Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

I just hope someone was smart enough to track these guys back and monitor them for at least a couple of days, if not the next month so when can get some serious intel on them.

GPS enabled microchip implant.

I was wondering about this as well but its not like they wouldn't be able to tell someone they have it and have it removed

Thanks for posting that Z...

Now that I've seen it, it's definitely bullsh#t. His captors are way too casual. It's almost like they're in downtown Jalalabad for beer and bitches.

Also, I don't know who's security is worse, there's or ours? The guys on the hillside are just hanging out, and outside of the one other helicopter that I don't know if it's a Blackhawk or a gunship, where's the cover for the half a dozen of our guys on the ground.

Finally, nobody is checking that unsecured structure behind them?

It would have take two snipers less than 20 or 30 seconds to eliminate the entire opposition. You hit the 4 or 5 dudes near the truck, then get the guys on the hills, winner winner chicken dinner...

That thing is complete bs...

Edited by walksalone
  • Fire 1

If we were going in to take the guy, I can see all that. But isn't the situation tactically very different knowing it was basically a prisoner exchange?

We'd already negotiated his release. We get the soldier, we release the Five Bad Guys. Why would we go in with snipers and gunships for a negotiated hand-off?

Landing in a valley, in front of an unsecured building, with little or no back up? That's a recipe for a charlie foxtrot.

Who's not to say a guy pop out of a window of that building with a PK (Russian version of our SAW) and spray's the inside of the helo the second it lands. The fact that it is supposed to be a "prisoner change" should not change the operating procedure what so ever. Essentially whoever agreed to the area was the first f*ck up in this scenario. You look at your maps of the area and determine that your in a valley. You could have satellite imagery within a couple hours of learning the location. If you don't like the location, then you insert a couple sniper teams and just "do the village" before the helo gets there to pick our guy up.

Edited by walksalone

I nominate walks to be in charge of HB field ops.

and if some friendly fire happened to accidently take out Bergdahl..........

*raises palms to the sky & shrugs shoulders*

I just see stuff like this, and I think way too much about it, kinda like Carl and Knapp do with the intellectual stuff...

One other minor thing, why was there the designation of "41" on the side of the helo? Spec Ops guys generally wear no insignia when on an op.

Also, why were there uniformed guys on the bird as well...

Just way too many things in this equation that just don't add up...

Edit: also, what benefit would these guys have by getting 5 of their own guys back or 5 million dollars?

Edited by walksalone

I've been unavailable for a few days so please forgive me. I find it appalling that this thread has devolved into a he did/she did political muckraking instead of maintaining a focus on the men who died attempting to rescue this POS. For those of you whom participated in this, you should be ashamed of yourselves...

I've been unavailable for a few days so please forgive me. I find it appalling that this thread has devolved into a he did/she did political muckraking instead of maintaining a focus on the men who died attempting to rescue this POS. For those of you whom participated in this, you should be ashamed of yourselves...

Please show me the bonafide evidence that backs up the claims that these men died as a direct result of looking for Bergdahl. I find it appalling that you would call a member of our armed forces a POS before you even hear his account of what happened, and before an official investigation into his capture is completed.

I've been unavailable for a few days so please forgive me. I find it appalling that this thread has devolved into a he did/she did political muckraking instead of maintaining oa focus on the men who died attempting to rescue this POS. For those of you whom participated in this, you should be ashamed of yourselves...

Please show me the bonafide evidence that backs up the claims that these men died as a direct result of looking for Bergdahl. I find it appalling that you would call a member of our armed forces a POS before you even hear his account of what happened, and before an official investigation into his capture is completed.

Have you read this entire thread? I clearly stated above that a classified document exists regarding the investigation. He did desert. Men did die looking for him. Indisputable facts, period. He is, in fact, a POS. Get over your outrage.