Paying College Athletes Discussion

I don't think it's a stretch to think he was talking about a situation that could affect many people but wouldn't have to affect every single person in the group. Especially when he starts out "a lot of guys..."

Well I'm going to take him at his quote. He's the one who decided to play the hungry card when he was expressing that he thinks he isn't properly compensated.

I don't think it's a stretch to think he was talking about a situation that could affect many people but wouldn't have to affect every single person in the group. Especially when he starts out "a lot of guys..."

Well I'm going to take him at his quote. He's the one who decided to play the hungry card when he was expressing that he thinks he isn't properly compensated.

So there are two comments in the third person and one in the second and you get first person out of it. Got it.

So there are two comments in the third person and one in the second and you get first person out of it. Got it.

Kenny Bell himself said "we don't have enough money to eat". Kenny Bell says he wants a voice. Well perhaps Kenny Bell will soon realize that he does indeed have a voice, and his words are going to be recorded and applied to actions. It would benefit him greatly to do so.

How did this thread go from being about Kenny shaving his head to a debate about the merits of paying student athletes? Have any of you guys thought that since it's summer that Kenny is probably at a relative or friend's house in that picture?

How did this thread go from being about Kenny shaving his head to a debate about the merits of paying student athletes? Have any of you guys thought that since it's summer that Kenny is probably at a relative or friend's house in that picture?

I think they're referring to this one from March:

https://twitter.com/AFRO_THUNDER80/status/442836850495868929

Kenny Bell @AFRO_THUNDER80

Great win. Now it's dinner time at the bell/okuyemi household pic.twitter.com/PXOOGnrSLK

BiVFxObCEAEKiv7.jpg

Eichorst says it would cost the University less than $1 million to pay scholarship athletes the added "cost of attendance" benefit.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/The-Gap-would-cost-Nebraska-930000-28834213

What he should say is that the university would actually gain money to pay student athletes the cost of attendance.

You seem to be basically the only one - along with the one article you quoted - who continues to hold to this. It's all semantics but basically everyone else disagrees with you. They will be paying to cover items that are currently not covered. How that affects different students and different universities will vary.

I think they're referring to this one from March:

https://twitter.com/AFRO_THUNDER80/status/442836850495868929

Kenny Bell ‏@AFRO_THUNDER80

Great win. Now it's dinner time at the bell/okuyemi household pic.twitter.com/PXOOGnrSLK

BiVFxObCEAEKiv7.jpg

That makes my point moot.

Is the NCAA going to limit the amount given to each athlete, or will it be up to the conference or worse yet the university?

The NCAA would have to set a limit. It would need to be uniform across the board otherwise some schools would pay much more than they should and would gain an unfair advantage in recruiting. Problem is that a lot of the smaller schools might not be able to afford this.