and have fun with it.

Sometimes fans get too up tight about things.

Agree 100%!

It is a pre-game show, for fun and some information. The complaints I always hear:

1. There is not enough information (They are not going to break down plays for 2 hours or talk about stats, that is a betting show)

2. They focus on one team or conference (of course they do)

3. They hate "my team", well, probably not.

4. So and so doesn't know what they are talking about. Yeah, they probably do for the most part.

It is a fun show

It has always puzzled me how TV sports entertainers that are on to kick off the football Saturday can elicit such negative attitudes. I have enjoyed watching them simply because it's college football and Corso can take things light hearted and have fun with it.

Agree 100%!

It is a pre-game show, for fun and some information. The complaints I always hear:

1. There is not enough information (They are not going to break down plays for 2 hours or talk about stats, that is a betting show)

4. So and so doesn't know what they are talking about. Yeah, they probably do for the most part.

It is a fun show

I love #4 the most.

Fans will point out that some personality on TV got a name wrong or some obscure stat wrong for their team and just be outraged that "That idiot doesn't know that". Well....there are something like 130 Div 1 teams in college football. I'm sorry to say that you aren't going to find any announcer or personality that knows every trivial fact about your favorite team as well as you do.

Because of the reasons I stated.............If it makes you feel better, I can just say that I like him! Why do you like him?

You didn't actually state any reasons, that's why I don't understand why you think he's a douchebag.

I like him because he's good at his job, especially as a color commentator in game. He doesn't troll fans or take weird positions just to be sensational, he usually offers worthwhile input. Plus he's dreamy.

Agree 100%!

It is a fun show

I love #4 the most.

Fans will point out that some personality on TV got a name wrong or some obscure stat wrong for their team and just be outraged that "That idiot doesn't know that". Well....there are something like 130 Div 1 teams in college football. I'm sorry to say that you aren't going to find any announcer or personality that knows every trivial fact about your favorite team as well as you do.

Plus, they are doing it live. So, sure, they have a "script" but it is probably much more of an outline as one question or comment can change a lot of what they are trying to talk about.

It always goes like this...

"At Nebraska, they will have a tough one today as a very motivated ____________ team comes to lincoln"

That is followed by fans freaking out "Tough one? What???? ___________ has not won in Lincoln in 10 years, tough one? Oh my god, these guys are idiots"

Because of the reasons I stated.............If it makes you feel better, I can just say that I like him! Why do you like him?

You didn't actually state any reasons, that's why I don't understand why you think he's a douchebag.

I like him because he's good at his job, especially as a color commentator in game. He doesn't troll fans or take weird positions just to be sensational, he usually offers worthwhile input. Plus he's dreamy.

This is what I stated:

I've never liked Herbstreit. It goes along with Corso. Maybe I just don't like Herbstreit because of Corso, but I just can't stand to listen to him. He's not as bad as Mark May, but I just can't stand how whiny he is some times.

So, I stated that I can't stand to listen to him and that I think he is whiny some times. I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers. As I'v also stated before.........I will just retract that I can't stand him and say that I love Hirbrstreit. I'm sorry that I have my own opinion of him and I will ask you for your stance on people before I post. My apologies and have a nice day!

• Fire 1

So, you like Corso so much that you don't like Kirk?

sure

That's strange.

I can't stand Corso, I'm just agreeing with everyone now so that I don't have anyone mad that I don't share their views. :)

Nobody is mad....just trying to understand. :dunno

Understand what exactly? I said that I can't stand Hirbstreit and I was drilled as to why. I have found on this board that it's just easier to agree with some people than rather try to argue. There is nothing to understand.....I'm not a fan of Hirbstreit or Corso.

I don't have a problem with Corso and in fact like the guy and find him amusing. However, I do have a problem with how ESPN uses him now. I feel like they exploit (we all know how much I hate people exploiting others...) his good nature and humor when he has gotten to the point where he can't do it as well as he used to. The man is simply getting old. He does very well during the scripted portions where he can spout off everything that he has practiced with a good amount of zest. However, as I'm sure many have noticed, when he has to discuss without a script, he often gets a bit lost/confused and I genuinely feel bad for the guy. That feeling sucks bad enough in normal conversation, but on national television, with Herbstreit stroking your arm for support? Maybe he still likes it and doesn't mind, but I still think it is a bit exploitative.