Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

First of all, they only land one helicopter?

Their security is for sh*t.

I think this was staged.

You are correct.

2nd: No way would we land in a valley. Every man would pull security. There is a RPG, and Taliban forces in tree line. You know this would never fly with SpecOps. I think this is a big staged Op. SpecOps people can see this plain as day. I knew you would see it. :D

I hadn't even gotten to that yet...

The fact that you've got all those taliban swingin' dicks standing around there is a giveaway too, and what the f*ck is up with the waving as their leaving?

It's a total fuckjob. No way this goes down like this. To many things that just scream set up. If you were truly going in hot, you know what you are looking for, and there are too many targets of opportunity to pass on. My opinion.

• Fire 1

It's a total fuckjob. No way this goes down like this. To many things that just scream set up. If you were truly going in hot, you know what you are looking for, and there are too many targets of opportunity to pass on. My opinion.

Completely...

Why don't you insert a couple guys ahead of time to get a lay of the land. They realize that this is a sh#t area, just do the whole group, grab our guy, and get out. They obviously weren't too worried about the security around Bergdahl, so eliminating the entire opposition shouldn't have been that much of an issue...

Completely...

Why don't you insert a couple guys ahead of time to get a lay of the land. They realize that this is a sh#t area, just do the whole group, grab our guy, and get out. They obviously weren't too worried about the security around Bergdahl, so eliminating the entire opposition shouldn't have been that much of an issue...

Agree. This a Charlie Foxtrot from the get go. You insert Rangers for a hasty Re-con, and take the offensive on the extract. But, you know as well I as I do, this would never take place in the area that they chose. It isn't ideal for an exchange and we would never agree to it.

• Fire 1

Precisely...

One of the things I thought was really odd (mind you, I watched this with no sound, because my job doesn't believe in speakers), was the way our guys were acting after the exchange as they were heading to the helo...

He wasn't even frisked until he reached the helo. Why? This sh#t would never fly with the people I know.

• Fire 1

Precisely...

One of the things I thought was really odd (mind you, I watched this with no sound, because my job doesn't believe in speakers), was the way our guys were acting after the exchange as they were heading to the helo...

He wasn't even frisked until he reached the helo. Why? This sh#t would never fly with the people I know.

I noticed that too...

I'm going to have to watch it with the commentary when I get home.

I would love to hear the opinion of a real "Operator" while he watched this...

I don't think this was staged. I think it was poorly thrown together in haste. Unfortunately they had us by the balls and they set the terms. We probably had half a dozen drones above the drop ready to blow these guys to hell had anything gone wrong. Also, these men were not Taliban. They were Haqqani.

I thought this was a pre-arranged exchange? They would know we were coming, the guy would be there, and we'd pick him up like a cab with a fare.

I'm not trying to pick holes in your theories, guys. You know I'm ignorant of the way this stuff (SpecOps) works. Just asking questions.

Also, is it pronounced Spek-Ops or Spesh-Ops?

I thought this was a pre-arranged exchange? They would know we were coming, the guy would be there, and we'd pick him up like a cab with a fare.

I'm not trying to pick holes in your theories, guys. You know I'm ignorant of the way this stuff (SpecOps) works. Just asking questions.

Also, is it pronounced Spek-Ops or Spesh-Ops?

The former.

Also, prearranged doesn't mean much. Things change all the time. I know if I were on the other side I wouldn't have disclosed the location of the drop until the absolute last second. That's what I meant by haste. It isn't the most tactically advantageous location.

He actually was patted down quickly right away and then a little more thoroughly when they reached the Helo. I have to agree that this whole thing doesn't add up. I think this is a huge disgrace to all of them men and women who serve and have served. This administration should be held accountable for their actions as well as Bergdahl. IMO

He actually was patted down quickly right away and then a little more thoroughly when they reached the Helo. I have to agree that this whole thing doesn't add up. I think this is a huge disgrace to all of them men and women who serve and have served. This administration should be held accountable for their actions as well as Bergdahl. IMO

Good thing the U.S. brought him home then....

Oliver North is also saying that he knows there was a ransom paid for Bergdahl. He says it was probably around $5-6 million. This is completely unfounded as of now and I'm not offering any comment on it. I'm just throwing it out there.

We can probably do without throwing things out there that that particular criminal said . . . given the allegations being spun, asking for his input is something like asking OJ for his input regarding an ongoing murder trial.