Kirk Herbstreit on the 2014 Huskers

Soon Husker fans will want no commentators at all for the games...zero

I'd prefer just the crowd noise for the audio. Many of the current guys just say stuff to fill the time and hear themselves talk. Urban Meyer was actually pretty good because he'd explain why a particular play was or wasn't working.

They tried that once for an NFL game or a USfL game back in the 80s. No commentators, just the stadium announcers on broadcast TV. Didn't work out so well.

Too bad. There are absolutely terrible announcing crews for NFL games.

first time I'm hearing anyone say they dislike Corso. The man's an icon and good for the game. Gonna be a sad day when he's no longer on the set.

This will be like when good ole JR stepped away from RAW. It was never the same. It died.

Wasn't a huge wrestling fan growing up but a lot of my friends were so I'd watch it with them. Ol' Jimmy's voice is one of those unique ones that sticks in your brain forever

Gameday was the best when it jumped from a short, 30-minute program to an hour. Twice as much coverage and they were able to hit on just about every conference with an obscure story thrown in here and there. 3 hours is just absurd. I don't care about the Rinaldi stories or any of the extreme fluff. Cut it back to an hour and have real conversations. Most of the conversation feels so forced, like, they're talking about topics just to fill the full three hours.

The Rinaldi stories might be the best part, imo.

The reek of forced overdramatization.

Seriously, that guy could take a story about a cow pooping and make it sound like the most dramatic story ever. His stupid intro monologue is the most blatant self agrandizing piece of work with his stupid "this is serious" stare into the camera.

Totally agree Eric, and he gives fair props to this staff and program. You win he games you are supposed to, play tough the games you aren't you get all the praise you can stand from ESPN. You shite the bed, they tell you to. We have 14 years of missing the pot at least.