Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

Prescient. Note the date.

America's Last Prisoner of War Three years ago, a 23-year-old soldier walked off his base in Afghanistan and into the hands of the Taliban. Now he’s a crucial pawn in negotiations to end the war. Will the Pentagon leave a man behind? by MICHAEL HASTINGS

JUNE 07, 2012

. . .

"The Hill is giving State and the White House sh#t," says one senior administration source. "The political consequences­ are being used as leverage in the policy debate." According to White House sources, Marc Grossman, who replaced Richard Holbrooke as special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, was given a direct warning by the president's opponents in Congress about trading Bowe for five Taliban prisoners during an election year. "They keep telling me it's going to be Obama's Willie Horton moment," Grossman warned the White House. The threat was as ugly as it was clear: The president's political enemies were prepared to use the release of violent prisoners to paint Obama as a Dukakis-­like appeaser, just as Republicans did to the former Massachusetts governor during the 1988 campaign. In response, a White House official advised Grossman that he should ignore the politics of the swap and concentrate solely on the policy.

"Frankly, we don't give a sh#t why he left," says one White House official. "He's an American soldier. We want to bring him home."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/americas-last-prisoner-of-war-20120607?print=true

• Fire 1

The hypocrisy manages to be both stunning yet also banal, even predictable. It's not rocket science. Sgt. Bergdahl was never a living, breathing human to these people -- just what the director Alfred Hitchcock would have called a "MacGuffin," an insignificant prop that exists to drive the real storyline, and that storyline is tearing down Obama as an un-American pretender to the White House. In 2013, Obama was a coward who didn't understand our most basic principle of "no man left behind." In 2014, Obama was a treasonous dictator who put the nation at risk to rescue an undeserving deserter who should be court-martialed, maybe executed. The two narratives are ridiculously, laughably contradictory except for one element: They both involve a president named Barack Hussein Obama.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Americawhat-the-hell-is-wrong-with-us.html#dOr41OTQ1Su86yaG.99

• Fire 1

The hypocrisy manages to be both stunning yet also banal, even predictable. It's not rocket science. Sgt. Bergdahl was never a living, breathing human to these people -- just what the director Alfred Hitchcock would have called a "MacGuffin," an insignificant prop that exists to drive the real storyline, and that storyline is tearing down Obama as an un-American pretender to the White House. In 2013, Obama was a coward who didn't understand our most basic principle of "no man left behind." In 2014, Obama was a treasonous dictator who put the nation at risk to rescue an undeserving deserter who should be court-martialed, maybe executed. The two narratives are ridiculously, laughably contradictory except for one element: They both involve a president named Barack Hussein Obama.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Americawhat-the-hell-is-wrong-with-us.html#dOr41OTQ1Su86yaG.99

Boy I sure am glad this is a one sided problem and that no democrats ever did anything like this when Bush was in office. These evil, conniving, take advantage of the moment republicans are just the worst.

Boy I sure am glad this is a one sided problem and that no democrats ever did anything like this when Bush was in office. These evil, conniving, take advantage of the moment republicans are just the worst.

They're just pathetic compared to Dems...aren't they?

I can't recall ever saying that but do you think that it excuses the current behavior? Just curious.

Or is it just a result of that uncomfortable feeling when your chosen affiliates are behaving badly?

• Fire 1

I can't recall ever saying that but do you think that it excuses the current behavior? Just curious.

Or is it just a result of that uncomfortable feeling when your chosen affiliates are behaving badly?

Come on, can't ya tell when a guy's just stirring the pot chuckleshuffle

*wonders if that is illegal now*

I don't think anything excuses the behavior of anybody in politics these days. I expect the absolute worst from all of them and none of them ever disappoint.

There are too many inconsistencies in this story.

Why did he just leave the base?

The 6 soldiers that died, were they Spec Ops guys? If they weren't why were they sent in

lieu of Rangers/Green Beanie's/etc?

I believe a few were SF from what was said on a CNN interview, but obviously no one can really confirm if they died looking for him or not.

There are too many inconsistencies in this story.

Why did he just leave the base?

The 6 soldiers that died, were they Spec Ops guys? If they weren't why were they sent in

lieu of Rangers/Green Beanie's/etc?

I believe a few were SF from what was said on a CNN interview, but obviously no one can really confirm if they died looking for him or not.

There are way too many questions that need to be answered, and right now this is some Manchurian Candidate type of sh*t...

The inconsistencies in this whole this is bordering on mind boggling...

IMO, this is a bullsh#t deal. If you look at what happened during the exchange, you will see a lot of things that are way out of place. You never make an prisoner exchange the way this went down.

SF was involved, and they were not happy about this sh#t. Look at the video of this, and tell me all the things you see wrong. If you can't see it, then you you should ask people that know. HUGE f'ing'MISTAKE!!!!

walks, I know you'll see it.

IMO, this is a bullsh#t deal. If you look at what happened during the exchange, you will see a lot of things that are way out of place. You never make an prisoner exchange the way this went down.

SF was involved, and they were not happy about this sh#t. Look at the video of this, and tell me all the things you see wrong. If you can't see it, then you you should ask people that know. HUGE f'ing'MISTAKE!!!!

walks, I know you'll see it.

I honestly haven't seen the video, link?

First of all, they only land one helicopter?

Their security is for sh*t.

I think this was staged.

You are correct.

2nd: No way would we land in a valley. Every man would pull security. There is a RPG, and Taliban forces in tree line. You know this would never fly with SpecOps. I think this is a big staged Op. SpecOps people can see this plain as day. I knew you would see it. :D

• Fire 1

First of all, they only land one helicopter?

Their security is for sh*t.

I think this was staged.

You are correct.

2nd: No way would we land in a valley. Every man would pull security. There is a RPG, and Taliban forces in tree line. You know this would never fly with SpecOps. I think this is a big staged Op. SpecOps people can see this plain as day. I knew you would see it. :D

I hadn't even gotten to that yet...

The fact that you've got all those taliban swingin' dicks standing around there is a giveaway too, and what the f*ck is up with the waving as their leaving?